Update on Matt Niskanen

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

alumni

Update on Matt Niskanen

Post by alumni »

Nisky is doing quite well in the big show. He got a nice birthday present from the boys....he's had a silver Pontiac Sunfire since he was 15 years old. The boys on his team tell him to get a new ride befitting of his new job as an NHL'er. He has refused. So for his birthday....they pimped his car....check it out...... read the article too..its a good one.

http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=346239

Here are some more pics of his pimped ride

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/appiesb ... php?t=7848

Here's also another great article on Nisky...Spoken highly of by his blueline partner, Sergei Zubov

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/12260411.html

Always nice to see a former Minnesota high school star doing well in the big show.....keep it up Nisky!
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

Haha, what a great prank. Looks like Niskanen is in Dallas for the long run, great to see!
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

THAT IS UGLY..they should have left it haha
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

HAHA, I think this is great...I remember seeing that silver sunfire with the virginia bluedevils sticker on the back window daily in the decc parking lot and it always cracked me up that matt niskanen drove that car. Good to see the boys down in Dallas were in agreement!!! And believe it or not, it looks like what they did to "old girl" was an upgrade! Keep up the good work Nisky, you've got all of Bulldog-country behind you!
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

I heard from a friend that's from Virginia the city is sending down two full bus loads of people for the Stars game vs the Wild on the 3rd of January. I'm sure a majority of the hockey fans from Virginia will make their way down to the game one way or another!

Here's a quick stat for you guys - the last 3 or 4 games Niskanen has the second highest average time on ice only behind his D partner Zubov. I believe he's been starting as well. Very impressive!
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

way to go nisky,all the critics that posted crap on here about him at VMIB can.... :x never mind, look forward to watching nisky at the excel
alumni

nisky

Post by alumni »

yeah thats right they are sending two buses down there for the game. can't wait. its gonna be awesome seeing him play the wild....gonna have to cheer for both teams i guess! and for all the critics that talked bad about him at virginia and umd..well...guess he's showing them. starting and playing with one of the best defenders in the league? can't get much better than that. i always knew he had it in him. never ever doubted him one bit.
rangehockey14

Post by rangehockey14 »

Congrats to Nisky... He's really made a name for himself and has a bright future in the big leagues
northwoods oldtimer

Nisky

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Matt was a 3 sport athlete in high school. Hell of a football player at Mt. Iron. Never played year round hockey as a youth and it is paying off in SPADES now! Team really likes the kid to do that. the car did a total 180, it looks great. Need a before and after to help all appreciate the work the team put into that rig.....awesome story!
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Just remember kids, stay loyal to your high school, play as many sports as you can and have the chips fall were they may. Congrats to Matt
minnhock10

Re: Nisky

Post by minnhock10 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Matt was a 3 sport athlete in high school. Hell of a football player at Mt. Iron. Never played year round hockey as a youth and it is paying off in SPADES now! Team really likes the kid to do that. the car did a total 180, it looks great. Need a before and after to help all appreciate the work the team put into that rig.....awesome story!

Couldn't agree more with you. Stay at your home school, play multiple sports and have a great time. Scouts and schools will see you if your good enough. Great comment.

Also, that was a pretty good story and the pictures were fun to see.
2 for cheating

Post by 2 for cheating »

Cool