Burnsville vs. Edina

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

Edina came out to a strong start winning 2-0 after the 1st period, but burnsville battled back in the 3rd to go ahead 3-2. Lee ties up the game and Edina wins it in OT. The shots were very lopsided (for Edina) and Edina outplayed Burnsville overall. The first line of Burnsville had a few crucial oddman rushes that led to goals. You have to give both teams credit in this game...

Burnsville plays one of the best teams in the state and takes them into overtime...

Edina beats and outplays the #5 team in the state at Burnsvilles Barn...

Should be fun and interesting to watch how the season progresses...
The truth hurts
mnpuck1233

Post by mnpuck1233 »

so all of you that said edina would win easily were very wrong. Burnsville goalie(Becker) played outstanding and bville was up 3-2 with 4 minutes to go in the game...even though bville lost they opened up the eyes of the "cakeeaters"
breakout

Post by breakout »

I would have loved to see this game. The atmosphere must have been outstanding.
labattblue17

Post by labattblue17 »

Refs were not very good penalties were not very good and they missed a few blatant calls both ways
chuckapuckguru

Post by chuckapuckguru »

i mean lets talk about the real story stemming from this game the stupid edina fan who threw the puck across the ice and almost decapitated an innocent burnsville fan just trying to have a good time throwing a puck to the center of the ice and this kid ruins his night and life by pulling this outrageously stupid stunt.
Dominator55

Post by Dominator55 »

Funny how your name is Chuckapuckguru, and you joined one day after the game.
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

i wont lie, great game. Atmosphere was electric, Bville fans were loud and edina had some noise as well. Only problem, Bvilles athletic director wont allow The student fans to cheer anymore because it leads to unfair games and angry opponents. Im dead serious this is what he said. So if you go to any more Games at Bvilles barn, dont expect a good atmosphere anymore. The athletic director sounds like he doesnt have a clue on how to get team support
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

http://media.myfoxtwincities.com/foxhil ... windex.htm

if you didn't get to see any of the action live, watch the high lites... and see the whole edina timeout / burnsville fans
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

GRAF 705 wrote:i wont lie, great game. Atmosphere was electric, Bville fans were loud and edina had some noise as well. Only problem, Bvilles athletic director wont allow The student fans to cheer anymore because it leads to unfair games and angry opponents. Im dead serious this is what he said. So if you go to any more Games at Bvilles barn, dont expect a good atmosphere anymore. The athletic director sounds like he doesnt have a clue on how to get team support
I watched the game and think the AD is right on. There is a difference between showing support for your team and being obnoxious. The kids hanging over the glass while Giles was trying to talk to his team were being obnoxious.
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

obnoxious, sure. Keep in mind that were playin competitive hockey here, best teams in state. This isnt t-ball. Now that burnsville cant cheer, i dont see the blaze pullin out any tough victories against teams like EP, Rosemount, Eastview. You can thank The AD for that. The fans added a sixth man and edina would have killed Bville if there were no fans
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

I was at the game and both fans were typical STUPID high school kids. Edina fans start singing the national athem one vers in front of the poor girl that was trying to sing then the b'ville fans joined in. She was very devistated, left crying. I think both teams have great fan support, but they need to understand that they don't need to be obnoxsues to support there teams. But what a great game. Sorry for those that missed it.
hockiepuck

Post by hockiepuck »

labattblue17 wrote:Refs were not very good penalties were not very good and they missed a few blatant calls both ways
So what's new ?????
petern3

Post by petern3 »

Wow I was way wrong Burnsville is really good, great forwards! Sorry to any Burnsville fans they got a great team...This goes to show anyone can skate with Edina
blazetostate08

Post by blazetostate08 »

petern3 wrote:Wow I was way wrong Burnsville is really good, great forwards! Sorry to any Burnsville fans they got a great team...This goes to show anyone can skate with Edina

Maybe you should think befor u talk
blazetostate08

Post by blazetostate08 »

selloutcrowd99 wrote:Edina came out to a strong start winning 2-0 after the 1st period, but burnsville battled back in the 3rd to go ahead 3-2. Lee ties up the game and Edina wins it in OT. The shots were very lopsided (for Edina) and Edina outplayed Burnsville overall. The first line of Burnsville had a few crucial oddman rushes that led to goals. You have to give both teams credit in this game...

Burnsville plays one of the best teams in the state and takes them into overtime...

yea in OT Bitch
wingsrule

Post by wingsrule »

tjkhavgam wrote:I was at the game and both fans were typical STUPID high school kids. Edina fans start singing the national athem one vers in front of the poor girl that was trying to sing then the b'ville fans joined in. She was very devistated, left crying. I think both teams have great fan support, but they need to understand that they don't need to be obnoxsues to support there teams. But what a great game. Sorry for those that missed it.
From my observation the National Anthem issues came from the Burnsville student section and I, along with others in attendance, were appalled at this behavior. No matter where it came from it was very disrespectful to our country's National Anthem and to the girl singing!
blazetostate08

Post by blazetostate08 »

wingsrule wrote:
tjkhavgam wrote:I was at the game and both fans were typical STUPID high school kids. Edina fans start singing the national athem one vers in front of the poor girl that was trying to sing then the b'ville fans joined in. She was very devistated, left crying. I think both teams have great fan support, but they need to understand that they don't need to be obnoxsues to support there teams. But what a great game. Sorry for those that missed it.
From my observation the National Anthem issues came from the Burnsville student section and I, along with others in attendance, were appalled at this behavior. No matter where it came from it was very disrespectful to our country's National Anthem and to the girl singing!
IT is not the home of the braves its the year of the blaze and the home of the blaze plus u dont no the way the blaze role out like the pimps we are
blazetostate08

Post by blazetostate08 »

selloutcrowd99 wrote:Edina came out to a strong start winning 2-0 after the 1st period, but burnsville battled back in the 3rd to go ahead 3-2. Lee ties up the game and Edina wins it in OT. The shots were very lopsided (for Edina) and Edina outplayed Burnsville overall. The first line of Burnsville had a few crucial oddman rushes that led to goals. You have to give both teams credit in this game...

the truth is going to hurt when we take u out in state
Last edited by blazetostate08 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
blazetostate08

Post by blazetostate08 »

flatontheice wrote:
Johnny_Murphy wrote:Da Hornets-6
Da Blaze-2
It will be a laugher. Burnsville is not that good.
That is y the score was 4-3 so fix ur stuff
HockeyCHOLO

Post by HockeyCHOLO »

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: The rollercoaster of emotions felt during this game. I was the decapitated chuckapuck fan and would like to know who threw that puck. If anyone knows anything tell me
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

HockeyCHOLO wrote::D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: The rollercoaster of emotions felt during this game. I was the decapitated chuckapuck fan and would like to know who threw that puck. If anyone knows anything tell me
Nice evasive move! :wink:
Seriously... I hope your not hurt to badly, that was a stupid thing to do by whoever tossed it, but you seem to be doing pretty good posting being headless and all. :P
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
HockeyCHOLO wrote::D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: The rollercoaster of emotions felt during this game. I was the decapitated chuckapuck fan and would like to know who threw that puck. If anyone knows anything tell me
Nice evasive move! :wink:
Seriously... I hope your not hurt to badly, that was a stupid thing to do by whoever tossed it, but you seem to be doing pretty good posting being headless and all. :P
I agree it was a stupid stunt, but its nothing to lose your head over.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

blazetostate08 wrote:

the truth is going to hurt when we take u out in state
You won't take Edina out in State. You will be watching the State Tournament from your butts at home because Edina will take you out in sections.

Edina played much better and made a few stupid plays that Burnsville took advantage of and scored on, however Edina had is when tehy needed it and tied it and won it when it mattered.

The chuck-a-puck thing was one kid being dumb and I'm pretty sure it didn't hit anyone. The national anthem thing was stupid, however in my opinion I think the kids got off by accident.
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

ok ok, lets wait til sections. Ive talked to a few Bville players, ive never seen them so pissed about a game/team. Edina/Bville in Feb. there will be some fists flying and hopefully some refs that arent on their knees.
Prediction for sections: Bville: 6 Edina:4
just like holy Angels, except holy angels was better than edina
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

Nobody got hit by the puck, and burnsvilles cheers were brutal. the Blaze's goalie is such a ham, he went into the splits everytime he got a chance too. He'd make a save, have the puck, then split. Whats up with that?