Lake Conference Updates 12/4

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CrossbarandIn99

Lake Conference Updates 12/4

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

Lakeville North vs Apple Valley
Eastview vs Eden Prarie
Lakeville South vs Burnsville
Kennedy vs Jefferson
Eagan vs Chaska

anyone going to any of these games??? any predictions?
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

I'll be at Valley and North and try and catch some Eastview-EP as well. I was impressed with EP D when I watched them play and their passing. I'll give that one to EP, not sure on the Valley game haven't seen North yet and haven't heard a ton about them I'm thinking it should be a good game though, I hope Valley gives the freshman the game I thought he did pretty well against MV then they put the Senior in again last game. Oh well not much you can do when the coach is senior bias. For the rest of them i would say Burnsville by 2, depending on how the new lines go if they are switched. Jefferson big at big. Chaska over Eagan cause well, scoring 1 goal all year doesn't give me much reason to pick them.
Last edited by hockeyjunkie2 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
three_pac_shakur

Post by three_pac_shakur »

im going to go with

Lakeville North
E.P
Burnsville
Jefferson
Chaska
RFFalcon22

Post by RFFalcon22 »

I will also be at the North-AV game and am hoping AV can put a complete game together and beat one of the few teams they should beat (AV 4-2). The Eastview-EP game should be a really good game; Eastview's fast, skilled forwards against EP's solid defensemen. I think EP's defense is just too good (EP 3-2). As for the other three I'll take: Burnsville 5-2, Jefferson 7-1, and Chaska 4-3.
BoogeyMan

Re: Lake Conference Updates 12/4

Post by BoogeyMan »

CrossbarandIn99 wrote:Lakeville North vs Apple Valley
Eastview vs Eden Prarie
Lakeville South vs Burnsville
Kennedy vs Jefferson
Eagan vs Chaska

anyone going to any of these games??? any predictions?
EP by 3
Burnsville by 2
Jefferson by 5
Chaska by 2

Jefferson and Kennedy used to have some great games between them.
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Just got home from AV-LN 2-2 tie, kinda a boring game, 2 penalties a piece. Could say more but on my way to the 3rd period of EP-EV now last I heard EV was up 2-1.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

yeah AV/LN game=very boring. each team struggled to get 20 shots and the only exciting part was the last 1:30 right after AV scored to tie it they were buzzing lakeville for the rest of the period. no big threats in the OT. both teams look like they will be middle to bottom in the lake (5-8)
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Jefferson 6
Kennedy 1
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

EV beats EP 3-2 in OT

EV's goalie played well from what I saw and then heard in talking to a few people for the part I missed. Both teams with equal scoring chances throughout the game, good number of chances. Eastview scored game winner by knocking in a rebound that came off the back glass back in front of the goal and while the goalie was still looking for it they knocked it in. EP tied it with 1:30 left in the 3rd to send it to OT.
FollowThePuck

Post by FollowThePuck »

I saw a score for Chaska and Eagan on another website that I'm having a hard time believing. It had Eagan winning 6-0 at Chaska. Can anyone confirm that?
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

EP tied it with 1:30 left in the 3rd to send it to OT.
wow! good game!
mnpuck1233

Post by mnpuck1233 »

Burnsville beat lakeville south 7-1..7 goals by 7 different players. They looked pretty good with the new lines
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

FollowThePuck wrote:I saw a score for Chaska and Eagan on another website that I'm having a hard time believing. It had Eagan winning 6-0 at Chaska. Can anyone confirm that?
Can you say goose egg? The score is correct. Chaska loses at home 6-0. Ouch!
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:EV beats EP 3-2 in OT

EV's goalie played well from what I saw and then heard in talking to a few people for the part I missed. Both teams with equal scoring chances throughout the game, good number of chances. Eastview scored game winner by knocking in a rebound that came off the back glass back in front of the goal and while the goalie was still looking for it they knocked it in. EP tied it with 1:30 left in the 3rd to send it to OT.
Bart Larson is a multi State Champion coach. Did coaching enter into the win? I am guessing he has some tricks up his sleeve in looking for line mis-matches, etc.

Great coach to have for Eastview. Congrats to Eastview on a solid win.
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

I still cant believe that Eagan beat chaska 6-0! Eagan hasn't scored a goal all year, then they get 6! wow!

Also, Krob (EV Goalie) Played for EV instead of O'Shea. He played really well, and made some great saves. Do you think he should get the start against the Irish on saturday?
breakout

Post by breakout »

STEV16 wrote:I still cant believe that Eagan beat chaska 6-0! Eagan hasn't scored a goal all year, then they get 6! wow!

Also, Krob (EV Goalie) Played for EV instead of O'Shea. He played really well, and made some great saves. Do you think he should get the start against the Irish on saturday?
If he played great, why not?

How has O'Shea played so far?

By the way, is his first name Rick? :lol:

I know, that was stupid 8)
College Fan

Post by College Fan »

From what I understand O'Shea looks better this year. :shock:
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

College Fan wrote:From what I understand O'Shea looks better this year. :shock:
I have seen them both play this year and Krob played one good game at the right time. To say he can't do it again would be wrong cause he could but could he go and have a bad game or one you would be use to him playing yes. With both goalies being inconsistant you might as well give him the game after he has a good one.
hockeytime

Post by hockeytime »

EV goalie let up a lot of huge rebounds and the refs a few quick whistles that saved possible goals but both goalies had around thrity shots, EP's fowards had many missed oppurtunites due to their sicks being at their waist. Coaching might have played a part
HockeyGuy1515

Post by HockeyGuy1515 »

[quote="College Fan"]From what I understand O'Shea looks better this year. :shock:[/quote]

From what I understand it could be said that both goalies have played consistantly. Numbers don't lie --- Edina was number one and O'Shea gave up 4 goals, EP was #6 and Krob gave up 2. Against a poor AV offense O'Shea gave up 3 goals and against a poor LV offense Krob gave up 2. I think both of these goalies have played pretty well and there really hasn't been any difference besides the age of the individuals playing. I think now both goaltenders have over 30 saves in a game as well which is a tough feat against the talented teams of Edina and EP. I think EV will stay with Krob with the game he played on Tues Night. But unless one of these goalies gets on a steak I would expect them to continue to switch off during the remainder of the season with Krob seeing 2 to 1 in games played.

We'll see though Hockey is a funny game and especially when dealing with goaltenders you don't know which way they will go.
breakout

Post by breakout »

hockeytime wrote:EV goalie let up a lot of huge rebounds and the refs a few quick whistles that saved possible goals but both goalies had around thrity shots, EP's fowards had many missed oppurtunites due to their sicks being at their waist. Coaching might have played a part
I hear it's tough to score with sticks waist high
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

Edina was number one and O'Shea gave up 4 goals
Two of those coming with under 2 minutes left in the first, one with 15 seconds left
nikebauerhockey21

Post by nikebauerhockey21 »

Chaska has goaltending problems among other things. The people who were saying otherwise before the season started should have fun eating their words through out the season!
HockeyGuy1515

Post by HockeyGuy1515 »

[quote="STEV16"][quote]Edina was number one and O'Shea gave up 4 goals[/quote]

Two of those coming with under 2 minutes left in the first, one with 15 seconds left[/quote]

I actually was at this game and he did play very well. However Eastview did a great job of keeping the shots from the perimeter and on many of the odd man rushes Edina was able to create ended up with them missing the net altogether. They could have easily put 40+ shots on this kid and probably would have converted on a few of these opportunities. Overall that game proved why Edina is the number one team in the State. Lee also makes that second line very potent which is something that really stood out.
EHS24

Post by EHS24 »

Eagan 6
Chaska 0

Thorn #24 for eagan got 3 of those and olson roberts and caron each got one. Eagans goalie caspar played very well