Andrew Jackson - Chanhassen

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tomASS

Andrew Jackson - Chanhassen

Post by tomASS »

Didn't know exactly where to put this so thought I would put it on the forum with the most readers.

A tip of the helmet, a raising of the stick, a tear for the ice, and a prayer for a wonderful family who lost their son this weekend in a traffic accident as he was in route with his college club teammates. Tremendous kid who also loved playing hockey.

The kid also battled and defeated cancer when he was junior high youth player.
hckywtchr1

Post by hckywtchr1 »

Extraordinary young man who quietly did his job on the ice, loved life, and loved his family.

He will be missed.
BrookPark021

Post by BrookPark021 »

Andrew was a great kid, and will be missed by many. May his family and friends remain in our prayers.
He Hate Me

Post by He Hate Me »

Andrew your in our prayers
stars612

Post by stars612 »

I knew him and I really regret not getting to know him better. He was a great guy who could always crack a joke and put smiles on peoples faces. My thoughts and prayers are with his parents and his sister.

AJ we miss ya buddy!
Third times a charm.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

He was the winner of the Wes Barrette Jr Gold Scholarship last year from MN Hockey.

My prayers are with his family.
Truthbetold

Post by Truthbetold »

I beleive there is a Benefit Hockey game with AJ's fellow Purdue players vs. Wessy's Boys JR gold. I heard at the Chaska Hockey game last night that this was being hosted by the Radermacher family, supported by the Chaska Community Center, and the Chaska Hockey Association.
Truthbetold

Post by Truthbetold »

The event is Friday night 9:45pm, the Purdue team is in for the funeral on Firday then heading home on Saturday.
HockeyGuy1515

Post by HockeyGuy1515 »

Its sad to see something like this happen to such a good kid. I think it puts everything in perspective . . . . we'll keep him in our prayers.
hckywtchr1

Post by hckywtchr1 »

A tip of the cap to hockey players all over.

A memorial game was held tonight at the Chaska Community Center. The teams were made up of former teammates of Andrews from the Purdue University Hockey Team, Wessy's Boys Jr Gold, Chaska/Chanhassen Hockey Association and Chaska HS Alumni Players.

The refs donated their time and one was a former coach of Andrews and one was the brother of one of the Wessy's Boys.

It doesn't matter what the score was, it was great to see these young men come out and honor Andrews memory.

What a fun game to watch and what a great group of young men representing the greatest sport in the world.

Thanks to Kurt Rademacher for putting things together and securing the ice. Great Job gentlemen.....
blueblood

Chan Player

Post by blueblood »

A young man gone way too early in life.

Boy, this really puts the light on what's important in life and it ain't hockey.
tomASS

Re: Chan Player

Post by tomASS »

blueblood wrote:A young man gone way too early in life.

Boy, this really puts the light on what's important in life and it ain't hockey.
Amen Brother - his sister placed his skates with him in the casket before they closed it. He is playing again for a much better team O:) O:)
nikebauerhockey21

Post by nikebauerhockey21 »

it was a very fun game to play in and watch.