National Tourney

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Good Idea?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 28

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Quality of play is not in question. I just wonder why anyone would want to play in a less exciting league. Sure the elite talent might be more, but why play a game that is little more exciting than a noon pond hockey in Chisholm.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
komada77 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: Looks like you wouldn't have been taking the best teams then. :roll:
How can you say STA is one of the top 8 teams in the state when they never play anybody in the tourney who is even remotely close to their talent level. If you wanna be the best, you've gotta beat the best.
Because I know hockey and I know a good team when I see one? If you know anything about hockey I think you would agree with me.
That's where we disagree then. I agree STA is a very good (the best, in fact) team against inferior competition. But if they want to be considered among the best of the best, they have to prove they deserve it.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

komada77 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
komada77 wrote: How can you say STA is one of the top 8 teams in the state when they never play anybody in the tourney who is even remotely close to their talent level. If you wanna be the best, you've gotta beat the best.
Because I know hockey and I know a good team when I see one? If you know anything about hockey I think you would agree with me.
That's where we disagree then. I agree STA is a very good (the best, in fact) team against inferior competition. But if they want to be considered among the best of the best, they have to prove they deserve it.
Once again. :roll:
The U invented swagger.
gitter

Post by gitter »

December 27, 2007

STA 7
Blaine 2

I think this proves the Blaine - STA theory from last year.
Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

NISS

Post by Mitch Hawker »

Someone is trying to put together such a tournament in Western NY. The National Invitational Scholastic Showcase does exist (3rd Annual) but they have yet to attract Upper Midwest or New England teams. I know that the organizers want them but have been unable to get them so far.

Here is the info on this year's upcoming edition:

" November 3, 2008 - The Pa Hockey Foundation will conduct the 3rd Annual National Invitational Scholastic Showcase - December 5-7, 2008 at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena in Jamestown, NY. The Tournament Schedule is below and this unique event features top Interscholastic Hockey Teams from 8 different State and Regions.

This Invitational event will be open to State Champions, Finalists, Semi-Finalists and Exempt Champions and we try to ensure that each school participating will face three out-of-state opponents in the preliminary round of competition. The tournament will be played the state of the art Jamestown Savings Bank Arena in Jamestown, New York. The Pa Hockey Network plans to Webcast the event LIVE on the Pa Hockey Online Store www.pahockey.biz Website including a Preliminary and Medal Round Semi-Finals and Governor’s Cup Final action.

Those who plan to attend in person can purchase Tournament Badges online on the Pa Hockey Online Store at www.pahockey.biz for just $15.00 [until 12/1/08] and $ 20.00 at the gate. The Jamestown Savings Bank Arena will be hosting a social on Saturday December 6th from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM with food, fun and a few guest speakers for the players, coaches, parents and fans in attendance.

The event has grown in its outreach and welcomes 10-Time and 2008 Maryland State Champions Dematha Catholic, 3-Time New York Champions Cheektowaga and Western NY power Grand Island and 2008 Tennessee State Champions Pope John Paul II to a great field of schools. Illinois will once again send a strong contingent with 2008 Blackhawk Cup Red Champions Glenbrook North and 2008 Finalists New Trier Green along with perennial Illinois powers St Rita, Fenwick and Prairie Ridge. Western Pennsylvania will be represented by 5-time PA State Champions Bethel Park 2007 Champions North Allegheny, 2006 Champions Mt Lebanon, Upper St Clair and Erie McDowell and Eastern Pennsylvania will be represented by 2008 Flyers Cup Finalists Holy Ghost Prep and Indiana will send 2008 5A Indiana Finalist Hamilton Southeastern. The winners of each bracket in preliminary round play will move on to the Semi-Final Medal Round on Sunday December 7th to vie for the Governor’s Cup at 1:15 PM on Sunday. "
batman

National Invitational Scholastic Showcase

Post by batman »

Hockey Hub USA
United States High School Hockey’s Championship Website
www.pahockey.us
and
Pa Hockey
Pennsylvania’s # 1 Interscholastic Hockey Website
www.pahockey.net
……….proudly announces the 6th Annual ………….

National Invitational Scholastic Showcase
Nov 30th & December 1st & 2nd , 2012 ~ Jamestown Savings Bank – Jamestown, NY

The Pa Hockey Foundation is sponsoring the National Invitational Scholastic Showcase event on November 30th and December 1st and 2nd , 2012 at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena in Jamestown, New York. With the 2012 State Championships in over 43 States across the United States being competed across the country, we are working toward a unique event featuring some of the top High School Hockey programs in the country for a three-day event during the 2012-2013 season. Your school is invited to apply for participation in a 16-20 team showcase of the top Varsity high school teams from across the United States. This event will host the best teams regionally and nationally to compete for the Governor’s Cup at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena in New York.

This Invitational event will be open to State Champions, Finalists, Semi-Finalists and Exempt Champions and we will attempt to limit to a total of four to six schools from any particular area [State or Region] to ensure that each school participating will face three out-of-state opponents in the preliminary round of competition. The tournament will be played on 2 rinks in prime time for this round robin event.

Invitations will be sent to State Champions, State Finalists and State Semi-Finalists from across the United States in June of 2012. If a school is interested in participating in this event, it should mail or e-mail a fully executed ‘Letter of Interest’ to the Pa Hockey Foundation NO LATER than June 30th, 2012. Schools will be notified of their acceptance and will be further given instructions, when the tournament field and waiting list are completed by June 30, 2012. In addition, we invite you to consider the 17th Annual Pa Hockey Scholastic Showcase at the Harmarville in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania being held on December 28-31, 2012, that will feature the top teams in Western Pennsylvania and additional schools regionally and nationally.

Should you have any questions, please contact Jeff Mauro at 412-848-3750 [Cell Phone] E-Mail at JEFFMAURO@AOL.COM

Read more: http://pahockey.proboards.com/index.cgi ... z1wVBdb4UE
batman

NISS

Post by batman »

Update 6/1/12 ~ 15 schools have expressed interest for committment to the 7th National Invitational Scholastic Showcase.

The 2012 NISS Field will be the best ever including the following:
~ 1 Defending Champions - Ontario Hockey Academy
~ 3 Ohio Schools including Ohio Champion and Semi-Finalist
~ 4 Western Pa Schools including Penguins Cup Champions for the past two years
~ 2 Indiana Schools including Indiana Champion
~ 3 Illinois Schools
~ 1 Eastern Pennsylvania Flyers Cup Finalists
~ 1 Erie Cathedral Prep ~ 2012 Penguins Cup Finalists

Read more: http://pahockey.proboards.com/index.cgi ... z1tvujQJ1K

Read more: http://pahockey.proboards.com/index.cgi ... z1wVBpncSL