Park Rapids Easiest schedule ever?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 am

I spoke with their coach. Many teams will not play them because they were never good until recently. They repeatedly have tried to get games with Warroad, Bemidji as well as others. Their AD says they must abide by the conference rules their school is in and play some of the teams that are weaker in hockey. The coach also feels everyone should play everyone in their section at least once.

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:42 pm

State Champ 97 wrote:I spoke with their coach. Many teams will not play them because they were never good until recently. They repeatedly have tried to get games with Warroad, Bemidji as well as others. Their AD says they must abide by the conference rules their school is in and play some of the teams that are weaker in hockey. The coach also feels everyone should play everyone in their section at least once.
I agree with that. I wish that it was a mandatory rule but then you would have to add more games to the schedule to fit in the rivalries they have against other teams outside the section.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm

Wouldn't playing EVERY team in your section ruin some hockey programs? I mean the likes of EGF playing Bagley or Walker year in and year out winning by 10 goals or more kind of demoralizing who wants to play when you get your butt kicked by a dozen in more than half your games. Do you play the JV against them or do you let the horses pile on the points like PR is going to do? :P
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Wouldn't playing EVERY team in your section ruin some hockey programs? I mean the likes of EGF playing Bagley or Walker year in and year out winning by 10 goals or more kind of demoralizing who wants to play when you get your butt kicked by a dozen in more than half your games. Do you play the JV against them or do you let the horses pile on the points like PR is going to do? :P
The need the games for section rankings anyway, play who you want to but the section games during the regular season will help the seedings out. I can understand Warroad not wanting to play those teams but what happens when there is a close record race between 2 teams and they havent played during regular season? To be honest, I dont think there are too many teams that would lose by more than 5 or 6 and the few teams that would slice it up probably would get to rest their studs...

warriors07

Post by warriors07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:47 am

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Wouldn't playing EVERY team in your section ruin some hockey programs? I mean the likes of EGF playing Bagley or Walker year in and year out winning by 10 goals or more kind of demoralizing who wants to play when you get your butt kicked by a dozen in more than half your games. Do you play the JV against them or do you let the horses pile on the points like PR is going to do? :P[/quote

just like PR's horses did in the elite league

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:46 am

Don't you mean horse? :?

Watching you PR fans shamelessly plug your players (sons & buddies) is good for a daily chuckle. :lol:

Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:33 pm

[quote="Undercover Hockey Lover"]Don't you mean horse? :?

Watching you PR fans shamelessly plug your players (sons & buddies) is good for a daily chuckle. :lol:[/quote]

"Horses" the plural form of the word horse-meaning two or more horses. Think what you want but McMorrow is top two D-men in the Section, that is right, better than Sullivan, McDonald, Right there with Pieper, and to me that would make the word horses correct. Not two that played in the Elite League, but two indeed.

SB24

Post by SB24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:43 pm

hahn is much better then mcmorrow and i donno how u can say hes right there with pieper? he looks good at times but when the pressure is on his brain seems to shut it down.
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 pm

[quote="SB24"]hahn is much better then mcmorrow and i donno how u can say hes right there with pieper? he looks good at times but when the pressure is on his brain seems to shut it down.[/quote]

Hahn, is a Forward playing Defense this year because he and Bryce can't get along or pass the puck to oneanother, and Neither one of them(Pieper/Hahn) made it to the select 15 National Camp when they were that age, that is how i can say that.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Mcorrow is a good hockey player.
Just brief observations:
Strong skater, but could use a power skating coach come spring.
Hands seem 'soft' (good thing) but needs to be more fluid, less rigid.
Needs to learn to create space and patience (watch Niskanen).
Needs to play his (teams) game and not let the game play him.

warriors07

Post by warriors07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:27 pm

elliott70 wrote:Mcorrow is a good hockey player.
Just brief observations:
And you are a scout for which team?

Use a power Skate come spring

o yeah makes a ton of sense coach elliot

i think he'll keep making the national teams come spring instead

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 pm

hahaha :D
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:01 pm

warriors07 wrote:
Just brief observations:
HS elite league, various college teams

Yes, several pros/college players use power skating coaches in the off-season. Some are very close to where this player lives.
More sense than your bragging about PR team/player(s).

And yes, coach, of several different sports over a period of time longer than you have been alive.
Perhaps he will, I hope so, he is a good player. But making those teams depend a lot on improving your skills. I would hope he will not take anything for granted.

Now I answered your questions; do me a favor, get the chip off your shoulder. Not everyone in the world is against you, PR, northern MN, or wherever else you would like to draw a line in the sand.

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Ill stay out of this one cause it's going to get good....ill jump in at just the right moment..

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 pm

SiouxRecruit wrote:Ill stay out of this one cause it's going to get good....ill jump in at just the right moment..

SB24

Post by SB24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:04 pm

Ill stay out of this one cause it's going to get good....ill jump in at just the right moment..
actually looks like its just been finished

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:35 pm

See for me, I cant go on believing ANYTHING and everything someone tells me...for all I know Elliot could be 16 yrs old with a big vocabulary.....Elliot, what game did you happen to watch McMorrow play in?

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Can't Never Tried wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:Ill stay out of this one cause it's going to get good....ill jump in at just the right moment..

:roll: Right!! 8)

SB24

Post by SB24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm

SiouxRecruit wrote:See for me, I cant go on believing ANYTHING and everything someone tells me...for all I know Elliot could be 16 yrs old with a big vocabulary.....Elliot, what game did you happen to watch McMorrow play in?
I thought you'd been on this "bored" for a while... is it that you just don't pay attention?

BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Obviously, look at the team.... Park Rapids :lol:

warriors07

Post by warriors07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:45 pm

elliott70 wrote:
warriors07 wrote:
Just brief observations:
HS elite league, various college teams

Yes, several pros/college players use power skating coaches in the off-season. Some are very close to where this player lives.
More sense than your bragging about PR team/player(s).

And yes, coach, of several different sports over a period of time longer than you have been alive.
Perhaps he will, I hope so, he is a good player. But making those teams depend a lot on improving your skills. I would hope he will not take anything for granted.

Now I answered your questions; do me a favor, get the chip off your shoulder. Not everyone in the world is against you, PR, northern MN, or wherever else you would like to draw a line in the sand.
Elliott07, you are honestly going to come on here and tell people that you are a scout for college hockey, come on, just because you live in bemidji, and prolly attend a few beaver games does not mean you are a college scout

what a joke

SB24

Post by SB24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:54 pm

You're right, this is a joke...PR people can't stop raving about their awesome team, but the best they say is that they are a "top 5 team." Thats top five in the section right? not the state? haha, if warroad was ever not the favorite you wouldn't find people on here touting them all over the place but when PR is going to be a top five team, well then there better not be any disrespect...whatever, get over it.

oh, and as far as Elliot goes, he's probably one of the most respectable people on this board...lay off.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Mr. Elliott surely doesn't need my help defending himself from the likes of you. I do have a request though change your monnicker (that's your handle) to panthers07 or PR #1 fan or I Luv Lehrke...the name warrior07 is misleading and you are no Warrior, you give people the wrong impression. It doesn't take long to see through your facade so if you are sooooo proud of Park Rapids and their hockey why would you take the name of the school that ended their season last year?

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm

SB24 wrote:You're right, this is a joke...PR people can't stop raving about their awesome team, but the best they say is that they are a "top 5 team." Thats top five in the section right? not the state? haha, if warroad was ever not the favorite you wouldn't find people on here touting them all over the place but when PR is going to be a top five team, well then there better not be any disrespect...whatever, get over it.

oh, and as far as Elliot goes, he's probably one of the most respectable people on this board...lay off.
I 2nd that.
If Elliot says those things, I believe him.

I see that Elliot is not responding anymore to this hogwash.

No need to anymore.

SB24

Post by SB24 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:02 pm

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:Mr. Elliott surely doesn't need my help defending himself from the likes of you. I do have a request though change your monnicker (that's your handle) to panthers07 or PR #1 fan or I Luv Lehrke...the name warrior07 is misleading and you are no Warrior, you give people the wrong impression. It doesn't take long to see through your facade so if you are sooooo proud of Park Rapids and their hockey why would you take the name of the school that ended their season last year?
Maybe he's a PR player that thought he'd be good enough to play for the Warriors in 07-08... :lol: :roll: