HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young guys get snubbed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota JV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddy101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Young guys get snubbed? Reply with quote

Im a freshman, and am born 1 day away from being a bantam right now. But age shouldnt matter, so why do coaches play the oblismal seniors on varsity over younger talent? Ecspecially if the team is doing really bad and has no hope of getting anywhere. So why dont coaches try to develope younger players? And not trying top be cocky, but i know i have the talent to play varisty. So what gives?
George Blanda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Young guys get snubbed? Reply with quote

toddy101 wrote:
Im a freshman, and am born 1 day away from being a bantam right now. But age shouldnt matter, so why do coaches play the oblismal seniors on varsity over younger talent? Ecspecially if the team is doing really bad and has no hope of getting anywhere. So why dont coaches try to develope younger players? And not trying top be cocky, but i know i have the talent to play varisty. So what gives?

You don't have the attitude to play varsity. If you did, you wouldn't have started this thread.
The Collector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
LetsPlayHockey22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a varsity caliber player than get out, practice, and prove it to the coaches.
clhockeykid06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with george blanda. you dont have the varsity attitude. right now your thinking about what would be good for you, wrong. you should be thinking about what is better for the team. second, if you think you are good enough, show the coaches in practice, just cause you think your good enough, that doesnt mean thats what the coaches see and since they have the final say, you need to show them
PoniesDad45

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clhockeykid06 wrote:
i agree with george blanda. you dont have the varsity attitude. right now your thinking about what would be good for you, wrong. you should be thinking about what is better for the team. second, if you think you are good enough, show the coaches in practice, just cause you think your good enough, that doesnt mean thats what the coaches see and since they have the final say, you need to show them

Sounds like his Dad talking to me.
blueblood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: cl kid Reply with quote

Kid:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Most coaches today go with the younger talent over the senior. Obviously, you ain;t got it, yet....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota JV All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: