Cretin/Breck

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HShockeywatcher

Cretin/Breck

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Breck defeated Cretin 6-3 last night.

Is Cretin down this year? Is Breck good again?
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Yes and yes

AY 8)
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Breck came out flying and never looked back. They scored the first goal and never gave up the lead. Bohrer looked great for Cretin, but the rest of the guys looked flat. The goalie had a rough night, but in his defense the Mustangs had some very pretty goals (2 or 3 of them shorthanded).

The Breck Goalie made some great stops and had the answer for the boys from St. Paul with the exception of Bohrer.

I wonder what PACKER BOY is thinking about that class A "B-squad" crap" now!
Zoltan27

Post by Zoltan27 »

I have 2 things to say.

the the gr8 2-1 2-3 nipeshow and reid herd

i think they had like 14 points totall last night
wow fun to watch

they really made a statement to everyone

and to blake
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Zoltan27 wrote:I have 2 things to say.

the the gr8 2-1 2-3 nipeshow and reid herd

i think they had like 14 points totall last night
wow fun to watch

they really made a statement to everyone

and to blake
I agree that they made a statement to everyone, but probably more importantly, they made a statement to themselves that they can dominate a heavily favored team. I also agree to some extent about the statement to their perpetual rival Blake as it was basically a mirror image of the result from Blake's game with CDH last week.

Not sure however what "the the gr8 2-1 2-3 nipeshow and reid herd" means but I think I like that too!
i play hockey

Post by i play hockey »

21: Rehkamp
23: Fulton

and Reid Herd dominated

I think that's what Zoltan meant...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Goldy23 wrote: I wonder what PACKER BOY is thinking about that class A "B-squad" crap" now!
The time to measure your team is in March, not December. Come then, only one of these two teams will challenge for the honor of playing before a packed house on Saturday night at the X.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Goldy23 wrote: I wonder what PACKER BOY is thinking about that class A "B-squad" crap" now!
The time to measure your team is in March, not December. Come then, only one of these two teams will challenge for the honor of playing before a packed house on Saturday night at the X.
Well said Neut . These Bsquad boys need to slug it out thru a AA section when the bench gets a little shorter and the intensity level goes way up. Let's see Breck get through a real section during Lent.

As far as the game goes last night, the score was not a reflection of the play.

It was one of those games where CDH would control play and not score and then Breck would get a chance and it would go in.

CDH outshot Breck and had the better of the play in the 2nd and third period. But give Breck credit for burying their chances.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
By the look of last nights game neither will be playing Saturday night in March as Breck would be playing in the afternoon and CDH will be done a week earlier.

And Packerboy, your right last night score wasn't a reflection of the play...If it wasn't for the great play and a late meaningless goal by Bohrer (who is a stud) it would have been even worse. CDH was never in the game, with the exception on a 2 minute span in the 3rd period when they had a 5 on 3 advantage and still coudn't muster a tally.

The Breck team with a dozen sophs and 3 very talented upperclassmen are only going to get better as the season goes on!
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Goldy23 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
By the look of last nights game neither will be playing Saturday night in March as Breck would be playing in the afternoon and CDH will be done a week earlier.
Well, I dunno Bsquad boy, you wiil have to beat St Michael/ Albertville and Holy Family first. Just be glad Sleepy Eye isnt in your section. What a joke.

But hey, you and HShockeywatcher can do brunch right before your little Saturday morning game.
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

C'mon you clown, PB. I'll agree that if you want to be considered the best you need to make the move to the AA level. That in no way means that all the A level teams are garbage and could not contend. I would expect more from you than to engage in this sophmoric debate. Besides, I wouldn't classify CDH's section the past 2 years as a powerhouse. What did they have to beat - Tartan and Woodbury?

AY 8)
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

AngusYoung wrote:C'mon you clown, PB. I'll agree that if you want to be considered the best you need to make the move to the AA level. That in no way means that all the A level teams are garbage and could not contend. I would expect more from you than to engage in this sophmoric debate. Besides, I wouldn't classify CDH's section the past 2 years as a powerhouse. What did they have to beat - Tartan and Woodbury?

AY 8)
Come on AY, how can anyone pretend to know so little and pull it off.
No one said Bsquad teams are garbage.

The last 2 years CDH hasnt played in strong sections but that is not a significant issue with the Bsquaders. They seem to take pride in getting to their little year end tournament by beating schools who play 9man football.

I thought everbody knew that.

But hey, instead of meeting up between sessions on Thursday at the Liffey, lets do brunch on Saturday. :lol:
snipe0014

Post by snipe0014 »

hmm
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Exactly. Cretin sucks anyway!

AY 8)
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

AngusYoung wrote:Exactly. Cretin sucks anyway!

AY 8)
Strong point. :roll:
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Can't argue with that one can you PB, you cretin. I think snipe0014 said it best when he said, "hmm".

AY 8)
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

AngusYoung wrote:Can't argue with that one can you PB, you cretin. I think snipe0014 said it best when he said, "hmm".

AY 8)
Yah, "hmm" is a good one.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

packerboy wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:C'mon you clown, PB. I'll agree that if you want to be considered the best you need to make the move to the AA level. That in no way means that all the A level teams are garbage and could not contend. I would expect more from you than to engage in this sophmoric debate. Besides, I wouldn't classify CDH's section the past 2 years as a powerhouse. What did they have to beat - Tartan and Woodbury?

AY 8)
Come on AY, how can anyone pretend to know so little and pull it off.
No one said Bsquad teams are garbage.

The last 2 years CDH hasnt played in strong sections but that is not a significant issue with the Bsquaders. They seem to take pride in getting to their little year end tournament by beating schools who play 9man football.

I thought everbody knew that.

But hey, instead of meeting up between sessions on Thursday at the Liffey, lets do brunch on Saturday. :lol:
All I hear is Blah, Blah, Blah. An more talk about March, Whah, Whah, Whah. Isn't that a convienient diversion tactic when the mighty fall to the little old single A school. I love the "yeah but" theory. I'll admit that most AA programs are deeper that A programs, but that doesn't mean that they are always better. All schools have ups and downs no matter the size. 6-3 nuff said!

p.s. Marshall is probably going to beat them as well!!!
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

CDH is a Class A size school that opts up , genius.

However, it did win the AA Championship 2 years ago. As have HM , AHA, Grand Radpids and Roseau.

Do that and then we will talk. Nuf said.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Since we're on the topic, where is the list of the schools and their enrollments?
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

packerboy wrote:CDH is a Class A size school that opts up , genius.

However, it did win the AA Championship 2 years ago. As have HM , AHA, Grand Radpids and Roseau.

Hey Fudge,

You don't need to be a genius to read the boxscore. BRECK 6 Two year removed state chumps CDH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes Breck BETTER this year!
saintpaulhockey

Post by saintpaulhockey »

CDH got to the arena at 8:10 and was on the ice by 8:20. After a 2 hour rude bus ride, they came out slow in the first period. Breck was quick out of the gates, and buried a quick goal and then got a deflection to bounce in for a 2-0 lead. By the end of the 1rst CDh was down 2-1 but very much IN the game. The majority of the second and third periods were dominated by CDH, but Breck buried their oppurtunities and CDH didnt. Gotta hand it to Breck, they know how to capitalize. Goaltending was also a major factor for CDH in this game. Breck wanted it more, it was a very high tempo game.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

saintpaulhockey wrote:CDH got to the arena at 8:10 and was on the ice by 8:20. After a 2 hour rude bus ride, they came out slow in the first period. Breck was quick out of the gates, and buried a quick goal and then got a deflection to bounce in for a 2-0 lead. By the end of the 1rst CDh was down 2-1 but very much IN the game. The majority of the second and third periods were dominated by CDH, but Breck buried their oppurtunities and CDH didnt. Gotta hand it to Breck, they know how to capitalize. Goaltending was also a major factor for CDH in this game. Breck wanted it more, it was a very high tempo game.
SPH,

Its good to see there are a few well balanced, objective, non delusional CDH fans out there. It was a good game.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

packerboy wrote:CDH is a Class A size school that opts up , genius.

That opting up statement is a pretty bold considering that CDH is only 40 students away from being AA anyway. Breck, Blake and the like are 950+ shy of being to the minimum level of AA.

1319 students and they can't score more than 3 goals against a "B squad" team like Breck. What does that make them? C squad? :lol:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Goldy23 wrote:
packerboy wrote: Breck, Blake and the like are 950+ shy of being to the minimum level of AA.

1319 students and they can't score more than 3 goals against a "B squad" team like Breck. What does that make them? C squad? :lol:

Only from an education standpoint :roll: