Top Ten Jr. Gold Teams 07-08

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Rossbury21

Top Ten Jr. Gold Teams 07-08

Post by Rossbury21 »

Lets Play Hockey has it like this as of December 20, 2007
1:Roseville
2:Edina
3:RAVE
4:Albert Lea
5:White Bear Black
6. Inver Grove Hieghts
White Bear orange
8.Wayzata
9.Lakeville
10.Eagan

What does anyone else think.
Jethrotull

Lakeville

Post by Jethrotull »

Lakeville JR Gold B easily beat IGH 7-1 and have out scored their opponents 46-12 in the last 7 games. They started out slow and lost to Eagan 3-4 but are now on a roll. They should be ranked in the top 5 right now.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I think that the teams you listed that don't field an A team should be real proud of themselves. Roseville, RAVE, Albert Lea, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville. CONGRATS...

Teams like IGH who often field TWO B teams should be especially proud. Why don't you guys come play with the big boys in the A league and see how you do....
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Here we go again with immediately knocking B teams without A teams. Every year there is going to be one or two "B" teams that could easily compete at the "A" level. But when some programs are questionable about numbers in early November (when declarations have to be made); are they supposed to gamble and register for "A" and end up having sophomore skaters playing "A" when they really have the skill better fit for a 3rd line U16 team???? There is no real "dynasty" in JGB and teams tend to fluctuate from year to year. Roseville didn't even make the playoffs last year and now they are having a good year but because their association doesn't field an "A" team; they are garbage?
Jethrotull

Post by Jethrotull »

puckhead77 wrote:I think that the teams you listed that don't field an A team should be real proud of themselves. Roseville, RAVE, Albert Lea, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville. CONGRATS...

Teams like IGH who often field TWO B teams should be especially proud. Why don't you guys come play with the big boys in the A league and see how you do....
Keep the challenges coming puckhead. You may get your wish.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

puckhead77 wrote:I think that the teams you listed that don't field an A team should be real proud of themselves. Roseville, RAVE, Albert Lea, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville. CONGRATS...

IGH only fielded 2 B teams last year because SSP didnt have a team and those kids came over to play at IGH. This year SSP is having their own team.
The Weight Room

Post by The Weight Room »

and do keep in mind that not all of the players from these town teams are from the town and many of the kids have never even met each other before and they have2-3 weeks to come together as a team before they start playing games. sometimes it works out well and these teams can do great things. other times, disputes can lead to disaster and it would only be a joke for these teams to be A teams.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

freighttrain wrote:

IGH only fielded 2 B teams last year because SSP didnt have a team and those kids came over to play at IGH. This year SSP is having their own team.
And they also had a lot of players from Rosemount last year, the state champion team was basically all Rosemount players. SSP wasn't aloud to have a team last season because of discipline issues.
So stop knocking B teams from cities without A teams. Those are the cities that wait to have tryouts until after varsity cuts. Some of the A teams and even B teams have been playing about a month longer then others.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

I think all JG tryouts are AFTER varsity cuts. Otherwise the players that get cut from jv and varsity wouldn't have anywhere to play.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

puckhead77 wrote:I think all JG tryouts are AFTER varsity cuts. Otherwise the players that get cut from jv and varsity wouldn't have anywhere to play.

I know Eden Prairie does Junior Gold tryouts first. Then if you get cut from V or JV, that's where you go.
Not sure why they do this unless it's a timing thing. Thought it was kind of backwards, but that's what one of the Varsity parents said.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
buildthewalls

Post by buildthewalls »

puckhead77 wrote:I think all JG tryouts are AFTER varsity cuts. Otherwise the players that get cut from jv and varsity wouldn't have anywhere to play.
i think that WBL has varsity tryouts after jr gold
Jethrotull

Post by Jethrotull »

Having JR Gold tryouts before Varsity is a good idea. Many towns do not have a good turnout for JR Gold tryouts that are after their Varsity tryouts because the boys that just got cut are not interested at that time. By having the Varsity coach push most of the players to go to JR gold tryouts before Varsity tryouts and get their free or cheap ice time, the boys see that it is a viable option if they do not make Varsity or JV team and warm up to the idea of playing JR Gold. If towns like EP and WBL do have their JR Gold tryouts before Varsity, that would explain how they have multiple and successful teams year after year. Huge programs like Lakeville put together one JR Gold B team and WBL has 1-A / 2-B’s and some years multiple U16’s . Ya see, If you set them up for failure, that’s what you will get. If you show them their options and treat them with respect, they will succeed.
RedLight Master

Post by RedLight Master »

Lets Play Hockey is about as reputable as Yahoo.com

Burnsville beat Edina and they are not even on that list. I also watched Eagan play. That is a team of low class players if I have ever seen one. Those kids and their parents dont belong in organized hockey. let them play on the ponds with the other hacks!
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

This is a Jr. Gold "B" forum. I think RedLight is talking about "A".
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

word
SoLiDgOlD_

Post by SoLiDgOlD_ »

actually it says- and let me quote- Top Ten Jr. Gold Teams 07-08. and last time i check A was much better than B..... so really no B teams should even be brought up. fools
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

SoLiDgOlD_ wrote:actually it says- and let me quote- Top Ten Jr. Gold Teams 07-08. and last time i check A was much better than B..... so really no B teams should even be brought up. fools
Well i created it and accidently missed the B part, cuz frankly i dont give a (Explicative word starting with the letter F) about junior gold A, and i think you should stop ragging on junior gold B because if my city had more then 17 guys who wanted to play Junior gold then im sure we would have an A team. Just because of you bigger city d bags who think that we automatically suck because we are on Junior Gold B, doesn't mean that we cant have a forum.
hockstats

Post by hockstats »

Fisrt of all, everyone is trashing Lakeville saying they won't win State because they only have 2 good players, then the same team is getting bashed for being in the B division and not playing JGA.

If Lakeville only has 2 good players, I don't think they would fare too well in the A division. Plus, they do not have tryouts or a U16 team. Every kid that wants to play from 9th grade up plays! Just because they have a winning record, people have to start rippin on them. Don't group them with the other teams that have select tryouts from multiple cities!

I have seen this team play in tournaments, and they are a classy group of boys that skate well as a team. All of their wins in tournaments with top 10 teams have been very close games. If they need to be up in the A division, then so does WBL, Edina, and a few others that they have played!
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

hockstats wrote: I have seen this team play in tournaments, and they are a classy group of boys that skate well as a team. All of their wins in tournaments with top 10 teams have been very close games. If they need to be up in the A division, then so does WBL, Edina, and a few others that they have played!
WBL and Edina do have A teams.

Lakeville has 2 solid lines and their D corps is pretty solid also.
hockstats

Post by hockstats »

I meant that these 2 B teams should be playing up at the A level as well,if Lakeville's wins were within 1-2 goals each time they played Edina and they lost to WBL. I know that these 2 associations have A teams!
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

What team do you play for Puckhead77?
mama's boy

Post by mama's boy »

You guys are leaving out Rapids and Duluth... could possibly be competitive. Should see one of them in state
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

How does state work out for northern teams. I know D8 gets two spots i think, but i thought the metro leauge or whatever its called gets the rest. I forgot about up north, how does it all break down.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Sauce2122 wrote:How does state work out for northern teams. I know D8 gets two spots i think, but i thought the metro leauge or whatever its called gets the rest. I forgot about up north, how does it all break down.
Northern teams play in JGA and have their own regional to qualify for state I believe.
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

buildthewalls wrote:
i think that WBL has varsity tryouts after jr gold
wrong!