Scouts

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wisconsinprephockey

Scouts

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Just wondering, is anyone out there a scout for any level of hockey?
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

I'm a scout for the mini mites...do you have a question? :lol:
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
breakout

Post by breakout »

SiouxRecruit wrote:I'm a scout for the mini mites...do you have a question? :lol:

I do, is it too early for my Mite to commit to the U of M? :?
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

I know my hockey really well (especially high school), to become a scout, what type of background credentials would be needed? Or is playing experience at the higher levels (college D-1, professionally) the only thing that really matters? I know I don't have much chance of landing a D-1 position, so are my dreams of being a scout lost ones?

Also, the same questions apply to a high school hockey coach, or even better, a D-1 hockey coach?
Flak14

Post by Flak14 »

sicknasty7722 wrote:I know my hockey really well (especially high school), to become a scout, what type of background credentials would be needed? Or is playing experience at the higher levels (college D-1, professionally) the only thing that really matters? I know I don't have much chance of landing a D-1 position, so are my dreams of being a scout lost ones?

Also, the same questions apply to a high school hockey coach, or even better, a D-1 hockey coach?

If you dont think yoo could be a D-1 scout you could always try to be one for Breck or Roseau cause we all know they do
Flak AIR
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

Sicknasty7722,

If you are serious about this, why don't you approach the High School Elite League and ask if you can volunteer to scout for them. They have scouts at most of the key games and they are usually just volunteers who have some connection to the league. At least this would give you some experience and possibly provide you with some contacts.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

Charliedog wrote:Sicknasty7722,

If you are serious about this, why don't you approach the High School Elite League and ask if you can volunteer to scout for them. They have scouts at most of the key games and they are usually just volunteers who have some connection to the league. At least this would give you some experience and possibly provide you with some contacts.
I'm still in high school. :oops: Is there certain degrees for someone who is a scout/ a d-1 hockey coach?
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

sicknasty7722 wrote:
Charliedog wrote:Sicknasty7722,

I'm still in high school. :oops: Is there certain degrees for someone who is a scout/ a d-1 hockey coach?
Get a teaching, physiology or psychology degree and start coaching. Volunteer your time and talents at your local youth hockey organization and see if you can start working with the HS coach as an assistant. Most schools hire a teacher for a coaching position first. If a suitable candidate is not interested, they go outside the school.

Email some D-1 coaches and see if thy can suggest a carrer path for you to follow.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

A coaching minor never hurts either...

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

[quote="breakout"][quote="SiouxRecruit"]I'm a scout for the mini mites...do you have a question? :lol:[/quote]

I do, is it too early for my Mite to commit to the U of M? :?[/quote]

Never too early for the U, have the next one commit the day after conception
hiptzech

Post by hiptzech »

breakout wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:I'm a scout for the mini mites...do you have a question? :lol:

I do, is it too early for my Mite to commit to the U of M? :?
Breakout,

It not that it is too early, you are actually late. If you haven't been contacted by now you kid want make it. Start considering Alaska Anchorage, this isn't a bad choice considering that he could be a late bloomer. Just a thought, good luck to your never been mite. :P
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

flak 14 you are stoned out of your mind when you say roseau scouts. ill tell you how bad roseau scouts they stop kids from coming in. it seems like their may be a new player coming in here and their but who can blame people for wanting to be part of the roseau program.. people come on their own free will theirs no donut dangeling.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

watchdog wrote:flak 14 you are stoned out of your mind when you say roseau scouts. ill tell you how bad roseau scouts they stop kids from coming in. it seems like their may be a new player coming in here and their but who can blame people for wanting to be part of the roseau program.. people come on their own free will theirs no donut dangeling.
I think he has confused Roseau with Warroad. :lol:
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

watchdog wrote:flak 14 you are stoned out of your mind when you say roseau scouts. ill tell you how bad roseau scouts they stop kids from coming in. it seems like their may be a new player coming in here and their but who can blame people for wanting to be part of the roseau program.. people come on their own free will theirs no donut dangeling.
I also think he has "scouting" confused with "recruiting". Get a clue. :roll:

AY 8)
wisconsinprephockey

Also the ISS has an 8 week online course for scouting training. It costs 1000 bucks. Anyone know if this is credible or would help you with a career in scouting? Or is it just some sort of way for them to make extra cash?
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

wisconsinprephockey wrote:Also the ISS has an 8 week online course for scouting training. It costs 1000 bucks. Anyone know if this is credible or would help you with a career in scouting? Or is it just some sort of way for them to make extra cash?
Anybody have some swamp land to sell him?
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

watchdog...did a new batch of the good stuff just sneak across the border from Sundown? 8) Like WOW man.... :wink:
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
Flak14

Post by Flak14 »

If you are good and want to play, marvin windows will give the parents a good paying job no problem
Flak AIR
Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

Gee...that's a new one. :? Curious what does that have to do with a thread about SCOUTS? Enlighten me please.
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!
wisconsinprephockey

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote: Anybody have some swamp land to sell him?
I don't quite get what swamp land has to do with the ISS

Anybody have any actual information?
suntzu

Post by suntzu »

wisconsinprephockey wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote: Anybody have some swamp land to sell him?
I don't quite get what swamp land has to do with the ISS

Anybody have any actual information?

In other words, don't waste your time. A scouting job will come through experience and connections. Blowing a grand on a course isn't going to help you become a scout if that is what your goal is.

Start doing some work (for free if you have to) and begin to build your resume and and your contact list.
blainebengalhockey10

Post by blainebengalhockey10 »

lol im takin the other path.... agent