CHUCK-A-PUCK BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should Chuck-A-Puck be banned?

yes, for sure
7%
no, this is lame
93%

Total votes: 55

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:Thats terrible it was a great fund raiser for the hockey programs.Should ban the NIMROD FROM Edina or Burnsville.
Why so there mommy and daddy can bail them out????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

Indians forever wrote:
PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:Thats terrible it was a great fund raiser for the hockey programs.Should ban the NIMROD FROM Edina or Burnsville.
Why so there mommy and daddy can bail them out????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
No it was or is a great way for fundraising for the hockey team programs. And well any parent will bail their kid out, and that still wont solve anything!
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

PuckRanger wrote:
Zamman wrote:I like the idea of sponge pucks. I think Rosemount uses them, someone confirm this for us....

The only problem is that they bounce all over the rink and are harder to pick up because of that.

Can someone get some verification of this for us?
Not sure about Rosemount in particular, but most of the teams up here on the Range have been using sponge pucks for years.
Just like Hockey in this State. The City Teams are trying to keep up with :wink: the Northern boyzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
mnpuck1233

Post by mnpuck1233 »

it isn't banned...the next day after the infamous "edina bender fan", burnsville played apple valley..after the second period "chuck a puck "was played with "real"pucks...get your facts straight
Bub

Post by Bub »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Simple fix put a 5 gal pail out there and use tennis balls.
Or put an Edina fan out there and keep using pucks.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

I like the idea of throwing Edina fans, if they're too heavy because of their wallets, we can empty their wallets and toss the empty wallets instead.

packerboy - remember it would be a tax write-off as long as you also declare your winnings, which sound pretty sparse

I saw nothing on the MSHSL web site besides the fact that the host school is responsible for fan conduct and the officially approved hockey puck is Nike/Bauer. Maybe it was the city of Burnsville that banned it from their rink??

ya know making it illegal will only create a black market for chuck-a-puck dealers selling it on every frozen pond or neighborhood rink they can find. :wink:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Bub wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:Simple fix put a 5 gal pail out there and use tennis balls.
Or put an Edina fan out there and keep using pucks.

Or in honor of the incident to an Edina fan, we could make the official chuck-a-puck a hostess cup cake. We would have to make sure it stayed in the package to keep the ice somewhat clean.

Of course like my wife's cookie dough never making it to the oven, my cup-cake would never see competition :)
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

I give this about half a day.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well, maybe its for the best.

Local law enforcemet agencies have reported lately that they are seeing alot of chuckapuck related crime.

In fact, it is just behind "gang related" in number of offenses and its growing.

If you park at a rink and your car is broken into, its likely that the thieves were looking for something they could pawn for chuckapuck money.

The recent rise in forclosures is due primarly to subprime lending practices but reports are now coming in that confirm playing chuckapuck is a contributing factor.

I for one am gald its over because it was getting to the point where I was in a little too deep.

Ban chuckapuck.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

How about we get volunteers from the stands by the name of Chuck or an individual willing to go by that label for the event and the new game is

Puck- a - Chuck

Based on Bub's suggestion

It could be those in deep debt from the previous, now banned event ( packerboy :lol: ). If they get hit they win the general prize. However if they get hit in a vital area (head, "groin') the prize winnings are doubled and any ambulance ride is free of charge along with a bonus bag of ice

Limit 10 pucks per person

Wait, this is how the supposed ban got started, isn't it?
:P
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

Its obvious everyone is jealous because Edina is gonna win state. Chukapuck isn't banned, so stop making idiotic comments.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

HornetFan08 wrote: Chukapuck isn't banned, so stop making idiotic comments.
Whether chuckapuck is banned or not isnt going to stop me form making idiotic comments.

Whose with me on this :!: :!: :!: :?: :?:
HornetFan08

Post by HornetFan08 »

no