Best Class A senior in The State?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minyhocky

Post by minyhocky » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:48 pm

I think Dano knows how to spell his last name right, so seeing as letsplayhockey can't spell it right i don't think that's dano. Its Jacques not Jaques, get it right people

the walk-on

Post by the walk-on » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:58 pm

I've only seen Jaques on Television and he looks like a solid player. But, Youso, who hasn't had the chance for the Television exposure, is hands down the better of the two. I would also rank him as #1 in the state for single A. A great head on his shoulders and unmatched passion for the game... Gophers are gonna love this kid.

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Puckman22 is Dano :roll: :roll: :roll:

hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:26 am

first off how do you compare two guys who don't even play the same position? Dano's a better defensemen and youso is a better forward. when you compare these two you are comparing two different parts of the game. I wanna know the plus minus of these two and compare them that way at least then its realistic
believe in the hockey gods...

Teddy Dangles

Post by Teddy Dangles » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 am

Plus/Minus for these two would not be the greatest indicator as Jacques plays on one of the best class A teams in state and has many better players around him, whereas Youso is on an average team at best. I think we need to have them go one-on-one and duke it out that way, otherwise its very tough to compare the two.

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:18 am

Teddy Dangles wrote:Plus/Minus for these two would not be the greatest indicator as Jacques plays on one of the best class A teams in state and has many better players around him, whereas Youso is on an average team at best. I think we need to have them go one-on-one and duke it out that way, otherwise its very tough to compare the two.

Dano couldn't carry Youso's jockstrap. One on One, Youso would be humming the old Roy Orbison tune....."Blue Bayou" as he left Dano in his dust. Youso is signed with the Gophers and Dano with? :roll:

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:34 am

Don't sell Dano short, BIAFP. He is a great talent and will be a good pick-up for any D1 squad. Just because Youso from your beloved I. Falls squad is signed with Gophers doesn't mean ship - didn't they also sign your other Falls boy, Fisher? How's that one workin' out for you?

AY 8)

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 am

AngusYoung wrote:Don't sell Dano short, BIAFP. He is a great talent and will be a good pick-up for any D1 squad. Just because Youso from your beloved I. Falls squad is signed with Gophers doesn't mean ship - didn't they also sign your other Falls boy, Fisher? How's that one workin' out for you?

AY 8)

Wrong channel Mr. Young as I don't live anywhere near the Falls. Just been around the game long enough to know the difference between Real talent and the new age hockey school robots.

hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:21 pm

BIAFP wrote: Dano couldn't carry Youso's jockstrap. One on One, Youso would be humming the old Roy Orbison tune....."Blue Bayou" as he left Dano in his dust. Youso is signed with the Gophers and Dano with? :roll:
You have got to be joking. Dano is good enough to stop Youso 1-1 9 times out of 10(i'm giving some credit to jake). you don't have significant playing time on a team that has gone to state and done well unless you've got the ability to stop the other team. coaches don't use sophomore D as goal scorers they use em' as goal stoppers.
believe in the hockey gods...

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:56 pm

hawkeyfan wrote:
BIAFP wrote: Dano couldn't carry Youso's jockstrap. One on One, Youso would be humming the old Roy Orbison tune....."Blue Bayou" as he left Dano in his dust. Youso is signed with the Gophers and Dano with? :roll:
You have got to be joking. Dano is good enough to stop Youso 1-1 9 times out of 10(i'm giving some credit to jake). you don't have significant playing time on a team that has gone to state and done well unless you've got the ability to stop the other team. coaches don't use sophomore D as goal scorers they use em' as goal stoppers.
Dano is one of the better D in the State..he and Lanny Olson make an excellent tandem...maybe the best in the Northland...the mystery is why Dano never participated in the Advance 16' or 17's...that is how many of the players who still are in HS and already have D1 committments got there.

As far as Jake goes...he's pretty tough to stop one on one... by anyone.

He Hate Me

Post by He Hate Me » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Youso :D

puckman22

Post by puckman22 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:22 pm

BIAFP wrote:
Teddy Dangles wrote:Plus/Minus for these two would not be the greatest indicator as Jacques plays on one of the best class A teams in state and has many better players around him, whereas Youso is on an average team at best. I think we need to have them go one-on-one and duke it out that way, otherwise its very tough to compare the two.

Dano couldn't carry Youso's jockstrap. One on One, Youso would be humming the old Roy Orbison tune....."Blue Bayou" as he left Dano in his dust. Youso is signed with the Gophers and Dano with? :roll:

Did Dano go to the State tournament the past 3 years. Just wondering smart ass.