Park Rapids Easiest schedule ever?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Warrior18

Park Rapids Easiest schedule ever?

Post by Warrior18 »

This is one of the easiest schedules i have ever seen. ur thoughts?

http://mshsl.org/MSHSL/schoolactpage.as ... school=347
nutsbouthockey10

Post by nutsbouthockey10 »

East Grand Forks, Detroit Lakes and Theif River Falls are not push over teams. But yes the rest of their schedule looks fairly easy.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

Wow :shock: Looks like the Wadena's season they crowed about a few years back. #-o There is only one word that can be used to describe that...all together now....CREAMPUFF. :lol: PR apologists stop now =; your AD and Coach put this together. :roll: I can't see how this will prepare a team for tourney play. Sure they will learn how to win a lot of games and learn how to finish around the net and shouldn't give up much in the d-zone but when your playing a half-speed schedule like that well...you play how you practice and the regular season is practice for tournaments. :-k If PR's star can't score 100 goals and have 150 points himself well.... :-s Lehrke should come through healthy at least or maybe he gets hacked up playing hacks. I don't want to hear how nobody that's good will play them :-({|= ...it takes a smooth talking AD who doesn't just fill it as fast as he/she can, it takes time cajoling and calling in favors by the coach if he's connected. Somebody did a slap together job on that one. :oops:
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Wow :shock: Looks like the Wadena's season they crowed about a few years back. #-o There is only one word that can be used to describe that...all together now....CREAMPUFF. :lol: PR apologists stop now =; your AD and Coach put this together. :roll: I can't see how this will prepare a team for tourney play. Sure they will learn how to win a lot of games and learn how to finish around the net and shouldn't give up much in the d-zone but when your playing a half-speed schedule like that well...you play how you practice and the regular season is practice for tournaments. :-k If PR's star can't score 100 goals and have 150 points himself well.... :-s Lehrke should come through healthy at least or maybe he gets hacked up playing hacks. I don't want to hear how nobody that's good will play them :-({|= ...it takes a smooth talking AD who doesn't just fill it as fast as he/she can, it takes time cajoling and calling in favors by the coach if he's connected. Somebody did a slap together job on that one. :oops:
And that's how you fit every single smiley face imaginable into one paragraph. Astounding! :o
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Park Rapids Easiest schedule ever?

Post by east hockey »

Warrior18 wrote:This is one of the easiest schedules i have ever seen. ur thoughts?

http://mshsl.org/MSHSL/schoolactpage.as ... school=347
Thoughts? No. Statistics? Sure!

Their schedule this season (based on last season's final PS2 rank) is 133rd of 153 teams. It's one of the easier schedules this year. But the phrase "ever seen" is somewhat misleading and misinformed.

In response to the title of this topic, it's not even close.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Undercover Hockey Lover

I never said it was the easiest I used Creampuff...you do have to admit it is an easy schedule for a team whose fans are touting them and are looking for respect.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:I never said it was the easiest I used Creampuff...you do have to admit it is an easy schedule for a team whose fans are touting them and are looking for respect.
I was referring to the person who started the thread.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Wow :shock: Looks like the Wadena's season they crowed about a few years back. #-o There is only one word that can be used to describe that...all together now....CREAMPUFF. :lol: PR apologists stop now =; your AD and Coach put this together. :roll: I can't see how this will prepare a team for tourney play. Sure they will learn how to win a lot of games and learn how to finish around the net and shouldn't give up much in the d-zone but when your playing a half-speed schedule like that well...you play how you practice and the regular season is practice for tournaments. :-k If PR's star can't score 100 goals and have 150 points himself well.... :-s Lehrke should come through healthy at least or maybe he gets hacked up playing hacks. I don't want to hear how nobody that's good will play them :-({|= ...it takes a smooth talking AD who doesn't just fill it as fast as he/she can, it takes time cajoling and calling in favors by the coach if he's connected. Somebody did a slap together job on that one. :oops:
Yes, it is an easy schedule... hacks on the other hand was used incorrectly or may be misleading. Yes, Lehrke should end up with a ton of points and it should make McMorrow look pretty good as well.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Hacks...crappy teams with players that can't skate so they hack their opponents as they skate by. Clear enough?
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Hacks...crappy teams with players that can't skate so they hack their opponents as they skate by. Clear enough?
Ok, we were on the same wave length there... Not sure what you mean exactly, some of those games are not hard but "hacks" should be used loosely. I do know that it is an easy schedule and it will make it easier for the studs to seem like studs... that is for sure.
THE_REAL_DEAL_3

Post by THE_REAL_DEAL_3 »

the only real test i see on there whole schedule is the greenwave...but i am not sure of the teams in the eveleth tourny...by looking at there schedule i am guess it will be quite the "creampuff" tourny
Its God Given When Your The Real Deal.
Grizzly12

Post by Grizzly12 »

who is in the eveleth tourny?
lampthelight

Post by lampthelight »

They could still lose 3-4 games with this schedule. Depending on who is in the Eveleth tourney. Nothing like the WDC schedule from a few years back.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too
Undercover Hockey Lover

Wasn't the WDC schedule that year just as light and fluffy or was it a bit nuttier. :lol:
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
hockeyeast223

Post by hockeyeast223 »

I would not be surprised if Lehrke sets a HS scoring record this year. Yes, a bold statement, but the way he's been playing and with the caliber (or lack thereof) of their schedule, he could put up Festler-like numbers
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

hockeyeast223 wrote: Yes, a bold statement

You can say that again.
The U invented swagger.
Stateofhockey07

Post by Stateofhockey07 »

Grizzly12 wrote:who is in the eveleth tourny?
So far I've been able to dig up:

Irondale vs Monticello
Kittson Central vs Eveleth
North Metro vs Park Rapids

Probably two other teams in here but I can't quite find 'em...

Don't know much about these teams, but from what I hear North Metro, Monticello, or Irondale could almost be as tough as it gets for Park Rapids this year... (except for TRF EGF, and Detroit Lakes, of course) which isn't saying much.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

That could very well be the worst schedule i've ever seen
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

The schedule is about the same as every year...and it MAY hurt park rapids towards the end of the schedule/season...i guess we will see what happens in the end if it really "hurts them"...the good players will be good players either way and it will show no matter what team they play
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

Even if Park Rapids went undefeated i still wounldn't give them the 1 seed in the section.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Warrior18 wrote:Even if Park Rapids went undefeated i still wounldn't give them the 1 seed in the section.
I am gonna go out on the limb and say that even if Warroad went 10-15 (not likely/probable to happen) that you would still give them a #1 seed... Lets be honest, any team that isnt named Warroad you dont give props to.

Once again, PR will be a top 5 team in the section and wont have to play the play in game. They may have an easier schedule but they are building a program and hopefully they can begin to get higher ranked opponents.
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

just remember that lehrke tore up the elite league, so just because he will prolly have a ton of points doesnt mean it is because of the weak shedule he plays, maybe the kid is flat out good

whats the next thing people are going to say, he had a rather weak elite league schedule

Park Rapids has the same schedule as they have had in the past, so why is there a thread this yr, because some of the teams that are normally dominant are a bit down this yr, pretty sure PR cant control that
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

Couldn't have been said better.....
warriors07 wrote:just remember that lehrke tore up the elite league, so just because he will prolly have a ton of points doesnt mean it is because of the weak shedule he plays, maybe the kid is flat out good

whats the next thing people are going to say, he had a rather weak elite league schedule

Park Rapids has the same schedule as they have had in the past, so why is there a thread this yr, because some of the teams that are normally dominant are a bit down this yr, pretty sure PR cant control that
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

ya i agree lehrke is great player. but come on there coach could of schedule some harder teams. that eveleth tournament is a joke. and this schedule is alot easier than years passed.
the mullet

Post by the mullet »

Warrior18 wrote:ya i agree lehrke is great player. but come on there coach could of schedule some harder teams. that eveleth tournament is a joke. and this schedule is alot easier than years passed.
You are obviously not listening, he said this is basically the same schedule as before, infact i believe they dropped one game with bagley and one with Sauk Center, picked up Morris/Benson and another??? Looks like they played in the Procotr Tournament in previous years, and those teams couln't have been much/ if any better that the ones in Eveleth.
DL, Wadena, Low, and possibly Crook will all be down compared to the past few years, that Morris team was decent last year, probably will aslo be down this year, and from what i saw last year and all the talk on here this should be Park's best team is years, so it's the same schedule as they have had if not stronger than in years past. Teams on it are down (comparitivly) and PR is better (comparitivly)

So what is everyone's Gripe??? They can't help it if teams that were on the same level or better than them in the past are down this year. This thread is about as DUMB as it gets.