If I were a Pioneer Forward....

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pistol

Post by pistol »

If I were a Pioneer Forward, I would like to be the one who had more heart and hustle than height and weight.

I would keep track of the number of times I skated the length of ice, forechecking and backchecking, each shift. That's how many wind sprints I would do each morning, before bacon and eggs, just to see if I could shave some time and do it without resting.

I would become as strong on the backcheck as I am crashing the other net.

In the big game, I would pick up the puck on the backcheck and leave their last defender at his blue line with only their goaltender between me and historic twine. Everyone is standing, and all eyes are on me... including their goaltender... who is hugging the goalpost and not leaving me much daylight. I fake a look over my shoulder to get the goalie to move, make him honor the pass. Damn! I have a linemate trailing me! A one-timer from him would hit empty net! But if I just make a monster cut in front of the crease, myself, I might be able to five-hole it and make all the highlight shows....

"What a great pass," shouts Lou Nanne!

What the heck... I realized that quarterbacks get all the pretty girls without crossing the goal line themselves, so I passed it. I get a championship medal, and the assist added as much to my point totals as a goal would have.

How about you?
Goldy Gopher

Re: If I were a Pioneer Forward....

Post by Goldy Gopher »

pistol wrote:If I were a Pioneer Forward, I would like to be the one who had more heart and hustle than height and weight.

I would keep track of the number of times I skated the length of ice, forechecking and backchecking, each shift. That's how many wind sprints I would do each morning, before bacon and eggs, just to see if I could shave some time and do it without resting.

I would become as strong on the backcheck as I am crashing the other net.

In the big game, I would pick up the puck on the backcheck and leave their last defender at his blue line with only their goaltender between me and historic twine. Everyone is standing, and all eyes are on me... including their goaltender... who is hugging the goalpost and not leaving me much daylight. I fake a look over my shoulder to get the goalie to move, make him honor the pass. Damn! I have a linemate trailing me! A one-timer from him would hit empty net! But if I just make a monster cut in front of the crease, myself, I might be able to five-hole it and make all the highlight shows....

"What a great pass," shouts Lou Nanne!

What the heck... I realized that quarterbacks get all the pretty girls without crossing the goal line themselves, so I passed it. I get a championship medal, and the assist added as much to my point totals as a goal would have.

How about you?
Where are you going with this?
The U invented swagger.
pistol

Post by pistol »

That is up to you... What kind of player would you be as a Pioneer?
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

I second Goldy.. What?
jbhagel81

Post by jbhagel81 »

i third goldy

dude what are you talking about? no one has any idea where you are going with that...plus. this is a hockey forum. not a poem writing forum. take it some where else...your probably a washed up junior gold wanna be pioneer forward. save it.
pistol

Post by pistol »

It ain't rocket science, professor! Get into armchair quarterback mode and put yourself into the skates of one of this year's State Champion Pioneers!

P. S. You guys think my posts are like poetry? Don't make me blush.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

I'm not sure what you boys don't understand. The post was good. The fact that he thinks the Pioneers will win state is what makes him delusional. :lol: Right colors though!
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:I'm not sure what you boys don't understand. The post was good. The fact that he thinks the Pioneers will win state is what makes him delusional. :lol: Right colors though!

Good drugs will make you see colors :lol:

That's what I heard anyway :D
pistol

Post by pistol »

Lex is going to bench all you guys... even if it is the State Tourney!
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

If I were a Pioneer forward...

I would transfer
breakout

Post by breakout »

pistol wrote:Lex is going to bench all you guys... even if it is the State Tourney!

Where do you think I get my stuff 8-[
pistol

Post by pistol »

MNsGreatest#2 wrote:If I were a Pioneer forward... I would transfer
MNsG#2 is skating through the neutral zone. What do I do? He used to be one of my teammates after all...

"Wow," cries Lou Nanne. "Did you see that hit? 'Cause MNsGreatest#2 never did!"
jbhagel81

Post by jbhagel81 »

MNsGreatest#2 wrote:If I were a Pioneer forward...

I would transfer
HAHAHAHAHAH-greatest response there is!i agree!
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

I would transfer
TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL AT THAT!!
pistol

Post by pistol »

wbmd wrote:

I would transfer
Sounds good... there I could be a star... watching the tourney from home isn't something I'd dream about, though.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

pistol wrote:
wbmd wrote:

I would transfer
Sounds good... there I could be a star... watching the tourney from home isn't something I'd dream about, though.
But you just might end up doing that.
Last edited by wbmd on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northwoods oldtimer

Pioneer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

I will go there with you son. If I were a Pioneer I would bring my lunch pail every shift get in the corners and work my butt off setting up the goal scorer.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

...I would not post on a message board.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

pistol wrote:
MNsGreatest#2 wrote:If I were a Pioneer forward... I would transfer
MNsG#2 is skating through the neutral zone. What do I do? He used to be one of my teammates after all...

Nice work, Pistol. This one is a classic. If I were a Pioneer forward, I would start doing as many squats as I could to enable me to hold up the medal I will be awarded in March and I would also get a new hair style so I look good when I meet Ankles Pierre, Jr..

AY 8)
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

Or even better yet, I would transfer to White Bear Lake, wax those sorry bastards
MNsGreatest#2

Post by MNsGreatest#2 »

AngusYoung wrote:
pistol wrote:MNsG#2 is skating through the neutral zone. What do I do? He used to be one of my teammates after all...

Nice work, Pistol. This one is a classic. If I were a Pioneer forward, I would start doing as many squats as I could to enable me to hold up the medal I will be awarded in March and I would also get a new hair style so I look good when I meet Ankles Pierre, Jr..

AY 8)
Lou screams, thank god MNsG is absolutly ripped, and despite the fact that pistol delivered the blow, the HM forward is being dragged off the ice on a stretcher.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:...I would not post on a message board.

:idea:

:lol: :lol: =D> =D>

But if I were, I would be out of position and the goal would be empty- I would think they would have been able to do better with their choice of an extra skater.
Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE »

If I were a Pioneer forward i would try to convince Dan Sova that there is still time for him to try his luck at Basketball :)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

... I'd look at this thread, immediately identify it as lame, and be truly embarrassed.
Can't Never Tried

Re: If I were a Pioneer Forward....

Post by Can't Never Tried »

pistol wrote:If I were a Pioneer Forward,

How about you?
Well I think I'd ask to be on the line with the normal kids :P