Favorite Poster

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bash Brother
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: In the box

Favorite Poster

Post by Bash Brother » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Who do you find the most informative and entertaining.

Feel free to promote yourself.

Govs93
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Formerly Eastside - now Wayzata area

Post by Govs93 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:21 pm

There's no question - it's one of two people... Me or Circle.

Anybody who argues is wrong - yet again.

Joey (nine toes) Marcoux
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:50 am

Govs....Agreed on Circle, but don't know about me :!: :D

newsguy35
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Eagan

Post by newsguy35 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:53 am

UHL is usually a hoot... I like Govs and Irish Shanty because they seem to get around to alot of different games. It depends on if I am looking for a good laugh or not, some posters seem to bait the hook pretty well and can get a rise out of others.

Can't Never Tried
Posts: 4356
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Post by Can't Never Tried » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:16 am

Govs93 wrote:There's no question - it's one of two people... Me or Circle.

Anybody who argues is wrong - yet again.
Oh boy! nice choices to pick from Govs, Hmmmm.......... lets see it's so even :?:

I gotta go with packerboy to bad many don't get the jist, and of course the innnnnnnnfamous Neutron14!! no one slides a zinger in a thread like this dude, and a fine side to IShanty...anyone that can post all alone on a horrible Vikes, or Goph football game deserves some props.
Then in the senior league, of course no one comes close to elliott70 which I believe is getting close to elliott80 :shock: :lol:
Myself Mehhh...I just kinda hang out here :wink: But no one has higher regard for me then ME :D

George Blanda
Posts: 1443
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:17 am
Location: St. Schmo

Post by George Blanda » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 am

Image
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey

Bash Brother
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: In the box

Post by Bash Brother » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:38 pm

With that picture i have to vote george blanda

packerboy
Posts: 5262
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:51 pm

Post by packerboy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:33 pm

Who my favorite posters are is not important. Well, come to think of it , what on the bored is?

But here are some things I like about good posters:

1. The ability and , indeed, the willingness to use a lot of emoticons

2. The talent to take the most inane , obscure , and/or ridiculous proposition , turn it into thread and then beat it into the ground for pages and pages while continuing to make no sense but in a fun way.

But seriously:

1. The creativity to start a new thread and then keep it going

2. The consistent contribution to the threads of others

3. Creativity in cutting and pasteing pictures, links and other good stuff.

4. Good sense of humor

5. Versatility

I like those kind of posters and there are many.

Can't Never Tried
Posts: 4356
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Post by Can't Never Tried » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:42 pm

packerboy wrote:Who my favorite posters are is not important. Well, come to think of it , what on the bored is?

But here are some things I like about good posters:

1. The ability and , indeed, the willingness to use a lot of emoticons

2. The talent to take the most inane , obscure , and/or ridiculous proposition , turn it into thread and then beat it into the ground for pages and pages while continuing to make no sense but in a fun way.

But seriously:

1. The creativity to start a new thread and then keep it going

2. The consistent contribution to the threads of others

3. Creativity in cutting and pasteing pictures, links and other good stuff.

4. Good sense of humor

5. Versatility

I like those kind of posters and there are many.
Well gee thanks PB :oops: at first it sounded like self promotion :lol:

elliott70
Posts: 12223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:38 am

I read all posts made by the guys posting on this thread and add Irishmans Shanty and BIAFP and Angus Young as well as some others.

My favorite (after BluesBuddy RIP and Slapshooter) would be Packerboy because of his poetic, musical whim/wit and his underlying strong beliefs.

EREmpireStrikesBack
Posts: 5137
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:28 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:01 am

Neut, PB, Govs, elliott, CNT, bobber, tom and probably a few I have missed are very good IMO.

My question, who are your favorites of the past? Obviously blues, video, slappy come to mind. One of my faves was SpudsPUCKemUP or something to that effect. dangle_show was pretty tragic.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

Joey (nine toes) Marcoux
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Simply based on the comic relief he provided, at a very boring time, my vote will go to Synergystud014

E70, Slappy, Video, Syd, EER because he is so quick to slap the newbies, Packerboy, Jack Daniels and a few of the Roso boys, no matter what name they are using.

Oh and I must not forget the Shanty.

A New Years toast to all :!:

PuckTime
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: Northland

Post by PuckTime » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:08 pm

No love for CrushTheySkullz??

:o
SEE YOU AT THE RINK

Goldy Gopher
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:52 pm

PuckTime wrote:No love for CrushTheySkullz??

:o
He had enough love for himself to go around.
The U invented swagger.

Can't Never Tried
Posts: 4356
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Post by Can't Never Tried » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
PuckTime wrote:No love for CrushTheySkullz??

:o
He had enough love for himself to go around.
How nice of you guys to stab :shock: him when he's not able to defend himself. :lol: :lol:

Goldy Gopher
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
PuckTime wrote:No love for CrushTheySkullz??

:o
He had enough love for himself to go around.
How nice of you guys to stab :shock: him when he's not able to defend himself. :lol: :lol:
For his sake, it's probably best that he's not around to defend himself.
The U invented swagger.

Irishmans Shanty
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Irishmans Shanty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:19 pm

To make my list you need to mix a wild diversified cocktail of fact, humor, and sarcasm. A little too much of one and not enough of the other and your consistency will cross the line into predicitability, and that you don't want. I probably don't practice what I require, but then again I don't read myself either.

There are a number of regular Cafe patrons who have it figured out, you guys know who you are and I look forward to your contributions on a daily basis.

As for the main board, I wish the threads I tend to gravitate towards had more suprises in them, but hey, it's still fun anyhow.

Neutron 14
Posts: 5344
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Post by Neutron 14 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Irishmans Shanty wrote: but then again I don't read myself either.
You don't know what your missing Shanty. That guys a must read!

tomASS
Posts: 2523
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 am
Location: Chaska

Post by tomASS » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 pm

I think just about everybody in the Cafe is a good, lively read.
I find it to be an oasis compared to the other segments of the "bored"

now if they would only put religion and politics on the menu again it would be one fine diner. :wink:

Irishmans Shanty
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Irishmans Shanty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Maybe the suits upstairs will create a link right next to cafe that will read bar, where _____ and ______ are not only tolerated but they are topics that are encouraged.

tomASS
Posts: 2523
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 am
Location: Chaska

Post by tomASS » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:33 pm

Irishmans Shanty wrote:Maybe the suits upstairs will create a link right next to cafe that will read bar, where _____ and ______ are not only tolerated but they are topics that are encouraged.
or bar room brawl? :lol: (enter at you own risk, make us sign a liability form etc, etc, etc, etc,)

packerboy
Posts: 5262
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:51 pm

Post by packerboy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Excellent idea IS. It would be Like Dream a Come True

But the way we discuss those naughty taboo topics is by weaving it into the subject matter which is sports and HS Hockey.

How can you have a complete discussion about sports these days and exclude poilitcs?

My God (oops), Boofin Congress is investigating MLB.

If we had a "bar" where we could discuss politics, would we be able to talk sports there? Or if the conversation morphed into sports would we have to run back to the Cafe?

How many conversations do you have with anyone where you talk about one thing and one thing only?

But , this guy will get people to understand that before we do:

Image

BIAFP
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:44 pm

Post by BIAFP » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 pm

tomASS wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:Maybe the suits upstairs will create a link right next to cafe that will read bar, where _____ and ______ are not only tolerated but they are topics that are encouraged.
or bar room brawl? :lol: (enter at you own risk, make us sign a liability form etc, etc, etc, etc,)

Sign me up!

elliott70
Posts: 12223
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:41 am

BIAFP wrote:
tomASS wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:Maybe the suits upstairs will create a link right next to cafe that will read bar, where _____ and ______ are not only tolerated but they are topics that are encouraged.
or bar room brawl? :lol: (enter at you own risk, make us sign a liability form etc, etc, etc, etc,)

Sign me up!
Sign you up? I thought you owned the dang place!
:)

pistol
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by pistol » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:12 am

As a teen, I had a nice poster of Loni Anderson, but I think you all have missed the best.

Post Reply