Hill-Murray Pioneers vs. Benilde st. margarets

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

AngusYoung wrote:BIAFP is a staunch supporter of the Moorhead Spuds. He is well known around these parts by his alter-ego handle, "Slapshooter".

AY 8)
:lol: =D> Excellent!
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Neutron 14 wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:BIAFP is a staunch supporter of the Moorhead Spuds. He is well known around these parts by his alter-ego handle, "Slapshooter".

AY 8)
:lol: =D> Excellent!

don't be picking on my good buddy Slipbobber when he's not around to defend himself :roll:
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

Im picking Hill 4-2 over BSM.

If I could get a chance to spend my two cents....

Joe Phillipi is an outstanding goalie, but what do all coaches and "wisemen" say about sports? Its not what you do on the ice, its what you do off. And everything I have seen from watching joe for three years isnt the best. I mean the kid thinks he is the absolute crap, which he may be. But in the schwanns cup last year when he let the after the buzzer dump in hit the post like that, horrible.
pistol

Post by pistol »

Neutron 14 wrote:BSM has a good team this year. But Sparlimb and Parchisi's team will be too much for them. 7-3 Hill.
How can you say three goals, Neutron? Nobody has scored on Phillippi all season!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Hill 4-1
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

pistol wrote:How can you say three goals, Neutron? Nobody has scored on Phillippi all season!
The defense will rush the puck often this year, sometimes getting caught. I don't foresee Zepeda backchecking.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Any updates?
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Courtesy of pioneerpride guy:

Final: Hill-Murray 3, Benilde 1

Sounds like a nice win for the Pioneers. Anyone with stats/anaylsis?
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Widing, Kohls, Zepeda (en) scoring for H-M First line for Hill had a terrible game. They couldn't get the puck out of the zone. H-M did hit 4 pipes tonight. They had 22 shots in the second and just couldn't put the puck away. Benilde did forecheck effectively, but didn't really create that many good scoring chances.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Thanks for the info! Uncharacteristic for the 1st line to have off nights but that is what depth is for...
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Neutron 14 wrote:
pistol wrote:How can you say three goals, Neutron? Nobody has scored on Phillippi all season!
The defense will rush the puck often this year, sometimes getting caught. I don't foresee Zepeda backchecking.
Just an FYI Neutron, Zepeda has been doing a very nice job of backchecking this year. He finally caught on to it in the Elite league.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Hillfan wrote:Thanks for the info! Uncharacteristic for the 1st line to have off nights but that is what depth is for...
Yes indeed, the line of Singerhouse, Widing and Kohls had an excellent game. The defense needs to gel more as they did struggle tonight
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

great game. HM had some great chances, BSM had some even better ones but Flip played outstanding. I saw atleast 3 easy goals he blocked with great saves. Boys will have to play better though. the first line was atrocious tonight, but the 2nd line was fantastic.

by the way, did anyone get the number of the bus that hit #3 on BSM, he was completely gone after that hit
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

sachishi4 wrote:great game. HM had some great chances, BSM had some even better ones but Flip played outstanding. I saw atleast 3 easy goals he blocked with great saves. Boys will have to play better though. the first line was atrocious tonight, but the 2nd line was fantastic.

by the way, did anyone get the number of the bus that hit #3 on BSM, he was completely gone after that hit
For the most part, BSM made Flip look good. Like when there was a wide open net on the back door and they shot it into Flips glove.

As for #3 Sachishi, that's definately NOT something to joke about. For those of you not at the game, a player on BSM got hit hard and when he got up he couldn't even skate straight back/kept stumbling back to the bench because he was so out of it (YouTube Dizzy Kapanen).

I quote the anouncer, "That may be funny to look at, man you think about whats going on there man, that's scrambled eggs right there. That's just down right scary."
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

pioneers wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Just an FYI Neutron, Zepeda has been doing a very nice job of backchecking this year. He finally caught on to it in the Elite league.
You think that they would teach the art of backchecking and helping out in your own end at the greatest hockey program on the planet. :roll:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

SEC Scotty wrote:
pioneers wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: The defense will rush the puck often this year, sometimes getting caught. I don't foresee Zepeda backchecking.
You think that they would teach the art of backchecking and helping out in your own end at the greatest hockey program on the planet. :roll:
Frankly, I always thought it was Lech floating him high all the time. But with his speed its not necessary. Opposing defense will KNOW when he's on the ice and give up the zone early. Or else.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
SEC Scotty wrote:
pioneers wrote: Just an FYI Neutron, Zepeda has been doing a very nice job of backchecking this year. He finally caught on to it in the Elite league.
Frankly, I always thought it was Lech floating him high all the time. But with his speed its not necessary. Opposing defense will KNOW when he's on the ice and give up the zone early. Or else.
He will fly down the ice past the defensemen, take the puck in on net and do one of the following:

A) hit the post (section final against WB last year)
B) miss the net (against Wazyeta last week)
C) get stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey

I swear this kid gets around 100 breakaways a season and he nets about 5 of them.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

sicknasty7722 wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:great game. HM had some great chances, BSM had some even better ones but Flip played outstanding. I saw atleast 3 easy goals he blocked with great saves. Boys will have to play better though. the first line was atrocious tonight, but the 2nd line was fantastic.

For the most part, BSM made Flip look good. Like when there was a wide open net on the back door and they shot it into Flips glove.

As for #3 Sachishi, that's definately NOT something to joke about. For those of you not at the game, a player on BSM got hit hard and when he got up he couldn't even skate straight back/kept stumbling back to the bench because he was so out of it (YouTube Dizzy Kapanen).

I quote the anouncer, "That may be funny to look at, man you think about whats going on there man, that's scrambled eggs right there. That's just down right scary."
i wasnt joking about it, im just saying it was a big hit. hope th kids is alright
pistol

Post by pistol »

Neutron 14 wrote:Frankly, I always thought it was Lech floating him high all the time.
Lex actually benched one of his best players in the 2007 State Tourney because of poor backchecking.
Hillfan101

Post by Hillfan101 »

The best was when Flip had most of the net open and a shot was riffled in to the open part and he just snagged it and then went back to doing is Reading Homework.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

sicknasty7722 wrote:
For the most part, BSM made Flip look good. Like when there was a wide open net on the back door and they shot it into Flips glove."

The best was when Flip had most of the net open and a shot was riffled in to the open part and he just snagged it and then went back to doing is Reading Homework.

Sounds familiar? :-k
BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 »

BSM has quite a lot of young players. Does anyone know where these players are at with line combos and such?

I know Meyers is there. Is he backing-up Shiboroski (spelling)?
pistol

Post by pistol »

Hey, that's a pretty good shot when you can fire it into a tiny glove instead a great big open net!