Grandrapids @ Greenway - December 7

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

post 8769

Post by boblee »

norcon wrote:
eastranger19 wrote:How do you not take the Greenies in this one, 2 Elite players to none!!
Had to be upset wins for Hibbing and Hermantown. :roll: [/img]
Are you serious? The only reason those kids were on that Elite team is because Guyer was the coach and you can't tell me Roy, Kosak, and Rendle weren't good enough to be on that squad. Unless something crazy happens, Rapids should dominate.
I agree, but in this rivarly something crazy happening isn't out of the realm.
oldtimehockey77

Post by oldtimehockey77 »

It all comes down to goaltending. If Harbin is out and one of the other two young Greenway goalies have to play Grand Rapids will run away with it. These two young kids don't have the experience yet to compete at a higher level of play. Grand Rapids has three solid goaltenders, they will be tough to beat. It is too bad that Underwood moved to Grand Rapids. Greenway could of had a great team with his help.
eastranger19

Post by eastranger19 »

Serious, take a look at the little yellow fellows face. Roy, Kosak and Rendle and you can also add, Boese and Boese- East and H-Town, Lonetto, skarman, jamnick and the list could go on. But it is'nt the end so we move on to Greenier pastures!!!!
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Reggie wrote:Rapids 7 Bovey, Coleraine, Calumet, Marble, Nashwauk, Pengilly,And Taconite 2!
Roy with the Hat Trick and Figgins solid in the nets!
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Good to see the friendly next door rivalry is still in full force. :)
Roseau and Warroad is a battle- but Greenway/GR can hate with the best of 'em. :evil:
I miss going to these games.
Have fun tonight everyone.
Rapids by a goal.
northwoods oldtimer

Greenies

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

If the rapidly declining thunderhawks give up some soft goals and play a sub par defensive game like they did against the Forest Lake juggernaut they will get beat in the snake pit. If it is close in the third you all know what will happen....lots of 5 on 3 hockey for the 'green macheeeeeene' and that will have the thunder faithful in a spun up heap! Look for a spirited game with the zebra's factoring if she gets close in the third. Orange and black club better bury the biscuit early or this one will have the 'indian foreskin' crying foul and the boys at Sheps wishing they were back in the 7 double A. My boy Rob Roy better bury the hatchet early and often or the greenies will mount a surprise attack in the third if you know what I mean.
norcon

Re: Greenies

Post by norcon »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:If the rapidly declining thunderhawks give up some soft goals and play a sub par defensive game like they did against the Forest Lake juggernaut they will get beat in the snake pit. If it is close in the third you all know what will happen....lots of 5 on 3 hockey for the 'green macheeeeeene' and that will have the thunder faithful in a spun up heap! Look for a spirited game with the zebra's factoring if she gets close in the third. Orange and black club better bury the biscuit early or this one will have the 'indian foreskin' crying foul and the boys at Sheps wishing they were back in the 7 double A. My boy Rob Roy better bury the hatchet early and often or the greenies will mount a surprise attack in the third if you know what I mean.
I don't know which game you were watching when Rapids played Forest Lake, but if I recall correctly, the T-hawks outshot FL 51-24. The only reason they didn't get the W was because Tabaka had an off-night.
The boys do need to start putting the puck in the back of the net.
boblee

post 8776

Post by boblee »

norcon wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:If the rapidly declining thunderhawks give up some soft goals and play a sub par defensive game like they did against the Forest Lake juggernaut they will get beat in the snake pit. If it is close in the third you all know what will happen....lots of 5 on 3 hockey for the 'green macheeeeeene' and that will have the thunder faithful in a spun up heap! Look for a spirited game with the zebra's factoring if she gets close in the third. Orange and black club better bury the biscuit early or this one will have the 'indian foreskin' crying foul and the boys at Sheps wishing they were back in the 7 double A. My boy Rob Roy better bury the hatchet early and often or the greenies will mount a surprise attack in the third if you know what I mean.
I don't know which game you were watching when Rapids played Forest Lake, but if I recall correctly, the T-hawks outshot FL 51-24. The only reason they didn't get the W was because Tabaka had an off-night. The
boys do need to start putting the puck in the back of the net.
I would say the only reason they didn't get the W is because they only score 3 times on 51 shots. I don't see how Tabaka can be blamed.
norcon

Re: post 8776

Post by norcon »

boblee wrote:
norcon wrote:
I don't know which game you were watching when Rapids played Forest Lake, but if I recall correctly, the T-hawks outshot FL 51-24. The only reason they didn't get the W was because Tabaka had an off-night. The
I would say the only reason they didn't get the W is because they only score 3 times on 51 shots. I don't see how Tabaka can be blamed.
I am not blaming Tabaka. I just thought a couple of the goals he gave up were pretty soft. Based on how he played against Cloquet, I think we'll see more like that out of him.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

norcon wrote:
boblee wrote:
norcon wrote: I don't know which game you were watching when Rapids played Forest Lake, but if I recall correctly, the T-hawks outshot FL 51-24. The only reason they didn't get the W was because Tabaka had an off-night. The
I am not blaming Tabaka. I just thought a couple of the goals he gave up were pretty soft. Based on how he played against Cloquet, I think we'll see more like that out of him.
I would say the defensive play of Rapids wasn't top notch. There's a few of the D men that really seem to consistently struggle.
northwoods oldtimer

Greenies

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

The goalie did get sniped big time on the game winner that shot was a beauty still the 4 goals on 20 shots is not what you want for your goaltender. In defense of the young man his most experienced D got burned twice on goals so not pointing the pressure at the netminder but simply stating the stats are not the best. 4 tough shots(?). If the greenies manage to pick away tonight she might be one heck of a game. Rapids should win but they have work to do on the blueline and that is why the boys play the game.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

Besides home ice, give one reason why Greenway will even stay in this game. I'm not rippin' on Greenway I just want to know if its worth going to watch this one
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

rangehockey14 wrote:Besides home ice, give one reason why Greenway will even stay in this game. I'm not rippin' on Greenway I just want to know if its worth going to watch this one
The atmosphere in the arena in itself makes it worth going and watching a game like this. It'll be packed out and Rapids/Greenway are such rivals, the Raiders should put up a decent fight.
I still take Rapids by a ways though.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

rangehockey14 wrote:Besides home ice, give one reason why Greenway will even stay in this game. I'm not rippin' on Greenway I just want to know if its worth going to watch this one
Read my earlier post. Greenway may not be quite as talented as GR, but the emotions of the game will even things up a bit.

In response to Old Timer, not sure what games you've been watching. Tabaka has played fine. He may have had a bit of an off night vs. FL, but he certainly wasn't the cause of the loss. Look to the fact that GR played poor defensively and they simply ran into a hot goaltender. Hopefully they've solved their goal scoring issues after Tuesday's game at Virginia.

At any rate, it should be an entertaining matchup tonight.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

GR3343 wrote:
Read my earlier post. Greenway may not be quite as talented as GR, but the emotions of the game will even things up a bit.

In response to Old Timer, not sure what games you've been watching. Tabaka has played fine. He may have had a bit of an off night vs. FL, but he certainly wasn't the cause of the loss. Look to the fact that GR played poor defensively and they simply ran into a hot goaltender. Hopefully they've solved their goal scoring issues after Tuesday's game at Virginia.

At any rate, it should be an entertaining matchup tonight.[/quote
Very true it will be a barn burner ,I will be there.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

norcon wrote:
boblee wrote:
norcon wrote: I don't know which game you were watching when Rapids played Forest Lake, but if I recall correctly, the T-hawks outshot FL 51-24. The only reason they didn't get the W was because Tabaka had an off-night. The
But he did commit befor the shot was made ,needs to hold his ground.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

Well let me know how the game was... i'm going to see Youso in Virginia
Paz DePuk

Post by Paz DePuk »

Scoring on every 4th or 5th shot is a good night at Sheps. :lol: However up on DaRange this should give a coach bad dreams or have Fido show up in your next Big Mac #-o

Gotta give the edge to the Big G due to the snake pit :P

I hope stripes crew is from the East Range in this one :wink:
pacman

Post by pacman »

5-4 Rapids end of 2
grindiangrad-80

Sounds like a typical Rapids/Greenway duel.
pacman

Post by pacman »

no updates, thats the last update they had on the radio broadcast of the Dogs-Alaska Anchorage Game.
grindiangrad-80

final gr6 greenway 5
pacman

Post by pacman »

sounds like a good game
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Great game for Greenway. Hats off to them as they played their hearts out. GR was completely deficient in their own end all night. With the exception of Sam Rendle, no defenseman had a good night. Goaltending was suspect at best. Scoring was not an issue as most of the forwards had good games. Strong game from Jack Moore. GR is going to have to shore things up with some tough, tough teams coming up on the schedule. Back to the drawing board.

I will say that it was an entertaining contest, some good hits, some good puck movement, an occasional good save. The rivalry is definitely back. Glad to see a game like that instead of the last few blowouts.
ndirishfighting

Post by ndirishfighting »

I came home for this one & what a dandy it was to see. One of the best games I have seen in a while. Great game on both sides.
As for Rapids saying we got AJ, if I was from Greenway, I would say go ahead and keep him.