Breck Vs Duluth Marshall

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Breck
19%
Duluth Marshall
81%

Total votes: 27

flatontheice

Breck Vs Duluth Marshall

Post by flatontheice »

Early season match up between two highly ranked teams on Saturday night. Who comes out on top. My pick is Duluth Marshall 6 Breck 2. Breck is young and starts the season that way but ends the year strong.
minyhocky

Post by minyhocky »

Marshall 4-1
Goldy23

Re: Breck Vs Duluth Marshall

Post by Goldy23 »

flatontheice wrote:Early season match up between two highly ranked teams on Saturday night. Who comes out on top. My pick is Duluth Marshall 6 Breck 2. Breck is young and starts the season that way but ends the year strong.
Agreed. If the game was at the end of the season I would go with the Mustangs. DM 4 Breck 2
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Goldy23 wrote:
flatontheice wrote:Early season match up between two highly ranked teams on Saturday night. Who comes out on top. My pick is Duluth Marshall 6 Breck 2. Breck is young and starts the season that way but ends the year strong.
Agreed. If the game was at the end of the season I would go with the Mustangs. DM 4 Breck 2
Goldy:

How is your tender situation over there? Everyone trying to get a read on that. Forward situation is well known. D and goal tenders the question mark right now? Or are you solid there too?
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

I dont think there is any way marshall scores 6 goals.
They win easy however, 4-1
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

DM too much to handle for Breck 6-1
boblee

post 8603

Post by boblee »

Great early season battle...

Prediction:

Marshall 5
Breck 3
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

A Breck win would surprise me as well.
DM 4
Breck 2
Hockey Shananigans

Post by Hockey Shananigans »

DM - 5

Breck - 2
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Goldy:

How is your tender situation over there? Everyone trying to get a read on that. Forward situation is well known. D and goal tenders the question mark right now? Or are you solid there too?[/quote]

Flat,

Kind of up in the air as you would expect with so many sophmores. The forwards should be fine with three lines with a lot of speed and basically equal talent. D has been a pleasant surprise, with 3 solid blue liners. In goal there is yet another sophmore. He's good but untested at this level. He did quite well in the Moorhead scrimmages I'm told. It looks as if there are 11 sophmores and 4 Freshmen on Varsity so they will still be a very young team. They will probably take there lumps early but should progess thoughout the season, just in time to take it to the Blake TeddyBears! :D
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Goldy23 wrote:Goldy:

How is your tender situation over there? Everyone trying to get a read on that. Forward situation is well known. D and goal tenders the question mark right now? Or are you solid there too?
Flat,

Kind of up in the air as you would expect with so many sophmores. The forwards should be fine with three lines with a lot of speed and basically equal talent. D has been a pleasant surprise, with 3 solid blue liners. In goal there is yet another sophmore. He's good but untested at this level. He did quite well in the Moorhead scrimmages I'm told. It looks as if there are 11 sophmores and 4 Freshmen on Varsity so they will still be a very young team. They will probably take there lumps early but should progess thoughout the season, just in time to take it to the Blake TeddyBears! :D[/quote]

Goldy:

Thanks for the update. Good luck this year. Should be a great game again vs Blake.
Walter Sojack

Post by Walter Sojack »

Tough loss for Breck - though I can't say I'm suprised... Reported:
DM 6
Breck 3
I'm finishing my coffee
MDSNIPER

Post by MDSNIPER »

Walter Sojack wrote:Tough loss for Breck - though I can't say I'm suprised... Reported:
DM 6
Breck 3

Breck played hard the beginning of the 2nd period, that was the only rush they really had. THey scored 2 goals basically back to back and had some great momentum but got shut down. At one point it was 5 (breck) on 3 (DMH) and it just kinda seemed to fly by. Breck has a lot of maturing to do as a team and need to really draw on each others strengths and weaknesses.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

MDSNIPER wrote:
Walter Sojack wrote:Tough loss for Breck - though I can't say I'm suprised... Reported:
DM 6
Breck 3

Breck played hard the beginning of the 2nd period, that was the only rush they really had. THey scored 2 goals basically back to back and had some great momentum but got shut down. At one point it was 5 (breck) on 3 (DMH) and it just kinda seemed to fly by. Breck has a lot of maturing to do as a team and need to really draw on each others strengths and weaknesses.
Who scored the goals. What were the penalties like?
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

Mausolf 3
Hafferty 2
Paine 1

SOG 30 - 21 in favor of DM
Penalties seemed fairly even. Breck had a lengthy 5-3.
Breck seems to have a decent team. They should not be taken lightly.
ColdasIce

Post by ColdasIce »

glad to see hafferty score. nice kid, has played hard and deseves his chance to excel...a true hilltopper
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

Nevermind about marshall not scoring 6.
Breck has a solid squad. They are young and will definately improve. They had some very fast players, and a really good first line.
DM picked it up after a sloppy first 20 min and their first line started dominate the rest of the game. Dano Jaques had 3 assists i believe.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

flatontheice wrote:
MDSNIPER wrote:
DM 6
Breck 3

Who scored the goals. What were the penalties like?
For Breck it was Born, Fulton and Borer. The game really changed when Breck lost its defensive leader (Herd) to a questionable, 10 minute checking from behind half way through the 2nd.
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

:o
mj79

Post by mj79 »

So how did marshall look this year , and how is there first line compared to last years.. Wish i coulda made the game :( .. I have a pretty good feeling marshall is nowhere near tthe talent as last year, that 1st line was so much fun to watch
rinkratman

first line

Post by rinkratman »

last years line was dodd,gutsch, and connoly at the start of the year. then half way through dodd and mausolf switched to finish the year. they all had a strong year and your right it was fun to watch. now this year is mausolf, hafferty, and laskowski. its obviosly weaker but so far by there stats it seems that they'll hold there own and do just fine against any team that they face.
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

mj79 wrote:So how did marshall look this year , and how is there first line compared to last years.. Wish i coulda made the game :( .. I have a pretty good feeling marshall is nowhere near tthe talent as last year, that 1st line was so much fun to watch
Probably too early to tell. First line has produced fine, so far. Second line has 5 goals in 2 games. We'll see if they can maintain the pace. Third line needs to show they can do something on the scoring side. Defense is better than last year (my opinion only). Goalie needs to prove himself throughout the year. It looks positive.