Best Class A senior in The State?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stars03

Best Class A senior in The State?

Post by Stars03 »

Just want to know your thoughts, im leaning toward Dano Jaques of Duluth Marshal.
Goldy Gopher

Re: Best Class A senior in The State?

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Stars03 wrote:Just want to know your thoughts, im leaning toward Dano Jaques of Duluth Marshal.
Doesn't get much better than him.
The U invented swagger.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Jake Youso .........hands down :roll:
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

If Jake Johnson from Denfeld can stay healthy he's going to produce some big time numbers this season.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Dano Jaques
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Youso
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Dano Jaques
I dont think this is much of a question. There are some from Warroad that are good but Jaques is the most experienced and I definitely think he is the best in A and probably top 5 in the state all together.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Take your pick. I'd probably say Youso but he has nobody around him and Hjelle is gone. Johnson and Jacques are right up there as well. How about Saintey and Rooney from STA, they looked pretty good at state last year (are they seniors?). Also, if Ben Hanowski was a Senior he would fit right in.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Sainty? Is that a joke? He is nowhere near the best player in the state in class A. He isn't even the best player on his team (granted they will be very good). He is a decent player but to throw him into this discussion is ridiculous.
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

Right their with Jacques is his d partner Landon Olson, top two defenseman in class A
realmnhockey07

Post by realmnhockey07 »

jacques is definately good. lehrke is good for park, and hahn and ravndalen from warroad
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

Id say top 2 for sure would be Youso and Lehrke...no doubt
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

SiouxRecruit wrote:Id say top 2 for sure would be Youso and Lehrke...no doubt
How can you not include Dano Jaque in any post on this topic? I agree that Youso and Lehrke are dfinitely top 5 but Jaque has been one of the most consistent players on a team that has been to the state tournament just about every year since he has been goin there (I am currently too lazy to actually check it to make sure) and is one of the best D-men in the state including AA.
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

Nick Nagel?
TheShow

Post by TheShow »

Dano Jaques gets 3 one-timer goals in one game and everyone thinks he is the best. A question is how good is he with out Jack Connolly and Bob Gutsch feeding him. They already lost to Denfeld.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

TheShow wrote:Dano Jaques gets 3 one-timer goals in one game and everyone thinks he is the best. A question is how good is he with out Jack Connolly and Bob Gutsch feeding him. They already lost to Denfeld.
Dano Jaque also seemed to have a few assists. He is a pure passer with the skills to finish as well. It wasnt one game, it was a full year and then some that he has been impressive.
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

Those were rocket slap shots in the state semis, kind of a big game.
Anyway that was a scrimmage that lasted i believe 22 minutes, not a big deal. In the game that actually mattered, Dano had 3 assists.
Not saying he is by far the best player in the state but is definately right up there in skill next to guys like Youso. Johnson, Stafne, and DeCenzo are all top players as well.
mrsnake

Post by mrsnake »

TheShow Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dano Jaques gets 3 one-timer goals in one game and everyone thinks he is the best. A question is how good is he with out Jack Connolly and Bob Gutsch feeding him. They already lost to Denfeld.

maybe you forgot about the goal he scored against blake.... in the state tourny nobody set him up there and also all the assists he had in the tourny. easily one of the most explosive kids is the state A or AA
slevin 2

Post by slevin 2 »

I agree I think Dano Jaques is one of the best players out there this year, especially for single A.
Teddy Dangles

Best Player

Post by Teddy Dangles »

I have seen Dano play numerous times over the past few years and I would agree, he is a very nice player. He skates very well, sees the ice, and has a tremendous shot. I think where he is lacking is in the size department. Unless it has changed, he always struck me as a player who didnt like to get his nose dirty or grind it out. I think he needs to get a little stronger and a little tougher to play at the next level. If he was there already, he would be an outstanding player but he isnt. Time will tell if he is willing to work on his game after high school.

With that being said, Is he in Youso's league? no. He may be close, but he is not there yet. Youso didn't get a scholarship to play for the Gophers for no reason. The kid can flat out play. He is a great all-around player who has a bright future.
puckman22

Re: Best Player

Post by puckman22 »

Teddy Dangles wrote:I have seen Dano play numerous times over the past few years and I would agree, he is a very nice player. He skates very well, sees the ice, and has a tremendous shot. I think where he is lacking is in the size department. Unless it has changed, he always struck me as a player who didnt like to get his nose dirty or grind it out. I think he needs to get a little stronger and a little tougher to play at the next level. If he was there already, he would be an outstanding player but he isnt. Time will tell if he is willing to work on his game after high school.

With that being said, Is he in Youso's league? no. He may be close, but he is not there yet. Youso didn't get a scholarship to play for the Gophers for no reason. The kid can flat out play. He is a great all-around player who has a bright future.

Dano is Easily the best plaer in the state, closely followed by Landon Olson and Youso
petersonfan07

Post by petersonfan07 »

i heard that giesler from orono is pretty dang good
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

puckman22 wrote:
Teddy Dangles wrote:I have seen Dano play numerous times over the past few years and I would agree, he is a very nice player. He skates very well, sees the ice, and has a tremendous shot. I think where he is lacking is in the size department. Unless it has changed, he always struck me as a player who didnt like to get his nose dirty or grind it out. I think he needs to get a little stronger and a little tougher to play at the next level. If he was there already, he would be an outstanding player but he isnt. Time will tell if he is willing to work on his game after high school.

YOUSO is Easily the best "A" player in the state, followed by Landon Olson.

:lol:
puckman22

Post by puckman22 »

BIAFP wrote:
puckman22 wrote:

YOUSO is Easily the best "A" player in the state, followed by Landon Olson.

:lol:

Jaques, hands down. nobody can beat him. period.
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Dano Jaques
LetsPlayHockey22 = Dano Jaques