burnsville changes

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

yunhse

burnsville changes

Post by yunhse »

tonight, 12/04/07, burnsville plays lakeville south. the first line will not consist of barnes, hendrickson, and perisic. they are splitting up and each of them are going to be on a different line. it will be interesting to see how it plays out. people have been saying that the first line isn't working together so they will try something new.
breakout

Re: burnsville changes

Post by breakout »

yunhse wrote:tonight, 12/04/07, burnsville plays lakeville south. the first line will not consist of barnes, hendrickson, and perisic. they are splitting up and each of them are going to be on a different line. it will be interesting to see how it plays out. people have been saying that the first line isn't working together so they will try something new.
Didn't Barnes and Hendrickson play on the same line in the Elite League? Both had a lot of points.

Maybe Perisic is feeling slighted because of the attention the other two fellows are getting. Perisic is a good player.

Could there be a disgruntled player in the group? Ego(s)?

Who knows, maybe it's a good move for Burnsville.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

does anyone know what the lines will be?
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

Dont they play Edina this week?

Risky before a big game.

Might be a terrific move though. We will see.
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

i think one of the lines will be perisic, pearson, may
i would guess the other would still include hendrickson and barnes along with zack king. Im not sure but i think May and perisic will do pretty well with the speedy pearson

it will be interesting to see what happens to the lines before edina this friday
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Or this whole thing is just a bluff being the originator has 1 post :-k
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

if it isnt a bluff i think its too early to be messing with your first line that carried you last year and your going to rely on this year. so you didnt have any spectacular games, so what theyve only played 3. let the kids figure it out. last year alot of people didnt even know them til the end of the year when they put together the big winning streak. theyre good players and theyll figure it out
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

would we say Success? they win 7-1 and no player scored twice.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

id say that is pretty successful going against hawk. do you think it was the lines or did everyone just play well? what were the lines?
postnin

Post by postnin »

Hendrickson/ Barnes connected on some nice plays..and all the lines had some good forchecking , but the biggest factor was Hawk spotting Burnsville 3 softies in the first. South played a decent first period , shots were like 8-9.

Rough night Hawk...better night for Bville, but too many penalties for Bville...can't afford to let Edina get that many power plays on Fri
mnpuck1233

Post by mnpuck1233 »

I hope bville keeps the new lines against edina on friday. They spread the puck around the ice and got other players other than barnes and hendrickson to step up and make plays.
minnesotahockeyfan

Post by minnesotahockeyfan »

Burnsville was the much skilled team in this one...South goalie didnt have his best tonight, but was beat on 2 deflections in teh 1st..one very nice tip by Barnes on the PP...and from there..the South defense didnt help much, and the goalie had no chance..

Burnsville looked very good.
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

-lines:

-fowards
barnes*, hanson, (smyth/mosey)

hendrickson*, comstock*, king*

perisic*, pearson*, may

-defense
branson, ames*, mcduff, anderson, dunne

-power play:
barnes, hendrickson, perisic

* = scored a goal

play was really spread out and they did play with much more teamwork
Last edited by mnhockey777 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

The new lines may help them against Edina but they still are not at the level Edina is at.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

ehshockey wrote:The new lines may help them against Edina but they still are not at the level Edina is at.
The cool thing will be watching how they play them... Will Bville play a diff system? Will they have the goaltending needed? Can they finish when they get hte opportunity and can they help out their goaltender with rebounds and slot play?

I am looking forward to that game... I really hope its a good one, I think it will be a one goal game going into the third...
grizz8920

Post by grizz8920 »

Bottom line, Burnsville needs # 18 back in the line up to beat edina
NHL07cheif

Post by NHL07cheif »

who is #18 for burnsville and what happened to him?
mnhockey777

Post by mnhockey777 »

lane gustavson, fell in the shower
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

ya #18 is a nice physical speedy player, but if the blaze want a chance tonight they have to play pur physical hockey and score on their opportunities. I guess they have to do everything else great too, while shutting down edina. Sleeping stud in this game: Zack King, i predict he will score 1-2 goals and play his normal physical game