Scouts? Division 3 or any Juniors?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

LakevilleHcky08

Scouts? Division 3 or any Juniors?

Post by LakevilleHcky08 »

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone being scouted to any colleges or junior teams out of junior gold b?
UNDlars

Re: Scouts? Division 3 or any Juniors?

Post by UNDlars »

LakevilleHcky08 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone being scouted to any colleges or junior teams out of junior gold b?
I know there were some coaches from the Minnesota Junior League (Jr. B) at the state tourney last year. I also know of a few of JGB players going and playing club hockey at some schools like St. Cloud and Bemidji.
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

UNDlars wrote:
LakevilleHcky08 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone being scouted to any colleges or junior teams out of junior gold b?
I know there were some coaches from the Minnesota Junior League (Jr. B) at the state tourney last year. I also know of a few of JGB players going and playing club hockey at some schools like St. Cloud and Bemidji.
2008-2009 BSU club team, hell yeah
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Rossbury21 wrote:
UNDlars wrote:
Alright Bemidji club was a bad example but I know of a couple guys playing club at SCSU which plays in the ACHA.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

UNDlars wrote:
They are no longer Jr. B. They're Junior A Tier III
The U invented swagger.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

a couple of players from the IGH Red team had tryout offers with some teams in the MJHL.
hockeyfan43

Post by hockeyfan43 »

no junior gold b is a joke
LakevilleHcky08

Post by LakevilleHcky08 »

alright hockeyfan43 your pretty bad PLEASE BAN ME what do you have against junior gold b?
greatgame2

Post by greatgame2 »

yea
Last edited by greatgame2 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

hilarious wetmore hilarious. but seriously dave meyer is dirty
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

wetmore hahahah
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

UNDlars wrote:
Rossbury21 wrote:
UNDlars wrote: I know there were some coaches from the Minnesota Junior League (Jr. B) at the state tourney last year. I also know of a few of JGB players going and playing club hockey at some schools like St. Cloud and Bemidji.
Alright Bemidji club was a bad example but I know of a couple guys playing club at SCSU which plays in the ACHA.
Yeah i hear bemidji's club team is a joke,but i want to play something competitive next year outside of intramurals so i am trying out.
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

What team do you play for there hotshot hockeyfan43?
nikebauerhockey21

Post by nikebauerhockey21 »

3 kids from chaska had tryout offers to go play in the manitoba junior league. They got asked to tryout by a scout while they were in brookings for a tourney. So yeah its possible but who knows if they would of made the team. I dont know why there all this hate towards junior gold, there are plenty of reasons why kids play it and there is a lot of talent in the league.
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

I've seen plenty of talent at the JGB level. The teams may not be as deep as high school or JGA teams... but there are solid players on their top lines. And I've been impressed with speed, hands, shots and vision on the ice.

They also seem to be having a lot of fun. Which I believe is not as prevalent in HS hockey thanks to some coaches that believe they're coaching College or NHL players rather than kids. Some coaches can be so intense that the kids feel a ton pressure - and they're playing HS hockey!!!!

Let's not forget - it is a game.
ref/scout

Post by ref/scout »

I make an effort every year to check out some junior gold a and b teams every year. A had a few players that play great hockey that played junior gold b last year. Anything can happen.