Lake Conference

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

buckeyehockey17

Lake Conference

Post by buckeyehockey17 »

So far

1. Jefferson
2. Rosemount
3. Burnsville
4. Lakeville North
5. Eastview
6 Eden Prairie

any predictions for the rest of the season?
Hockey = Life
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

I think it will end like this

Rosemount
Burnsville
Eden Prairie
Jefferson
Lakeville North
Eastview

but its all going to be close. everyone is going to beat each other.
RFFalcon22

Post by RFFalcon22 »

I think it's going to come down to Rosemount, Burnsville, and Jefferson for the top spot, but if I had to pick a top five:

Burnsville
Rosemount
Jefferson
Eden Prairie
Eastview

The sixth spot might end up being a toss up between Eagan, Lakeville North, Chaska, and Apple Valley. I think Lakeville South and Kennedy will fill out the bottom of the standings.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

1. Rosemount-a very consistent team this year, beaten some good teams, will need to beat Jefferson when they play again.
2. Jefferson-another team thats been very consistent will be very close with Rosemount down the wire
3. Burnsville-still with EP and EV twice, loss to Eagan may come back to hurt them for chance at title
4. Eden Prairie-lots of home games left to end the year may play to an advantage
5. Eastview-still with Burnsville and Jefferson left twice and I don't see them beating EP again, goal issues sometimes and if they don't score like against South chance for upset knocks them to five
6. Apple Valley-shot at 5th if Freshman goalie stays in and they stop picking up so many penalties.

Lakeville North has the edge right now on the rest but its up for grabs. I give Valley a shot at top 5 if the Freshman stays in goal to bump Eastview off. Valley may have struggled so far but the conference games have been against Rosemount, Jefferson, Burnsville, EP, EV, LN. The top 6 teams they will climb back in teh back half here. They were also in all the games stay out of the box could help get some upsets and get up higher even. Chaska and Eagan have shown some ability but way to sporadic. Kennedy and South will round out the bottom. North has the upperhand but some good teams left which could slide them down easily with the rest and I see it happening still aways out though and you never know who will get hot or what injuries will hurt certain teams.

After I watch the 2 teams I haven't seen in the conference i'll come back and adjust the middle teams I haven't worte about or placed.
Last edited by hockeyjunkie2 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The tender30

Post by The tender30 »

1. jefferson-great depth and senior leadership
2.Burnsville-First line is amazing
3. Rosemount- if jt brown dominates they win if not they lose he is the whole team.
4. Apple Valley- come back team of the year. well coached toughest part of season behind them.
5. Eastview
6. EP
7.Lakeville North
8.Chaska
9.south
10.kennedy-Not a surprise are a free win for every team who has them on their schedule.
BlazeKid6

Post by BlazeKid6 »

1.Rosemount
2.Burnsville
3.Jefferson
4.Lakeville
5.EP
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

1) Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars
2) Rosemount Fighting Irish (yes, I said Fighting)
3) Burnsville Braves (I mean Blaze)
4) Eden Prairie Eagles
5) Apple Valley Eagles
6) Eastview Lighting
7) Lakeville North
8) Lakeville South
9) Chaska Hawks
10) Eagan Wildcats
11) Kennedy Eagles
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
pioneerhockey12

dd

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

av isnt good...
1 rosemount
2. burnsville
3.Jefferson
4.EP
5. Lakeville
6. Eastview
goldenhockey20

Post by goldenhockey20 »

1) Jefferson
2) Burnsville
3) Rosemount
4) EP
5) Eastview
6) North
7) Valley
8) Chaska
9) South
10) Eagan
11) Kennedy
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

I guess the only question I have is why some of you are picking who you are picking.

hockeyjunkie, the tender and boogeyman...you all pick AV to be either your 5th or 6th place team. They are 0-5-1 in the conference. Picking them to be 5th or 6th was a stretch from the beginning of the year but its definatly a stretch now. I know that they have played a TOUGH schedule (EP, EV, Rose, LN, Burns, Jeff) but they really havent been close in most of those games. They tied LN who let them back in it in the last min but other than that the closest game was 5-3. I guess I am just wondering what your logic is in picking them because I dont see them getting up there. Even with a good rest of the season it is going to be tough cuz remember they have to play all those teams again plus Eagan and Chaska who arent push-overs for a team like AV.

There are still only 5 elite teams in the Lake. Only if LN beats EV Sat. and then wins some games vs Rosemount, Chaska, Jefferson, South will they be considered a threat in the conference.

Burns
Rose
EP
Jeff
EV
LN
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

eagle4life9 wrote:I guess the only question I have is why some of you are picking who you are picking.

hockeyjunkie, the tender and boogeyman...you all pick AV to be either your 5th or 6th place team. They are 0-5-1 in the conference. Picking them to be 5th or 6th was a stretch from the beginning of the year but its definatly a stretch now. I know that they have played a TOUGH schedule (EP, EV, Rose, LN, Burns, Jeff) but they really havent been close in most of those games. They tied LN who let them back in it in the last min but other than that the closest game was 5-3. I guess I am just wondering what your logic is in picking them because I dont see them getting up there. Even with a good rest of the season it is going to be tough cuz remember they have to play all those teams again plus Eagan and Chaska who arent push-overs for a team like AV.

There are still only 5 elite teams in the Lake. Only if LN beats EV Sat. and then wins some games vs Rosemount, Chaska, Jefferson, South will they be considered a threat in the conference.

Burns
Rose
EP
Jeff
EV
LN
You do bring up a good point my reasoning would be, they were 3-2 after 2 with Burnsville, up 3-2 after 2 with Rosemount, 3-2 I believe also with EV after 2. Yes hockey is a three period game, but there is promise if they can keep themselves out of the box in the second half of the schedule and finish some games. Part of the north game was only having I believe 3 penalties that game that helped keep them in it. The freshman goalie will give them a chance and also yes they did play the stronger half and still have to again later and Eagan and Chaska are no pushovers but I didn't rank them above any team they lost to so far do they have a chance sure because of how competitive the conference is but some things would need to happen to finish in 5th like I said was possible. No doubt they are still behind the top teams but if they finish a game against them could maybe get a good upset as well later this year.
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

the best thing about lake conference is the rivalrys that are built. most of these kids have been playing agaisnt eachother for years. that is why every game is so fun to watch because these teams no eachother inside and out...........
(in not particular order)
bville
rosemount
jefferson
eastview
ep
these 5 i think are truley in contention to take the conference. any other team might steal a game or to from these teams but the rest of the conference has no legitamite shot at winning the lake.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

I agree, other than those top 5 nobody else has a legit shot to WIN the Lake but there are others who could crack the top 5.

Burnsville
EP
Rosemount
Jefferson
EV
LN
Chaska
AV
LS
Eagan
Kennedy