Section 8a teams and players Updated

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kalbrecht17

Section 8a teams and players Updated

Post by kalbrecht17 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:24 pm

What do you guys think of Section 8a now that the teams have each played some games?

Who do you think are some of the impact players for each team and some of the sleepers?

kalbrecht17

A few ideas

Post by kalbrecht17 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:34 pm

TRF looks a lot better than they were thought to be. They have been playing really well against some teams that they thought they didn't have a chance against. This is what I was told anyway. KC looks like they could be a sleeper as long as they have Lindegard in net. RLF and Bagley look like the bottom 2 teams. I haven't heard how Walker is supposed to be though.

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:09 am

I still dont know quite yet...im waiting for the 8a teams to play more 8a teams...in a few weeks would be a better time I think
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 am

1. EGF, will have a common opponent with War after they play RR Tues.
2. Warroad, they're only going to get better throughout the schedule
3. Park Rapids, wins will keep coming, but for them it is about late Feb.
4. Bemidji, probably should be #3 but what's a poll worth anyway
5. TRF, got doubled up by Johnson last night
6. CrookstonImage, their goalie is going to have to continue to play well
7. LOW
8. Hallock
9. RLF
10. Bagley
11. Walker

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Irishmans Shanty wrote:1. EGF, will have a common opponent with War after they play RR Tues.
2. Warroad, they're only going to get better throughout the schedule
3. Park Rapids, wins will keep coming, but for them it is about late Feb.
4. Bemidji, probably should be #3 but what's a poll worth anyway
5. TRF, got doubled up by Johnson last night
6. CrookstonImage, their goalie is going to have to continue to play well
7. LOW
8. Hallock
9. RLF
10. Bagley
11. Walker
1. EGF-didnt expect this to be true. Played well against Bemidji and earned this spot so far.
2. Warroad-maturing process... Red River game?
3. PR-Definitely deeper than I had thought.
4. Bemidji-The youth is getting experience.
5. Crookston
6. TRF
7. LOW
8. Hallock
9/10. RLF/Bagley-We will find out Tuesday in RLF.
11. Walker

Our rankings now will not be how they are at the end of the year from 6-11. Alot of the teams are young and as they mature, certain teams will fall and certain teams will rise. Should be fun to watch throughout the year.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:11 pm

I'll wait til Tuesday after the War-Bemidji & EGF-RR games before passing judgement. This will be the first time for common opponents, played in the same venues that both EGF & Warroad have seen.
Hockey Moms are Hottest!!!

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:44 am

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:I'll wait til Tuesday after the War-Bemidji & EGF-RR games before passing judgement. This will be the first time for common opponents, played in the same venues that both EGF & Warroad have seen.
agreed
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

SB24

Post by SB24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:05 am

news guy- what makes you think PR is much deeper than you thought?

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:30 am

SB24 wrote:news guy- what makes you think PR is much deeper than you thought?
Watching their games... I definitely figured it was a 1 line team but they have 2 solid lines and a third line that will keep the puck out of their net. Not a fan of the goaltending there but so far it gets the job done. I think they will be a solid top 3 team this year in the section and I wouldnt be suprised to see them upset EGF tomorrow night.

Art=BAD_ICE

Post by Art=BAD_ICE » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:28 pm

Ah, the goaltending will be fine as their season progresses, he hasn't seen much rubber yet ya know. He is a very solid tender and will be a rock for them in the end. THe EGF vs PR game isn't until Friday.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:18 pm

NEWsguy...the Elves play RR tomorrow night. Like I said in the other thread...skewed sense of reality. :lol:

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Undercover Hockey Lover wrote:NEWsguy...the Elves play RR tomorrow night. Like I said in the other thread...skewed sense of reality. :lol:
common opponent doesnt take the place of head to head competition. You can claim EGF better than Warroad when they beat them and get to the state tournament. Until then its just a crap shoot.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:53 pm

newsguy35 wrote: I wouldnt be suprised to see them upset EGF tomorrow night.
One more time for the peanut gallery....EGF plays RED RIVER (RR) not PR TOMORROW night. Got it now? I tell you what...it's frustrating to zing a guy that consistently misses the zings.... :? Is it an act or are your reading comprehension skills that bad. :lol:
newsguy35 wrote:common opponent doesnt take the place of head to head competition. You can claim EGF better than Warroad when they beat them and get to the state tournament. Until then its just a crap shoot.
:shock: Please, oh please tell me you are not a BSU grad. If so.... #-o

warriors07

Post by warriors07 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:25 pm

newsguy35 wrote:
Watching their games... I definitely figured it was a 1 line team but they have 2 solid lines and a third line that will keep the puck out of their net. Not a fan of the goaltending there but so far it gets the job done. I think they will be a solid top 3 team this year in the section and I wouldnt be suprised to see them upset EGF tomorrow night.
newsguy...where did you watch them play?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:10 pm

warriors07 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:

I watched them against Como.

Como people claim to have 4 third-line, varsity players; the balance should be playing bantams. Their words not mine.

I don't think PR could have won if Lehrke had not played.

But Lehrke is one heck of a hockey player.

newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:04 pm

warriors07 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:
Scrimmage at Nymore and I have game film on hand that I am actually watching right now. They are deeper than most have given them credit for and as I said before, they will be a top 3 team in this section.

D16Dad

Post by D16Dad » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 pm

newsguy35 wrote:
warriors07 wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:
Scrimmage at Nymore??? and I have game film on hand that I am actually watching right now. They are deeper than most have given them credit for and as I said before, they will be a top 3 team in this section.
Bemidji and PR scrimmaged at Neilsen-Reise (City Rink) 11/16/07.