Forest Lake at Grand Rapids tonight - 11/30

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

rapidsrapids wrote:A little early to say Anoka and East are the top 2. I'm just not sold on Anoka. I saw them at the Colesium in St. Paul a few days after the 7AA semi's and they were no where near the level of play the 7AA teams were at. I know this is a new season, but there was nothing I saw from Anoka last year to make me think they'd be a threat this year.
You also said this below about Tonka :P Which ended up 4-0 Skippers.

rapidsrapids wrote:Grand Rapids and Cloquet are both better than Tonka.

Cloquet 6
Minnetonka 2

We'll see soon enough on Anoka ! :wink:
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

The one thing I'd like to know about Anoka, is if they make it to the DECC, can they bring 1500-2000 fans like East, CEC, and GR have the last 3 seasons. For the title game 2500 is the mark.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

rapidsrapids wrote:The one thing I'd like to know about Anoka, is if they make it to the DECC, can they bring 1500-2000 fans like East, CEC, and GR have the last 3 seasons. For the title game 2500 is the mark.
It's not what they bring up, it's what they take home :wink:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

The Thunderchickens must have had that same cardboard cutout in the net again last night :roll:
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

BIAFP wrote:The Thunderchickens must have had that same cardboard cutout in the net again last night :roll:
He was not on his game.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

What's it worth taking something home with no one to celebrate with?
hockey59

7AA

Post by hockey59 »

rapidsrapids wrote:A little early to say Anoka and East are the top 2. I'm just not sold on Anoka. I saw them at the Colesium in St. Paul a few days after the 7AA semi's and they were no where near the level of play the 7AA teams were at. I know this is a new season, but there was nothing I saw from Anoka last year to make me think they'd be a threat this year.
rapidsrapids...not sure what game you saw Anoka play last year at the Colesium...the win over Maple Grove or the OT loss to Blaine...but your comment above leads me to believe your a bit obtuse...is it deliberate?

They had 4 Elite League players this Fall, including one who committed to UMD this past June...they are a senior dominated team...enough said.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

who played in nets for Rapids? was it some kid named trevor or something? how did he play?
boblee

post 8716

Post by boblee »

sicknasty7722 wrote:who played in nets for Rapids? was it some kid named trevor or something? how did he play?
Trevor Tabaka.

Wasn't his best game.