I guess AHA won't go undefeated...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HShockeywatcher

I guess AHA won't go undefeated...

Post by HShockeywatcher » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Sure, 7 goals, but 8 GA?! What's the year look like for this team? That's two more goals than any team scored on them last year...

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:07 pm

They finally met up with a team who had the guns to stick with them

gostars4

Post by gostars4 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 pm

so you are saying aha lost 8-7 to rosemount

gostars4

Post by gostars4 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 pm

nevermind. aha still needs to learn how to play better as a team

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 pm

Yes AHA lost to Rosemount and on any given day you can beat anyone. Had this game been in January, the outcome would probably be different.

AHA was in complete control in the first period with Danny Mattson scoring a short-handed goal, then getting a second goal before Rosemount scored. IN the second period it was all Rosemount. They were hitting hard and putting everything on the net. They rattled off six goals before AHA got their third goal.
The third period was back and fourth hockey with Rosemount scoring each time AHA scored. Then AHA poured it on late in the third and got to within one, almost tying it up.
Shots were 34 - 24 for AHA, Brown for Rosemount got a hat-trick and Mattson for AHA got 5 points.

Not a bad game for AHA considering it was their first game with a whole bunch of young players. In a couple of weeks they will be clicking and this game will be just a notch in the loss column.

Rosemount is a pretty good team, they may make some noise in the section. They play hard and are real physical. they also have some pretty good forwards. Their goalie made some key saves tonight also.

I enjoyed the game....

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Zamman wrote:I enjoyed the game....
Zamman...that says it all right there. AMEN. :D
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!

shaneco

Post by shaneco » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:19 pm

Rosemount dang near blew it in the last second too. It was the most ridiculous game I have seen. 15 goals in a game of top 20 teams.....Jesus, lol. Big props to HA for coming back and almost tying it after being down 7-4 at one point with about 6 min left in the game

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:42 pm

Zamman-

I thought you retired from Richfield...

Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 am

Tigers33 wrote:Zamman-

This doesn't surprise me. I watched these two teams play last year in the playoffs with in a similar back-and-forth type of game. Who was in goal for the Stars?

Rosemount might sneak up on everyone this year. They're talented.

BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:45 am

Yes AHA lost to Rosemount and on any given day you can beat anyone. Had this game been in January, the outcome would probably be different.

Thats going out on a limb. I guess you could say. If this game was played this Sunday the outcome would be different too. Give Rosemount some credit.
Facts are, a good Rosemount team beat a good AHA team. From the sounds of it. AHA has been average so far this season. Must have been a bad recruiting year. :wink:
Or maybe the team is too young. Either way. AHA is playing like good team. Not a great team. :roll:

Good luck to AHA the rest of the way.........
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 am

Nope I am still working there. Love my job and do not plan on leaving anytime soon.

"Rosemount is a pretty good team, they may make some noise in the section. They play hard and are real physical. they also have some pretty good forwards. Their goalie made some key saves tonight also."

That sounds like I was giving credit to Rosemount, and AHA has played only one game while Rosemount has played five. When AHA has their lines down and are playing all together, yes the outcome would be different.

As far as the recruiting shot, nice try. Last year there were 10 freshman on the JV and they are now sophomores and there are three freshman playing on the varsity.

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:02 am

Zamman wrote:

As far as the recruiting shot, nice try. Last year there were 10 freshman on the JV and they are now sophomores and there are three freshman playing on the varsity.
Consider the source :roll:

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:20 am

breakout wrote:
Zamman wrote:

Speaking of sources, Zamman should have the honor of starting a thread when St. Thomas loses their first game.

I mean, whats with that? NOBODY was predicting AHA to go undefeated, yet the poster couldn't wait to rub AHA fans nose in it. Pathetic.

ROOK EYE

Post by ROOK EYE » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:30 am

Face it Neutron. Same thing every year for AHA. No consistency.. Until they learn to play as a team they won't advance. C'mon This wasn't the first scrimmage of the year.

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:33 am

ROOK EYE wrote:Face it Neutron. Same thing every year for AHA. No consistency.. Until they learn to play as a team they won't advance. C'mon This wasn't the first scrimmage of the year.
Where in my post do I make excuses as to why AHA lost?

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:
Zamman wrote:

Speaking of sources, Zamman should have the honor of starting a thread when St. Thomas loses their first game.

I mean, whats with that? NOBODY was predicting AHA to go undefeated, yet the poster couldn't wait to rub AHA fans nose in it. Pathetic.
I thought you were ignoring him.

Yup, AHA is inconsitent every year. I especialy remember the years 2002 and 2005. Just terrible :lol:

I have yet to see a high school hockey team that is consistent.

ya-man

Post by ya-man » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am

I'm surprised by this outcome. Not that AHA lost because I thought it would be a very good game based on last years section game. Rosemount has a very good team and I think they marked their schedule for this one. I'm just surprised by the score, I was certain that AHA would be a sound defensive team.

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:12 am

gostars4 wrote:so you are saying aha lost 8-7 to rosemount

It appears that AHA doesn't have problems scoring goals.

Maybe some work on D, team D (forwards helping defend) and goaltending?

Trebil is an outstanding coach. He will get the most out of what he's got.

kickinwing

Post by kickinwing » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:16 am

aha is an amazing team . it seems the more they lose the better they are. i feel sorry for the irish they beat an inferior team , thats gotta hurt!!!!!!!!!

breakout

Post by breakout » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 am

ROOK EYE wrote:Face it Neutron. Same thing every year for AHA. No consistency.. Until they learn to play as a team they won't advance. C'mon This wasn't the first scrimmage of the year.

What do you know about Holy Angels? Two of your three posts were about STA or STA players :roll:

Consistency? AHA has been consistently good for a number of years.

BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 am

What goaltender played in the game?

tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Boerger played. the other goalie is out a few weeks because of some things he did over the summer.

BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:57 pm

Is the other goalie the kid that was down at Shattuck for a few years? I can't think of the name but he is from Edina.

pistol

Post by pistol » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 pm

packerboy wrote:I have yet to see a high school hockey team that is consistent.
Time to jump on someone else's bandwagon then?

TheMeanRichJokeMan

Post by TheMeanRichJokeMan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Yep, No consistency at all for AHA. The haven't lost often in the last 5 years and have two state titles in that same amount of time. In fact I don't think anyone is even close in terms of winning percentage in the last 5-7 years.

They lost a game (one single game) which happened to the first of the season and suddenly they are inconsistent. Maybe you should look up consistent in the dictonary so you can fully understand the meaning of the word before you post it on the internet for all to see. AHA has been the definition of consistency in high school hockey.

I suspect you haven't heard the last of AHA this year. Anyone who thinks this means anything in the grand scheme of things is deluding themselves.