Scrimmage H-M vs HA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pioneers

Scrimmage H-M vs HA

Post by pioneers »

H-M vs HA scrimmage Dec 8th 7:45 am at Mariucci
GoldmanGolfer13

Post by GoldmanGolfer13 »

IS this Right Holy Angels vs Hill @ 8am on a Saturday? Can anyone else confirm this? I dont want to wak e up that early if it isnt happening! Sounds like a hell of a match up though
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

Theres going to be lot Lexus and BMWs in the parking lot for this one...
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

its early, plus HM played last night. they are going to get their butts kicked
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

sachishi4 wrote:its early, plus HM played last night. they are going to get their butts kicked
HM played Sibley, this more like a scrimmage the night before a scrimmage. I do not think butts kick happen in a scrimmage, a scrimmage is just a practice.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Scrimmage result 2 45 minute sessions total goals
H-M 8 HA 1
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

well there goes my prediction
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Zamman wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:its early, plus HM played last night. they are going to get their butts kicked
HM played Sibley, this more like a scrimmage the night before a scrimmage. I do not think butts kick happen in a scrimmage, a scrimmage is just a practice.
i just realized that :lol:
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

pioneers wrote:Scrimmage result 2 45 minute sessions total goals
H-M 8 HA 1
It'll be nice to be favored against Holy Angels for a change. They've dominated Hill to the tune of 5-0-1 in the last 6 games since the 2002 championship game.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Sparlimb wrote:
H-M 8 HA 1
It'll be nice to be favored against Holy Angels for a change. They've dominated Hill to the tune of 5-0-1 in the last 6 games since the 2002 championship game.
Not sure what this means, but were you at the scrimmage? I am curious to hear who play in goal for AHA. Both starters are out. One hurt, one ineligible. That is what I have heard....
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I was at the scrimmage. 2 different goalies played for HA. They just had practice jersies so I don't know who they were. One of them had White and Gold pads and the other had white with blue and gold pads.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Thanks for the info, pioneers.

Is Holy Angels a tad down this year or is Hill that much better? I would have never expected such a lopsided scrimmage...
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I think it was just a combination Hill is good and from what I hear HA is a very young team.
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

HM is very strong this year, and AHA is definitely stacked offensively, but the defense has their work cut out for them... Letting up 16 goals (8 vs. Rosemount and 8 vs. Hill-Murray) in two games will not get the job done or will not let them win any game.
The truth hurts
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

selloutcrowd99 wrote:HM is very strong this year, and AHA is definitely stacked offensively, but the defense has their work cut out for them... Letting up 16 goals (8 vs. Rosemount and 8 vs. Hill-Murray) in two games will not get the job done or will not let them win any game.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but AHA has only played one game. Today was a scrimmage.
blueblood

HA

Post by blueblood »

Zamman -

You're right, they've only played one "official" game, but they appear to be lacking any defensive capabilities right now based on the game and HM scrimmage. What gives?

Who has been in the net for the Stars? Webb? Burke? Gump Worsley?
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Yup The Gumper came back from the grave to suite up for the stars :roll:
ya-man

Post by ya-man »

I wonder who played in goal in this scrimmage. Web is out until this week and Boerger played the Rosemount game hurt and I think he is out indefinately...
TheMeanRichJokeMan

Post by TheMeanRichJokeMan »

Sparlimb wrote:
H-M 8 HA 1
Nice try.

When was the last time AHA actually won (as if such a thing were possible) a scrimmage? I not sure you can base anything on a scrimmage. Trebil tends to skate a lot of JV players in scrimmages. AHA got beat by ER a few years ago in a scrimmage (when ER was pretty bad) and everyone made some huge deal about it. AHA then went 22-4-1 and won a state championship.

Anyone who thinks this has any bearing on how the regular season matchup will go, Should have their head examined.