Upper Mid-West HS Federation Hockey Championships

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Undercover Hockey Lover

Upper Mid-West HS Federation Hockey Championships

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Just an idea....Many people have asked for the A to play the AA Champion. I disagree with that BUT...how about this. North Dakota has a single champion, I believe Wisconsin only has a single champ. How about BOTH the Champs from Minnesota, the ND Champ and the WI Champ play-off for a Mid-west Championship it could rotate between the Big Ralph and Fargo's new rink for ND; the Lil Ralph, St Cloud or Mariucci on the MN years and the Kohl Center or some of their other better venues for when WI hosts. The reason I say these three states...is because they all use the National Federations rule book. Before you nay-sayer come with the Minnesota AA Champ would win EVERY year....your WRONG. =; It would be fairly tough to seed this tourney so the match-ups should come right out of the hat. The tourney could have a rotation set to start with years in advance so the weekend after the last champions are decided would be open for the scheduled venue. We would know the dates and place we just wouldn't know the participants. :-k

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:11 pm

I wouldn't mind it...but who pays for it? :?
Schools are on tight budgets already, so I think that would be one of the barriers. IDK

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:18 pm

Corporate sponsorship man....and televise it on FSN...should be a lull in there between the Final Five and NHL Play-Offs - dump the NBA for a weekend. With a televised win from someone other than the MN AA champ it could "Jump-start" participation in youth programs in ND, WI and small town MN. I also think this would be a sell-out in any of the venues the first few years a least.

Or...each HS league could pay the way of their respective champs. I know for a fact that the MSHSL makes a pile on the state tourney...a couple thousand bucks to cover each teams expenses is squat diddly. MSHSL already gives state participants an expense stipend for appearing.
Last edited by Undercover Hockey Lover on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Yes, but it cost the schools to attend, or are you saying transportation and such would be paid thru the event?

However anything is better then orange ball bouncing! :lol:

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Can't Never Tried wrote:Yes, but it cost the schools to attend, or are you saying transportation and such would be paid thru the event?

However anything is better then orange ball bouncing! :lol:
I was adding the OR as a retort when you posted this - Ooops...

You are definitely right about the orange ball. One of the first things I did when we moved into our home was to dig the BB hoop out and add a shooter tutor to the garage.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Okay, type up the petition to the MSHSL.
I'll sign.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks E70 for the endorsement. The Petition is post 1 on this thread and your response is as good as a signature. Trust me...these posts get to the proper people if a) it's a really good idea they can claim as their own or b) you've yapped too long about something. :|

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:48 pm

Well, if we can get PB signed up we'll get the 'liberal' vote.

And bader and badr jr to agree we will have the zebra vote.

And HOfamer & RL to come top a meeting of the minds and Tommie butt and Boogermand on the smae page we will have it just about coverd.

Assuming Lee and Slappy say it si okay.

I am just assuming videoscout and blues are already for it.
Last edited by elliott70 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Thanks E70 for the endorsement. The Petition is post 1 on this thread and your response is as good as a signature. Trust me...these posts get to the proper people if a) it's a really good idea they can claim as their own or b) you've yapped too long about something. :|
This will be in the paper in about a week.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Okay wew got CNT and the red strib with us.

Chrisk can bring in the union vote.

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Great idea. Lets get Double Boogy to hold his breath till it happens!