National Tourney

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Good Idea?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 28

The51

National Tourney

Post by The51 »

Just wondering what people would think of doing a national tournament?
I've been thinking about it a little and maybe take teams from states as the following?

Minnesota (3)
Massachusetts (2)
Wisconsin (2)
North Dakota (2)
New Jersey (2)
Maryland (2)
Rhode Island (1)
Pennsylvania (1)
Michigan (1)

feel free to adjust the numbers and again just wondering on some opinions here
Goldy Gopher

Re: National Tourney

Post by Goldy Gopher »

The51 wrote:Just wondering what people would think of doing a national tournament?
I've been thinking about it a little and maybe take teams from states as the following?

Minnesota (3)
Massachusetts (2)
Wisconsin (2)
North Dakota (2)
New Jersey (2)
Maryland (2)
Rhode Island (1)
Pennsylvania (1)
Michigan (1)

It would be sweet.

Will it ever happen?
No.
The U invented swagger.
The51

Re: National Tourney

Post by The51 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
The51 wrote:Just wondering what people would think of doing a national tournament?

Minnesota (3)
Massachusetts (2)
Wisconsin (2)
North Dakota (2)
New Jersey (2)
Maryland (2)
Rhode Island (1)
Pennsylvania (1)
Michigan (1)

It would be sweet.

Will it ever happen?
No.
no i know it probably wont ever happen i just think it would be pretty cool to watch
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Exceed hockey tried to put together some tournament this year at Aldrich in November, but it got put off until next year
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
defense

tournement

Post by defense »

North Dakota and Wisconsin only need one team apiece, Minnesota two and I don't know about New England............It will likely never happen....too bad..........
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Don't they have national tournaments for pee wees?
komada77

Post by komada77 »

I'd like to see a Minnesota vs. New England tourney. Take the top 8 teams from MN and top 8 from New England, make it a pool play tourney, and finally figure out who plays the best hockey. Obviously this would only work if you got the best teams to play, so last year it would have been HM, Edina, BSM, Roseau, Woodbury, Tonka, Burnsville, & Blaine vs. teams like Catholic Memorial and Xavier in Boston, Arch Bishop Ryan in Philadelphia, Demarast in DC, and maybe even some prep schools from out east. That would be fun to watch.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

komada77 wrote:I'd like to see a Minnesota vs. New England tourney. Take the top 8 teams from MN and top 8 from New England, make it a pool play tourney, and finally figure out who plays the best hockey. Obviously this would only work if you got the best teams to play, so last year it would have been HM, Edina, BSM, Roseau, Woodbury, Tonka, Burnsville, & Blaine vs. teams like Catholic Memorial and Xavier in Boston, Arch Bishop Ryan in Philadelphia, Demarast in DC, and maybe even some prep schools from out east. That would be fun to watch.
STA would be in that group instead of Blaine.
The U invented swagger.
IamLegend

Post by IamLegend »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
komada77 wrote:I'd like to see a Minnesota vs. New England tourney. Take the top 8 teams from MN and top 8 from New England, make it a pool play tourney, and finally figure out who plays the best hockey. Obviously this would only work if you got the best teams to play, so last year it would have been HM, Edina, BSM, Roseau, Woodbury, Tonka, Burnsville, & Blaine vs. teams like Catholic Memorial and Xavier in Boston, Arch Bishop Ryan in Philadelphia, Demarast in DC, and maybe even some prep schools from out east. That would be fun to watch.
Where is the yawn, oh there it is 8)

This event, if it ever did take place would need one BIG rink to support the fans! You can only imagine, that's as far as it will go.
I represent the Hawaiian hockey fans of the world!!
jancze5

This event

Post by jancze5 »

This event takes place every single year

It's call the Tier 1 AAA nationals
New England Prep School Hockey Recruiter
IamLegend

Re: This event

Post by IamLegend »

jancze5 wrote:This event takes place every single year

:roll:
I represent the Hawaiian hockey fans of the world!!
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

It already exists in March at the Excel center. :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
TheHockeyDJ

Re: This event

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

jancze5 wrote:This event takes place every single year

How many fans do they get? 30?
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

Rapids - you gotta get out of MN a little bit more. The games at the X in March are better attended but they are not, and never will be, a national tournament as much as all of us who love MN HS hockey would like to think. Sorry, jancze is correct. The national tournament does take place every single year, MN just does not participate.
defense

Post by defense »

Doglover wrote:Rapids - you gotta get out of MN a little bit more. The games at the X in March are better attended but they are not, and never will be, a national tournament as much as all of us who love MN HS hockey would like to think. Sorry, jancze is correct. The national tournament does take place every single year, MN just does not participate.
I disagree....isn't Tier 1 what Shattuck St. Mary's competes in and is a club league?????
We really do not want Minnesota High School hockey going the club direction....
jancze5

Funny

Post by jancze5 »

Funny thing is this, you guys are all right, the Minnesota high school tournament, for the teams that make it, are amazing. Nothing can compete against it, except maybe Texas high school football. It's the most unappreciated special event that goes unnoticed outside the borders of this state.

But when anyone makes the "I wish we could do a national tournament", the answer is, it already happens like it or not, and it happens at a level of hockey that isn't part of what makes Minnesota hockey special.
New England Prep School Hockey Recruiter
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Once they play AA I'll show them some respect.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Doglover wrote:Rapids - you gotta get out of MN a little bit more. The games at the X in March are better attended but they are not, and never will be, a national tournament as much as all of us who love MN HS hockey would like to think. Sorry, jancze is correct. The national tournament does take place every single year, MN just does not participate.

Seriously how many fans do they get?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

komada77 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Looks like you wouldn't have been taking the best teams then. :roll:
The U invented swagger.
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Maybe the STA team from the past few years but I don't see the team for this season being that dominate, they win by default due to the conference and classA but I don't see them getting by as easy.
Tenoverpar

Fans?

Post by Tenoverpar »

Rapids....So are we saying that the National Tournament means nothing because it doesn't have 18K fans at the X like the Minnesota high school tournament?

How well do you think the top Minnesota teams from this year would fare against the Elite League teams that are playing right now?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Pucknutz69 wrote:Maybe the STA team from the past few years but I don't see the team for this season being that dominate, they win by default due to the conference and classA but I don't see them getting by as easy.
We're talking about last years team and if they should be considered a better team than Blaine was.
The U invented swagger.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
komada77 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: STA would be in that group instead of Blaine.
How can you say STA is one of the top 8 teams in the state when they never play anybody in the tourney who is even remotely close to their talent level. If you wanna be the best, you've gotta beat the best.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

komada77 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
komada77 wrote: Once they play AA I'll show them some respect.
How can you say STA is one of the top 8 teams in the state when they never play anybody in the tourney who is even remotely close to their talent level. If you wanna be the best, you've gotta beat the best.
Because I know hockey and I know a good team when I see one? If you know anything about hockey I think you would agree with me.
The U invented swagger.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

STA is a good team it's just that everyone hated the "bored" cheerleader for them, and that hurts them here...but that's about it. :lol: