Hermantown vs. Denfeld

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Denfeld
56%
Hermantown
44%

Total votes: 36

hawkeyfan

Hermantown vs. Denfeld

Post by hawkeyfan »

11-29 at the DECC who will it be. I'm going....

Hawks 4
Johnson 3
believe in the hockey gods...
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

hermantown will blow them out.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Denfeld 5(en)
Hermantown 3
barnorthhockeyguy

Denfeld Wins

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

Hawks will blow them out?? I dont think so !! Will be a good close game with a 3 to 2 Denfeld win ! Look for these 2 teams in a Sec 5 title game.
Italian Stallion

Post by Italian Stallion »

Gotta think Denfeld's top line will win it for them
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Denfeld- 3
Hermantown- 2

o.t.
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

Yea i dont think H-town will blow them out.
Hunters win it 5-4. [/quote]
Shoot-Out

Post by Shoot-Out »

Denfeld 5(en)
Hermantown 3
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Goaltending will be key for both teams...
Hawks - 3
Hunters - 2
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

This should be a great game! Denfeld may have somewhat of an advantage playing on the softer DECC ice. Either way I'd imagine this one should be a close one, wish i could be there!
fkahckyprofessor20

Any last minute thoughts on this one? Should definitely be a barn burner and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the last minute of play. If anyone could keep us updated throughout the game that'd be great!
puckman22

Post by puckman22 »

Denfeld mos def
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

On this one I'm going to go with....

Defending State Champion
Hermantown Hawks - 4
Duluth Denfeld Hunters - 3
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Okay. I admit it. When Jake Johnson scored to give Denfeld a 1-0 lead (which held up), I stood and cheered.

Now fkahckyprofessor20, I don't wanna hear anything from you about how I'm turning over a new leaf, or seen the light, or any such nonsense.....let's just say I was happy to see Denfeld beat Hermantown and shut their fans up with their unoriginal "We Can Only Mimic UMD Fans" boring chants. Image.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
fkahckyprofessor20

Lee, I knew you'd come around. It was only a matter of time! 8)

Way to go Denfeld, that is a great win and obviously it was well fought for. Wish I could have been there to see it. I don't know what I think about this whole going to school in St. Cloud thing.. I can't be missing games like this!! But the bar sure was fun tonight..
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

Hermantown outplayed denfeld by a long shot. Way more shots on goal, odd man rushes, and scoring chances. Denfeld's goal wasn't a sure goal as there were bodies laying everywhere in the crease around H-town's goaltender. Denfeld better watch out come playoffs
fkahckyprofessor20

hshockeyfan53 wrote:Hermantown outplayed denfeld by a long shot. Way more shots on goal, odd man rushes, and scoring chances. Denfeld's goal wasn't a sure goal as there were bodies laying everywhere in the crease around H-town's goaltender. Denfeld better watch out come playoffs
No hard feelings or anything right?? Lol, there's a pretty good chance these two teams could see each other again come playoff time and both teams will be equally ready if it happens. No need to be a sore loser. It's a long hockey season and both teams have more than a few games left. They'll both be even better yet come playoff time and if Hermantown really did dominate (the shots weren't THAT far apart: 25-17) like you say it likely won't happen that way again. Then again, a W is a W no matter how you look at it. 8)
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:Hermantown outplayed denfeld by a long shot. Way more shots on goal, odd man rushes, and scoring chances. Denfeld's goal wasn't a sure goal as there were bodies laying everywhere in the crease around H-town's goaltender. Denfeld better watch out come playoffs
Quit your whining... Good job Hunters.
artifactually153

Post by artifactually153 »

god i wish i didnt have class so i coulda been there
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

I'll admit i'm a little bitter but personally this is probably a good thing for hermantown. They had a 33 game unbeaten streak (the paper seems to forget that the Hawks won their last game in 2006) and now a lot of that stress is gone. also come playoff time there will be a little more intensity to seek revenge on the hunters. this game will be huge for seeding though in sections
barnorthhockeyguy

Hunters Win !

Watch out come playoff time ? I would say Hermantown should watch out come playoff time Denfeld has a good chance ! No a great chance of beating the hawks again ! I agree hermantown had more quality shot chances and power plays. They did not take advantage plain and simple. Skurich played a good game for Denfeld in net . Johnson did score and Denfeld gets a win of a hard fought game by both teams. I Would love to see the Hunters return to State ! Great game by both teams and lets hope if they meet in the section 5 playoffs its anoother barn burner !
hawkeyfan

Re: Hunters Win !

Post by hawkeyfan »

barnorthhockeyguy wrote:Watch out come playoff time ? I would say Hermantown should watch out come playoff time Denfeld has a good chance ! No a great chance of beating the hawks again ! I agree hermantown had more quality shot chances and power plays. They did not take advantage plain and simple. Skurich played a good game for Denfeld in net . Johnson did score and Denfeld gets a win of a hard fought game by both teams. I Would love to see the Hunters return to State ! Great game by both teams and lets hope if they meet in the section 5 playoffs its anoother barn burner !
Are you saying hermantown is still the favorite? because denfeld will probably get the higher seed because of this game. Hermantown will "technically" be the underdog.
barnorthhockeyguy

hunters/hawks

With the win Denfeld will most likely get the higer seed now. But watching the game id say either team could win come playoff time. I think both teams are good. I wont lie id like to see Denfeld go to state this year.
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

east hockey wrote:Okay. I admit it. When Jake Johnson scored to give Denfeld a 1-0 lead (which held up), I stood and cheered.

Now fkahckyprofessor20, I don't wanna hear anything from you about how I'm turning over a new leaf, or seen the light, or any such nonsense.....let's just say I was happy to see Denfeld beat Hermantown and shut their fans up with their unoriginal "We Can Only Mimic UMD Fans" boring chants. Image.

Lee
Those chants probably got stuck in their heads from watching the 3 Hermantown guys play for UMD. :lol: They may be boring, but they are catchy ](*,)
Undercover Hockey Lover

Re: hunters/hawks

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

barnorthhockeyguy wrote:With the win Denfeld will most likely get the higer seed now. But watching the game id say either team could win come playoff time. I think both teams are good. I wont lie id like to see Denfeld go to state this year.
I hate to be Captain Obvious but there's quite a bit of hockey left to be played before we start talking about seedings.... :roll:
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!