Roseau Hockey Story

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Dexter Morgan

Post by Dexter Morgan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:20 pm

roseau this..roseau that...roseau hit me with a whiffle ball bat...
sick and tired about hearing how "good" they are ....state champs..big deal. i think this year there a little to confidante

Roseau's hockey program is far better than anyone else in Minnesota. That is why they are so good. Best coaches in the state. Best players. Best everything.

2nd string

Roseau Hockey

Post by 2nd string » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:45 pm

what people do not realize is the tradition that is here in Roseau, it is passed down from player to player throughout the years, the kids tonight, are learning that very important leason right now as I write this, I believe it is not just the hockey it is a way of life that can turn a kids life around. As Oliver said besides deer hunting this is the biggest day of the year in Roseau, the day that hockey starts in Roseau, you have to live a lifetime of it to understand it. People that have brought up there kids in this community through the hockey ranks can understand it.

Dexter Morgan

Post by Dexter Morgan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:08 pm

You forgot about sportsmanship...Roseau has a lot of pride about this also. I couldn't think of a better coach than Oliver he really knows what hockey is about. Even though the rams have a soft schedule they will go undefeated. That's how good they are. They deserve all a media they get. What a great program.

wishock

Post by wishock » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 pm

I too traveled to Roseau this weekend. Had a great time. For anyone who loves hockey, it is paradise. For a small town, I saw five hockey games and there wasn't even a tournament going on. The third rink (Ram Center) is located by the school and very nice for fans. I suppose built there because it is part of the school's facilities. Dress code? High school boys' team wore shirt and tie and black dress pants, with green jackets and stocking caps with their number. Overconfident? Seemed like friendly down to earth happy kids to me. Far better program than anywhere else? Couldn't say, but obviously one of the best. Maybe more commitment and sacrifice from the small numbers they have to work with. Tradition? Definitely. State champs no big deal? I kinda think it is.