Burnsville vs Lakeville North

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who is gonna win?

Burnsville
82%
Lakeville North
18%

Total votes: 33

etune21

Burnsville vs Lakeville North

Post by etune21 »

this saturday, december 1st, Burnsville at Lakeville North high School. i know i have heard all about how great burnsville is, do you give Lakeville a chance?

- i watched burnsville play jefferson tonight, barns and hendo put on a great show, and defenseman Tony Anderson did a very nice job, but i was not all that impressed with burnsville's 2nd and 3rd lines
saintpaulhockey

Post by saintpaulhockey »

If burnsville can't win this game by 4+ goals, they are overrated. Lakeville North is pretty weak this year.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Lakeville North is not going to be that weak. Yes, they will have a difficult time scoring sometimes but they have a returning goalie and 3 (sort of 4) returning defensemen. They are a team that will probably play alot of teams close and will probably pull off an upset or two. So I wouldnt say that Burnsvilles overrated if they don't win my 4+. Plus from what Ive heard Bvilles 2nd and 3rd lines didn't do alot vs Jefferson and that there D was very shaky in itself.

LN-2
Bville-2
unfotunatly nobody likes ties
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

eagle4life9 wrote:Lakeville North is not going to be that weak. Yes, they will have a difficult time scoring sometimes but they have a returning goalie and 3 (sort of 4) returning defensemen. They are a team that will probably play alot of teams close and will probably pull off an upset or two. So I wouldnt say that Burnsvilles overrated if they don't win my 4+. Plus from what Ive heard Bvilles 2nd and 3rd lines didn't do alot vs Jefferson and that there D was very shaky in itself.

LN-2
Bville-2
unfotunatly nobody likes ties
Goin with the same score as the EV-LS game? I am going 4-2 Bville with empty netter. I dont think LN will let it get too far away.
pioneerhockey12

f

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

why are you talking about this already? i cant imagine the outcome of this game will surprise many people and its still a game away
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

pioneers, instead of saying this thread is worthless why dont you either make a prediction or not make a post at all
BlazeMGR

Post by BlazeMGR »

Bville-4
LN-0
If Sterly is in net for Bville, he will shut down his old team
ozzdan21

Post by ozzdan21 »

that would be sick if sturly won, i think bville can walk away with this game in the 2nd period. The D will be improved and i predict that comstock will get a goal to seal the deal.

prediction
BVILLE:5
LKVILLE:1
mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 »

Lakeville North will pull the upset however i dont feel this will be an upset lakeville led by senior nick johnson will make noise all year and could make the state tourney. which is more than i can say about burnsville who has to get by holy angels and edina so they will get use to losing starting with this game
mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 »

hey eagles, it doesnt matter whos left or whos coming back. cuz everyone knows lakeville north doesnt rebuild they reload
hockeyfan002

Post by hockeyfan002 »

i dont think north has a chance at all. Bville wins 5-1
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

if i had to say, i bet mrhockey08 goes to lakeville north?
etune21

Post by etune21 »

if sturly is in the net for burnsville, then north has a great chance of keepin this game close and maybe even pullin it out. if that guy who transfered from wisconsin plays, then i think this game will be alot easier for burnsville.

Consider this:
lakeville north had a freshmen goalie last year start over sturly when it came down to section time.

-the bottom line is
sturly is nothin special inbetween the pipes
etune21

Post by etune21 »

i dont necessarily think LN is gonna win this game, but just keep your eyes open for them this year, cuz they could suprise some teams
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

i heard today that burnsville is going to start benedict in goal saturday vs lakevilleN., senior this year who backed up randy johnson last year
Johnny_Murphy

Post by Johnny_Murphy »

Da Blaze- 9
Da Panthers-0

yeah, Johnny is back...
bonewellsux

Post by bonewellsux »

Only way lakeville has a chance at winning is if the girls team shows up to play.
ozzdan21

Post by ozzdan21 »

Bransons gonna be knockin some lakeville ass around and Barnes is gonna be barnes. Lakeville fans will leave unhappy
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Its going to be a boring game 1/2 the game when Barnes/Hendrickson?Perisic are on the bench. The rest of the Burnsville team is pretty average and everyone keeps talking about how good there going to be because of there state tourny run last year. They made that run with 2 players stepping up HUGE and playing in the Lake Conference there are going to be plenty of team that can shut down one line, even Randy Moss got shut down by the Eagles. Im not saying LN is going to win but with one line to worry about and LN returning 4 letterwinning D, there going to keep alot of games close.
goldenhockey20

Post by goldenhockey20 »

Blaze 5
North 1

But to add what eagle4life said....i totally agree i think we may need to see some more players step up for the blaze if they plan on returning to state next year. They do have two superstars in hendrickson and barnes but i believe Edina has about 2 lines worth lol....anyway i think that's pretty much gonna be a key on everyone's game plan this year when they play b'ville, shut down that first line
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

LN beat Kennedy today 6-1 (with 4 min left). It is tough to tell what/if Norths got anything because Kennedy was just pretty bad. LN didnt look bad though, they scored 13 seconds into the game and made some nice plays. Dylan Thomas started at goalie but I would expect to see Arentz on Sat. One thing Lakeville did poorly is alot of there D were trying to jump into the play alot. Maybe it was just because they all wanted to press "The Button"

I talked to Taylor Sturlagson today and from what he says its going to be him playing in net for Burnsville against his old team. I know LN would love to beat him after he left because he didnt want to have to fight for playing time.

LN-4
Bville-3
HOCKco.Gary

Post by HOCKco.Gary »

North can hang around for 2 1/2 periods, then hendrickson and barnes will take over, If Sturluckson is starting then north will score a plenty.

North-4
BVL-6
postnin

Post by postnin »

Sturly didn't want to fight for playing time...what a laugh.. he went to a place where the depth of talent in net was way deeper than lakeville... Shlink, Benedict and Herkel are as good as Matt Arntz
why would he leave...come on it's practically a tradition for goalies to leave Lakeville for Burnsville it's happened at least three times in the past twenty years( and thats only goalies...there have been others to Burns...and way more to other programs)

I can also tell you that 2 of these goalies have kids in the LV association and that if you ask either of them...they would tell you that they wouldn't want their kids to play for Lakeville under the current leadership

Burnsville is a hockey town with a well run youth program and after some down years, they have a HighSchool team thats bringing their tradition back!!

Lakeville is a ???town with a tradition of back dooring their way to state tourneys

Bottom line is some kids want to have a real high school hockey experiance (even if they have to compete for playing time)

Others are just happy to be on the Vars squad.

Don't get me wrong North has some quality returners and some great young Bant A guys....but I'll bet if you asked any of them privatly, they would agree about the lack of coaching and general hockey support in Lakeville it's sad for the Lakeville players...they deserve much better

LHA will continue to be a great feeder program for other strong high school programs...it's a tradition!
pioneerhockey12

d

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

i agree lakeville is a good farm system for private schools.... its a shame too
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

From what Ive heard Randy Schmidtz is just kind of riding out his final years until retirement. But I think you have to kid Kurt Weber a hand because he has done a pretty good job with a brand new program at LS. Its too bad some of there best 9th graders just left for St. Thomas though.