Ha ha ha No way
36%
Maybe....
29%

Total votes: 14

theedomcarsi10

Champlin Park Rebels.. Dark Horse

Post by theedomcarsi10 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:26 am

Champlin has one of THEE premier scoring lines in the state in Herzog, Grandner, and Meyers...

Grandner.... the engine of this group if he scores this team wins... he does stuff with the puck , without the puck , offensive zone, defensive zone.. power ply... PK... etc etc... he is the X factor.. Good season for him good season for the team
Meyers.... An absolute Goal Scorer this kid can put the puck in the net.... with his handles and speed this could could contend for top goal scorer in the Section.
Herzog... The Perfect Role player for this line.... this kid scores when needed... doesn't back down from anyone.. and will take the occasional dive when needed. Every great line needs a kid like herzog and he fits perfectly with the other two.

I dub this line the Red Tag Line.... story behind that is GMC ( Grandner Meyers Chad ..Herzogs first name) always has a red tag sale event and yes thats the story.

if these three get some help from the younger lines this team could put a scare into the top teams of the section.... maple grove, Centenial, and Blaine.

The Rebels lost only 5 seniors and other then two solid defensemen in Krych and Jackson it wasnt to big of a loss. The Rebels will get a injured defensemen back in Mylrea who could be a great player especially on the power play at the point.

Brandon Jager returns as the little goalie that could and will keep Champlin competetive no matter what.

Guys who could have big years that could have a big impact for this team are Bradbury at forward, Perry also at forward, and Wood at forward.

At defense John Mankey and previously mentioned a comeback from Mylrea would be huge for this team.

The Rebels are a big time dark horse but this team has alot of heart and there biggest loss of all might be the senior fan section from 06'- 07' hopefully the new fans will step up and help this team to glory.

Prediction ... Rebs above .500 and a loss in the section championship game to Maple Grove.
BUT could do more!

MVP- Grandner
OPY- Meyers
DPY- Mylrea

GO REBEL NATION!!!!!!!!

boblee

post 8688

Post by boblee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 am

Those kids showed nothing you speak of in the scrimmages in Grand Rapids. I know this is a long season, but from what I saw, they are a terrible hockey team.

mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:09 am

When your coach wears a purple scarf during practice, you know your team is bad.
Last edited by mghockey18 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:11 am

mghockey18 wrote:When your coach wears a pink scarf during practice, you know your team is bad.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

DannyCalifornia

Post by DannyCalifornia » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 am

I have seen that line play effectively and they ARE good. The way I see it, the only thing holding back that line from an awesome season offensively is their head coach and his assistants. :roll:

rbk28

Post by rbk28 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:21 pm

mghockey18 wrote:When your coach wears a pink (maybe purple I'm not sure) scarf during practice, you know your team is bad.
You also know your team is bad when u lose to armstrong 5-2..but the scarf is purple lol
Last edited by rbk28 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Early in the season, it happens.

HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 pm

This line is above average. They could put up a 50 point season each, but Champlin does not have the depth or the goaltending to make noise in this section.

mnhock20

Re: post 8688

Post by mnhock20 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 pm

boblee wrote:Those kids showed nothing you speak of in the scrimmages in Grand Rapids. I know this is a long season, but from what I saw, they are a terrible hockey team.
Meyers didn't play. Grandner and Herzog saw limited action with 4th liners. They played their back-up goaltenders.

big_thurst

Post by big_thurst » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 pm

They have 1 line. They will not make noise. Last year, and in recent history, they have been one of the least disciplined hockey teams I've seen. I'd credit that to both coaches and players, which shows the team already lacks a strong foundation.
Creator of the Original Applause Button,

Big_Thurst