Moorhead @ Buffalo

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

doubleeagle

Moorhead @ Buffalo

Post by doubleeagle »

Is Buffalo as good as some are saying or will a young Moorhead team prevail?
Mister Hockey

Post by Mister Hockey »

Your team is not that good!!! Buffalo was tied in the second period with Cambridge 1-1 until a questionable penalty shot was called against Cambridge. It wasn't a penalty shot from what I was told and the Cambridge coaches went nuts. Well anyways the ref then gave Cambridge a bench penalty which killed them as the player scored on the penalty shot and then Buffalo scored on the power play as well. Four more power plays later it ended 7-1 Buffalo. It will be a different story in the rematch. At least much closer. OUT!!!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

spuds by 4 goals
mnorth5

Post by mnorth5 »

Mister Hockey wrote:Your team is not that good!!!

It's early in the season.
Yes I thought that penalty shot was questionable also.
But back to the topic. I'm hoping for an upset but can also see run time in
this one also...Slappy might have to lace up them skates.

Go Bison....
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Mister Hockey wrote:Your team is not that good!!! Buffalo was tied in the second period with Cambridge 1-1 until a questionable penalty shot was called against Cambridge. It wasn't a penalty shot from what I was told and the Cambridge coaches went nuts. Well anyways the ref then gave Cambridge a bench penalty which killed them as the player scored on the penalty shot and then Buffalo scored on the power play as well. Four more power plays later it ended 7-1 Buffalo. It will be a different story in the rematch. At least much closer. OUT!!!
Are you kidding me? It was tied in the first period and the last 7 minutes were run time...could have been much much much worse.

This game will end in a tie...
"Be a teammate first"
puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

SPUDS by 7 TATERS, not even a match, what was it last year???????while time changes somethings remain the same
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

puckeyone wrote:SPUDS by 7 TATERS, not even a match, what was it last year???????while time changes somethings remain the same
Unpuckeyone-

when you lose thirteen seniors and 3 or 4 d1 one prospects...things change.

Look at this way...the Bison stand a better chance beating the Spuds then a shrink does curing your brain damage.
"Be a teammate first"
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

HOFam'r wrote:
puckeyone wrote:SPUDS by 7 TATERS, not even a match, what was it last year???????while time changes somethings remain the same
Unpuckeyone-

when you lose thirteen seniors and 3 or 4 d1 one prospects...things change.

Look at this way...the Bison stand a better chance beating the Spuds then a shrink does curing your brain damage.
The game will be closer then the pissin match on here :lol:

puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

hey farmer, it might be tough to see through the fog of your brain, but when the lite shines it will be the lite behind the Bison goaltender, OPPPs that another goal. only time will tell, but do you honestlty think anybody other than faithfull Bison Heard could think of this upset,,, buts thats ok to be a HOMER , every team needs one
WayOutWest

Re: Moorhead @ Buffalo

Post by WayOutWest »

doubleeagle wrote:Is Buffalo as good as some are saying or will a young Moorhead team prevail?
You're kidding, right? :oops:
Moorehead might just let the JV skate this one, for them.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Any updates appreciated - not on radio today.
2nd string

Post by 2nd string »

Any radio links to this game
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Just found out my son's at the game. 1-1 after 1. Shots are 8-4 Spuds.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Gov's if you followed your poll and your at the game, please give us some updates :D
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

2-1 Taters PPG about 1 min into 2nd period.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

3-1 PPG by Altenbernd
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

4-1 PPG by Thielen, about 8 min left in 2nd. Shots 17-5. Think the Bison should try stayin' outa the cooler !
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

4-1 after 2, shots 24-8. Taters starting 3rd short handed for about 1:10.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

4-2 Bison PPG, Taters short-handed again, about 15:00 left.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

6-2 E/S goals by Wheeler & Rahman about 30 seconds apart. Shots 35-12.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

6-3 final, shots 35-14
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

SPUDNUT wrote:6-3 final, shots 35-14
Thanks for the paly by - nice to see how 8AA teams matchup

Tuesday night should be interesting. I think the Spuds will be better than anticipated. 8)
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Fargo wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:6-3 final, shots 35-14
Thanks for the paly by - nice to see how 8AA teams matchup

Tuesday night should be interesting. I think the Spuds will be better than anticipated. 8)
Bison have a huge discipline problem as they again spend a ton of time in the box. It's dissappointing to see so many worthless penalties. Congrats to Spuds who ran the Bison around in spurts tonight...I would hope the Bison could right the penalty ship but it appears they are destined to kill penalties this and not play hockey. Bison lost the game in the second period in a span of about three minutes they gave up 3 goals...end of game...
"Be a teammate first"
CitiesSpudsGuy

Spuds prevail

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

I was at the game and there were a ton of penalties on both sides. The refs made at least half a dozen interference calls that were pretty evenly split between the 2 teams. The Spuds' power play was working pretty good today.

Buffalo isn't a bad team at all in my opinion. But yes, they do take more penalties than you'd like to see. Number 4 for the Bison scored 2 of their 3 goals on slap shots from just inside the blue line and I think both of them clanked in off the post. That kid has a pretty good slap shot.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
HOFam'r

Re: Spuds prevail

Post by HOFam'r »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:I was at the game and there were a ton of penalties on both sides. The refs made at least half a dozen interference calls that were pretty evenly split between the 2 teams. The Spuds' power play was working pretty good today.

Buffalo isn't a bad team at all in my opinion. But yes, they do take more penalties than you'd like to see. Number 4 for the Bison scored 2 of their 3 goals on slap shots from just inside the blue line and I think both of them clanked in off the post. That kid has a pretty good slap shot.
My point exactly...every game the Bison play they spend half of it killing penalties...this has to stop and maybe then some of their key players can produce some points...until then let the shooting gallery continue...which in turn wears out the team...which in turn...eliminates any energy for offense...

Moorhead is obviously not as good as last season but they have two solid lines that move the puck exceptionally well. They will not be an easy mark for Roseau...
"Be a teammate first"