CHUCK-A-PUCK BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should Chuck-A-Puck be banned?

yes, for sure
7%
no, this is lame
93%

Total votes: 55

HornetFan08

Re: Edina Game

Post by HornetFan08 »

What are you saying? That because they said "Daddy's money" an Edina fan decided to peg a guy with a puck?
No, it was uncalled for but a harmless gesture.[/quote]
GRAF 705

Post by GRAF 705 »

wow hornetfan, what the hell are you talkin about. Edina fans are a bunch of poorsports who wont take things into their own hands and fight with their fists....Instead they throw pucks at the other fans. Real classy cake eaters, real classy
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

GRAF 705 wrote:wow hornetfan, what the hell are you talkin about. Edina fans are a bunch of poorsports who wont take things into their own hands and fight with their fists....Instead they throw pucks at the other fans. Real classy cake eaters, real classy
Ahh yes, fighting and name-calling is much classier. Silly me. How would fighting be better, and there was a fight at that game, but it was on the ice like it should be. Edina came out on top.
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

I have a good idea for all the Blue pucks laying around collecting dust. :lol:
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

HornetFan08 wrote:
GRAF 705 wrote:wow hornetfan, what the hell are you talkin about. Edina fans are a bunch of poorsports who wont take things into their own hands and fight with their fists....Instead they throw pucks at the other fans. Real classy cake eaters, real classy
Ahh yes, fighting and name-calling is much classier. Silly me. How would fighting be better, and there was a fight at that game, but it was on the ice like it should be. Edina came out on top.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Too big of a joke. Don't touch it with a 10 ft. pole.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I like the idea of sponge pucks. I think Rosemount uses them, someone confirm this for us....

The only problem is that they bounce all over the rink and are harder to pick up because of that.

Can someone get some verification of this for us?
hockyman08

Post by hockyman08 »

I know that Woodbury uses the sponge pucks, bounce a lot but thats no excuse for missing the bucket.
blainebengalhockey10

Post by blainebengalhockey10 »

woooow gayyy.. i won once lol nice chunk of cash
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Zamman wrote:I like the idea of sponge pucks. I think Rosemount uses them, someone confirm this for us....

The only problem is that they bounce all over the rink and are harder to pick up because of that.

Can someone get some verification of this for us?
Not sure about Rosemount in particular, but most of the teams up here on the Range have been using sponge pucks for years.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

PuckRanger wrote:Not sure about Rosemount in particular, but most of the teams up here on the Range have been using sponge pucks for years.
I was guessing the Edina kid wasn't the first to think to do this... :lol:
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

All of these solutions are good ideas but the way I understand it the ban came because a puck was thrown at a student section intentionally and changing the kind of puck you use or using a tennis ball wouldnt have stopped whoever threw it from throwing a sponge puck or tennis ball. Yes, having a soft object would mean that if a fan did get hit they wouldnt sustain any big injuries but I dont think it would stop some stupid kid from throwing whatever they had.

Also HornetFan08, I was at the Edina-Burnsville game and I dont remember hearing a "daddy's money" chant from Burnsville at all. The only chant there whole crowd sustained was "Burnsville-Burnsville" and "Bender".
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

At least they did not ban puck bunnies yet!
Mr.Penalty

Post by Mr.Penalty »

wait...im all confused...are you sure they banned chuck a puck?

cause i went to the Burnsville vs Apple Valley game last weekend and they did chuck a puck.
EREmpireStrikesBack

They just showed it on the Totino vs Benilde game tonight on FSN...

rayfinkel

Post by rayfinkel »

[quote="Mr.Penalty"]wait...im all confused...are you sure they banned chuck a puck?

cause i went to the Burnsville vs Apple Valley game last weekend and they did chuck a puck.[/quote

Watching the BSM VS Totino game and they just showed chuck a puck.
EREmpireStrikesBack

rayfinkel wrote:Watching the BSM VS Totino game and they just showed chuck a puck.
Little slow there ray...

Poolside

I haven't found any confirmation of this. Has anyone else?

Post by Poolside »

I'm reluctant to believe the MSHSL would react that fast to a fundraiser. If anyone has anything to say I would think it would be gambling control. It's a game of skill and generally those are banned. Lets hope this all stays on the DL as far as everyone is concerned.
GopherPuckPlayer

Re: I haven't found any confirmation of this. Has anyone els

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

Poolside wrote:I'm reluctant to believe the MSHSL would react that fast to a fundraiser. If anyone has anything to say I would think it would be gambling control. It's a game of skill and generally those are banned. Lets hope this all stays on the DL as far as everyone is concerned.
Ya keep the gambling on the downlow, it's way to fun!
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

HornetFan08 wrote:I was there, I didn't see who threw it but it didn't hit anyone. Thats dumb that it got banned. Burnsvilles chants were terrible. "daddy's Money" gets old after a while. I guess students from Burnsville bought all of their things themselves . They aren't classy fans.
Yeah that is so lame. It is really grandpa's money 8) Are they dumb or what :?:
pacman

Post by pacman »

They use Sponge Pucks at all Hibbing Bluejackets Home Games.
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

eagle4life9 wrote:Also HornetFan08, I was at the Edina-Burnsville game and I dont remember hearing a "daddy's money" chant from Burnsville at all. The only chant there whole crowd sustained was "Burnsville-Burnsville" and "Bender".
No it was before the game actually started. and there were other chants too.
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

Fargo wrote:Yeah that is so lame. It is really grandpa's money 8) Are they dumb or what :?:
I don't get it. Have you ever been to Edina, or do you just go along with the stereotype because your ignorant?
Dirty Dangler

Post by Dirty Dangler »

Chuck a puck is gone what the heck, thats the best part of the games now a days because the AD's are so strict
rayfinkel

Post by rayfinkel »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
rayfinkel wrote:Watching the BSM VS Totino game and they just showed chuck a puck.
Little slow there ray...

Yeah you got me by a minute! must be that winona education
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

HornetFan08 wrote:
Fargo wrote:Yeah that is so lame. It is really grandpa's money 8) Are they dumb or what :?:
I don't get it. Have you ever been to Edina, or do you just go along with the stereotype because your ignorant?
Yeah I have been to France Avenue. I go along with the stereo type because it adds a little fun.

It is pretty obvious the stereotype does nto hold water for everyone there.