Warroad Vs. Mound, Warroad Vs. Orono

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bauerhock16

Warroad Vs. Mound, Warroad Vs. Orono

Post by bauerhock16 »

Warroad plays mound thursday and Orono friday, whats gunna take in these two games?
suntzu

Post by suntzu »

Games are Friday (Mound) and Saturday (Orono).
gino2516

Post by gino2516 »

warroad... 2-0
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I might have to see one or both of these.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

What's it going to take? Some sort, any sort, of goaltending for Warroad. They're going to score enough goals, but they are going to need to shore up the d-zone...That being said, warroad takes both.
G-Nos616

Post by G-Nos616 »

Warroad takes both but watch for that warroad vs. mound game to be closer than expected. Mound has some firepower up front and a decent goalie. ill say warroad 5-4. that warroad orono game will go to warroad easily. Orono's weak goalie won't be able to handle all the shots.
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

Im saying Warroad goes 0-2. Mound keeps up the good play and Orono pulls their heads outta the clouds from last year and realize what they can do.
MW 5
War. 3

Orono 4
War. 3
rayfinkel

Post by rayfinkel »

Ill say that warroad goes 1-1. Mound has a some great forwards and a team that could turn some heads this year. With Warroad needing some help in the Dzone. Ill say 5-3 mound.

As for the orono game ill say 6-2 warroad.
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

MNHocker444 wrote:Im saying Warroad goes 0-2. Mound keeps up the good play and Orono pulls their heads outta the clouds from last year and realize what they can do.
MW 5
War. 3

Orono 4
War. 3
:shock: ...what kind of odds are you giving? Whatever it is I'll take some of that action.

Funny part is you guys believe Warroad is weak in the d-zone. They started out against what very well could be a top 5 AA team in Red River that already had a game under their belt. Warriors were unprepared but this cities swing is a slightly different scenario.
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
SB24

Post by SB24 »

im for the most part talking about the play of the goalie. they did get caught up in the play a number of times in gf, but it was the first game against a very fast team. i would say this is the best d we have had sence 05.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

What time is the game in ORONO?
Saturday game, right?

Where is the rink in Orono?
SHAKEnBAKE

Post by SHAKEnBAKE »

I'm hoping to make it to both games...
I happened to see the Mound/Hibbing and the Mound/SLP games. Mound looked pretty sharp. Some good speed and some big D. No idea what to expect from Warroad this year? I'll go with Mound 4-3. Orono seams to get there act together for the tuff games plus Warroad might be worn down from the Mound game? Even with that said, Orono sounds like they're having some problems. Warroad 3 Orono 2.
Undercover Hockey Lover

E70...I believe 2PM start. The MSHSL site has a map to the Orono rink. It's down beyond the HS if that helps you out. If you want a between period "snack" you have to go INTO the van because the last time we were there some old codger got steamed that we were having "lunch" around the back of a pick-up enjoying a sunshiny afternoon....something about school property. :roll: Then again maybe he was just upset that we were fresh out of Samwiches. :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:E70...I believe 2PM start. The MSHSL site has a map to the Orono rink. It's down beyond the HS if that helps you out. If you want a between period "snack" you have to go INTO the van because the last time we were there some old codger got steamed that we were having "lunch" around the back of a pick-up enjoying a sunshiny afternoon....something about school property. :roll: Then again maybe he was just upset that we were fresh out of Samwiches. :lol:
Found the rink.
Meeting is supposed to go to 3pm.
If game is at 2 - I'll miss the first period.
Game list on MSHSL site is 1pm - I will miss more.
Think I will leave the meeting at 2, that way I will catch some of it.
Undercover Hockey Lover

FollowThePuck.com has it listed at 2PM...after a 7pm game Friday I'm ASSUMING it would be 2 but you know what happens when you do that. I guess I'll follow the caravan that is unless Ginny's leadin'. :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Orono varsity site shows JV at 2pm, varsity at 4pm.
moundhockey

Post by moundhockey »

mound beat warroad 3-1
Last edited by moundhockey on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moundhockey

Post by moundhockey »

orono lost to warroad in OT 3-2 and Mound beat Lake of the woods 4-1 tonight
Undercover Hockey Lover

Score posted earlier 3 - 2 OT. Third period started 2 - 0 Orono. Tale of the tape...SOG's 47 to 16 in favor of Warroad.

My three stars: #1 Orono Goalie fantastic effort. #2. Warroad's Tri-Captains they willed this win. #3. The Scorebook guy...my hand would have been numb by middle of second period. Honorary Mention...The Mango Salsa. :wink:

That said this may have been the biggest exhibition of "Look at ME, I'm the Referee" I've EVER seen by the bigger guy with the orange stripes on. Please don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining on behalf of Warroad but of both teams. He made more mystery calls than in an Agatha Christie novel. MAYBE a total of 8 minute of 5 on 5 hockey in an OT game. The Orono parents said Gee..We wish we could take the teams out to a pond without refs and throw a puck out and let the boys go at it. God AWFUL job guy; if you read this you were an embarassment. :roll: Biggest cheer out of the entire crowd the whole game was when this ref gets smoked along the boards about halfway through the third. :lol:
slashman42

Post by slashman42 »

Hahn with the game winner! WOOT!
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

moundhockey wrote:mound beat warroad 3-1, watch out orono, thats all i have to say
I wonder where your from... wait, who should Orono be afraid of?
Undercover Hockey Lover

:shock: ....Were you at this game? I had long time Orono fans say they didn't have to flood the ice in Warroad's end the first two periods. Without a gutsy performance by the Orono goalie this game is running time. If Orono doesn't get a stand on his head performance from their goalie the Whitehawks run it up in a laugher..... :wink:
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

Kind of hard to get offense going when you have to kill of 15 penealties in a game, but just a thought. Orono will take care of mound in my opinion like they usually do.
Undercover Hockey Lover

444, Didn't answer the question did you bother to show up? Or are you going on second hand info. Warroad killed about a dozen themselves. You know what excuses are and you sound like one. Mound handles Orono...no problem. :wink:
MNHocker444

Post by MNHocker444 »

Yes, I actually was there, and 5 on 5 looked to me like Orono could handle Warroad. I would of loved to see a 5 on 5 game instead of BOTH teams in the box the whole entire game due to QUESTIONABLE? penealties. Ref of the game was by far the worst I have seen in a couple years now, BOTH ways. 5 on 5 would have been a much better game.