ROSEMOUNT

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ROOK EYE

ROSEMOUNT

Post by ROOK EYE »

How good would this team be with James Sainty and Ryan Walters??
BladeButter44

Post by BladeButter44 »

Arn't both at STA?
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

to answer the first question: pretty good, although I think that they wouldnt have the same level of physical play or determination they have now, which is what makes them so much better than last year. They also lost another kid to Cretin a few years back. It almost wouldnt be fair for any other team that played them if they still had all these guys. Dont forget though if werent for transfers, Rosemount would be without their starting goalie and a second line Defenseman.

The second question: yes, but they are both from Rosemount.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Rosemounts Bantam A hockey team won they State Championship with the year that this years seniors were second year bantams...and trust me they were really really good.
breakout

Post by breakout »

eagle4life9 wrote:Rosemounts Bantam A hockey team won they State Championship with the year that this years seniors were second year bantams...and trust me they were really really good.

What state championship was that?

Centennial won the State Championship that year.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote:
eagle4life9 wrote:Rosemounts Bantam A hockey team won they State Championship with the year that this years seniors were second year bantams...and trust me they were really really good.

I think your off a year breakout...

This years Seniors - Edina beat Centennial
This years Juniors - Centennial beat Edina
This years Sophs - E.P. beat Centennial
fubar-errr-what

Post by fubar-errr-what »

VFW state champs
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:

I think your off a year breakout...

This years Seniors - Edina beat Centennial
This years Juniors - Centennial beat Edina
This years Sophs - E.P. beat Centennial
You are correct...........Thanks!
breakout

Post by breakout »

fubar-errr-what wrote:VFW state champs

Does that count as a real state championship? :-k

Were all the best teams there?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote:

Regardless Breakout, you being a knowledgable sort, are aware of how good that Rosemount team was. Stop teasing 'em. Sleeping dogs ya know....
behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice »

The final teams included also included EP and Roseau.
Centennial was beat by EP to get in. EDINA is to to play VFW
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

just to warn everyone. When Rosemount and Bville play at Bville its gonna be an electric atmosphere and entertaining game. These to teams have hated eachother since peewees. If you want physicality check this game out
boomer

Post by boomer »

They would be so sick.

Could you imagine Walters(Committed to the gophers as a soph.) JT Brown(has has 3 consecutive hat tricks including aginst AHA) and James Sainty playing together. It wouldn't even be a game cause everyone they play against would get worked.
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

[quote="boomer"]They would be so sick.

Could you imagine Walters(Committed to the gophers as a soph.) JT Brown(has has 3 consecutive hat tricks including aginst AHA) and James Sainty playing together. It wouldn't even be a game cause everyone they play against would get worked.[/quote

The Rosemount Irish will come out of there section this season and be in the state tournament... :D
STEV16

Post by STEV16 »

The Rosemount Irish will come out of there section this season and be in the state tournament...
Pretty confident huh?
They would have to go through Eastview, CDH, and Woodbury.
whatitdobaby

Post by whatitdobaby »

STEV16 wrote:
Pretty confident huh?
They would have to go through Eastview, CDH, and Woodbury.
They wouldn't have to go through all 3 of those teams. More than likely the top 4 teams of the section will be CDH, Woodbury, Rosemount, and Eastview. That being said, they would only have to play 2 of the teams.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:

Regardless Breakout, you being a knowledgable sort, are aware of how good that Rosemount team was. Stop teasing 'em. Sleeping dogs ya know....
Got to stir it up once in awhile

You know your team won the real state championship :wink:
saintpaulhockey

Rosemount

Post by saintpaulhockey »

They are a good team but the loss to Jefferson was alarming. Jefferson did'nt seem to be a great team when I saw them - but I know to never judge a team from a score. So we'll see.
All-Conference

Post by All-Conference »

This is Rosemounts year. The Seniors that are on the team have played together for many years now and with the talent like JT Brown and Nate Percy along with many others they will be a tough opponent come section time. The game against AHA was probably the best high school hockey game I've ever seen. Lets just hope the Irish can take advantage of this year because next year they could go winless. This is Rosemounts year and I'd like nothing more then to see the Irish back in the state tourny!
BoogeyMan

Re: ROSEMOUNT

Post by BoogeyMan »

ROOK EYE wrote:How good would this team be with James Sainty and Ryan Walters??
Would've, could've, should've? I think every school in the state of Minnesota could ask the same question.
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Does anyone know the score of their game tonight? They played Kennedy so I assume they won but I want to know how many goals they scored.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

eagle4life9 wrote:Does anyone know the score of their game tonight? They played Kennedy so I assume they won but I want to know how many goals they scored.
I put this in the scores topic but i'll put it here to..

Rosemount-10
Kennedy-0

Goals: Percy(3),Anderson(3),Brown(1), Porter(1),Mcmanus(1),Comstock(1)

Brown made an unselfish play that was so classy, shorthanded pass to Percy for his second. Brown Porter Percy line saw verrry limited ice time, i counted 5 or 6 shifts...yeah they dominated play for those. Girouard(sp?) played very well for the shutout.
The Weight Room

Re: Rosemount

Post by The Weight Room »

saintpaulhockey wrote:They are a good team but the loss to Jefferson was alarming. Jefferson did'nt seem to be a great team when I saw them - but I know to never judge a team from a score. So we'll see.
That was just a bad game all around for the Irish. Being flat was the least of their problems. They got jobbed by the refs and the goals were weak goals (one off the skate of a Rosemount D, one breakaway, one PP, and 2 that morgan stops 9 out of 10 times). Also, the fact that Jefferson is an underrated team makes it seem worse than it is.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

All-Conference wrote:This is Rosemounts year. The Seniors that are on the team have played together for many years now and with the talent like JT Brown and Nate Percy along with many others they will be a tough opponent come section time. The game against AHA was probably the best high school hockey game I've ever seen. Lets just hope the Irish can take advantage of this year because next year they could go winless. This is Rosemounts year and I'd like nothing more then to see the Irish back in the state tourny!
You obviously have not seen many games. This was not the best game. Both teams gave up to many goals and had a lot of missed plays. AHA's goalie played with a broken foot so he was not 100%. AHA was playing their first game. Do not get me wrong, I give the props to Rosemount. I was impressed with their hitting and skating. But to call this a great game. Nope....
ironrangehockey55

Post by ironrangehockey55 »

bogeymen you need to be consistent with your posts about woulda coulda shoulda, you made the same claim for the twin cities gophers losing their players. shoulda coulda woulda with them as well. go bulldogs..