Psssst, don't look now, the USHL is watching you...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:How is Warroad ranked higher with no players on the lists (no USHL talent), and then St Thomas has eleven from two birth years? - That's on topic? Answer that one Flyer........ ASAP :(
That St Thomas Academy team sure must be good. :lol: :roll: :idea: :idea: :idea:

11-STA Section 4A/AA Advance Team Members
F-Crandall (92), All Conference
F-Gavin (92)
F-Reid (92), All Conference
F-Isakson (92), All Conference-Committed to Minnesota
F-Schroeder (92), Honorable Mention
G-Altrichter (92), All Conference
F-Kroska (93)
F-Krieger (93)
D-Fleming (93), All Conference
D-Schurhamer (93), Honorable Mention
G-McNeely (93)-Committed to Maine

4-Warroad Section 8A/AA Advance Team Members
F-Stoskopf (92)
F-Hebel (92)
D-Olson (92)
F- Fowler (93)

Bodangles, come back when you can field a team. Lets compare notes again after the spring USHL draft.
ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE MY POINT?
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MrBoDangles wrote:How is Warroad ranked higher with no players on the lists (no USHL talent), and then St Thomas has eleven from two birth years? - That's on topic? Answer that one Flyer........ ASAP :(
11 from STA and 0 from a better Warroad team- Put the crack pipe down Neal
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Not too hard to figure out who you are after looking at the USHL scouts on their website, Neal. Homer with a lot of pull for his old HS team. :oops: messed up system for the northern MN boys. :roll: :twisted:
breakout

Post by breakout »

MrBoDangles wrote:
If that is accurate, that is a joke.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

breakout wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
If that is accurate, that is a joke.
Look at the lists on the other two pages. Joke is a light way to put it.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:That St Thomas Academy team sure must be good. :lol: :roll: :idea: :idea: :idea:

F-Gavin (92)
F-Kroska (93)
F-Krieger (93)

F-Stoskopf (92)
F-Hebel (92)
D-Olson (92)
F- Fowler (93)

Bodangles, come back when you can field a team. Lets compare notes again after the spring USHL draft.
ARE YOU TRYING TO PROOVE MY POINT?
no, proving my point.

Bodangles, earlyer this year you critised the USHL scouting service for not doing a good job of identifiy the top 92 & 93 players and you used the comparision of STA vs. Warroad. My response to you was, "which 92 & 93 birth year from warroad did they miss? No response from you.

I then gave you some names of Warroad players that was possible a 92's and 93 asked you to confirm, no answer.

So 2-3 months later, we are now through the first round of advance 16/17 and after the tryouts are complete, only 4 players from warroad and 11 from STA. Is it possible that STA has a significanlty more 92 & 93 birth year than warroad and they also happen to be a very talented group of 92-93's?

Bodangs-Are there any 92-93's from waroads varsisty that I have not mentioned so far, that you care to point out that have been over looked? Is it possible the Warroads team this year consisted of more 91's and a few 90's than 92-93's and these same 90-91 warroad where the leaders of thier team? Are we really comparing apples to apples here?

It is interesting, the same STA players on the players to watch list from Dec. "all" made it through the first round of advance 16/17. Will be interesting to see how many make to the final 54.
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

MrBoDangles .... is there a website which shows who made this year's Classic Suburban All Conference Team (and honorable mention)?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:

F-Gavin (92)
F-Kroska (93)
F-Krieger (93)

F-Stoskopf (92)
F-Hebel (92)
D-Olson (92)
F- Fowler (93)

no, proving my point.

Bodangles, earlyer this year you critised the USHL scouting service for not doing a good job of identifiy the top 92 & 93 players and you used the comparision of STA vs. Warroad. My response to you was, "which 92 & 93 birth year from warroad did they miss? No response from you.

I then gave you some names of Warroad players that was possible a 92's and 93 asked you to confirm, no answer.

So 2-3 months later, we are now through the first round of advance 16/17 and after the tryouts are complete, only 4 players from warroad and 11 from STA. Is it possible that STA has a significanlty more 92 & 93 birth year than warroad and they also happen to be a very talented group of 92-93's?

Bodangs-Are there any 92-93's from waroads varsisty that I have not mentioned so far, that you care to point out that have been over looked? Is it possible the Warroads team this year consisted of more 91's and a few 90's than 92-93's and these same 90-91 warroad where the leaders of thier team? Are we really comparing apples to apples here?

It is interesting, the same STA players on the players to watch list from Dec. "all" made it through the first round of advance 16/17. Will be interesting to see how many make to the final 54.
I guess if you were from Warroad you would be trying to push 11 through also. Don't try to explain the 11-0, you make yourself sound stupid.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

11 - and you can take 16 other top class A or AA teams to get that amount - or maybe Duluth East the last 12 years - Be fair to the kids, it's obviously not happening right now!
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:

F-Gavin (92)
F-Kroska (93)
F-Krieger (93)

F-Stoskopf (92)
F-Hebel (92)
D-Olson (92)
F- Fowler (93)

no, proving my point.

And no I didn't see those 4 Warroad 92's and 93's on your crumbling list- I sure did see the STA kids though. :lol: - hang it up!
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

MrBoDangles wrote:Not too hard to figure out who you are after looking at the USHL scouts on their website, Neal. Homer with a lot of pull for his old HS team. :oops: messed up system for the northern MN boys. :roll: :twisted:
The USHL has nothing to do with Advance 16/17 tryouts. You want to start pointing fingers, start with your own Northern, MN boys coaches, as they are the ones selecting the section 8A/AA advance teams, not the USHL.

There is a reason there are only 4 Warroad players on this years section 8A/AA advance teams. Theres also a good reason why there are 11 STA players on the section 4A/AA teams. I'm sure they all "earned" it.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Not too hard to figure out who you are after looking at the USHL scouts on their website, Neal. Homer with a lot of pull for his old HS team. :oops: messed up system for the northern MN boys. :roll: :twisted:
The USHL has nothing to do with Advance 16/17 tryouts. You want to start pointing fingers, start with your own Northern, MN boys coaches, as they are the ones selecting the section 8A/AA advance teams, not the USHL.

There is a reason there are only 4 Warroad players on this years section 8A/AA advance teams. Theres also a good reason why there are 11 STA players on the section 4A/AA teams. I'm sure they all "earned" it.
The topic was your USHL lists
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:

Nice try!
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

MrBoDangles wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote: The USHL has nothing to do with Advance 16/17 tryouts. You want to start pointing fingers, start with your own Northern, MN boys coaches, as they are the ones selecting the section 8A/AA advance teams, not the USHL.

Nice try!
And where do you think the USHl starts thier watch list at? Select 15, 16 advance tryouts. Interesting that the same kids who keep making it through the advacne tryouts are the same ones who are on the USHL players to watch list.

If the USHL is doing such a bad job identifiy the top 92 & 93 players to watch, which ones do you think they should be watching??? Care to put your opinions to the test? Can you back up all your critisim of the USHL here on the forum? Don't do it for me, do for all those poor neglected 93's and 92's that are just not getting the recognition they have earned. Make sure you can back up your opinions with some of thier accomplishments too.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:The topic was your USHL lists
Nice try!
And where do you think the USHl starts thier watch list at? Select 15, 16 advance tryouts. Interesting that the same kids who keep making it through the advacne tryouts are the same ones who are on the USHL players to watch list.

If the USHL is doing such a bad job identifiy the top 92 & 93 players to watch, which ones do you think they should be watching??? Care to put your opinions to the test? Can you back up all your critisim of the USHL here on the forum? Don't do it for me, do for all those poor neglected 93's and 92's that are just not getting the recognition they have earned. Make sure you can back up your opinions with some of thier accomplishments too.
So what you are saying is nearly every kid on the STA team was on the USHL list and they could not have a better CLASS A team? I will say again that a better team had 0? :roll:

Obviously, there is favoratism going on, and you are making yourself look like a joke!

Why you keep bringing up advanced teams is beyond me.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

DmanDad1980 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:As long as we're at it, here are the 1994's...

Chase Broten - Roseau - F

Who's kid is this?
Aaron's boy...

Neal & Paul live in River Falls & Woodbury, respectively...
Actually, Shawn's boy, who is a cousing of Neal, Aaron, Paul, & Jacob.

Great player, great kid.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

And, there are kids on that list who have not played in an Advanced tournament.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

youngblood08 wrote:Before you go spouting off you should look at the USHL website. Go to the Scouting Staff section and you will see 4-5 FHIT instructors listed as scouts for the USHL. I will not give out the names as some of you guys are nuts!
I just agreed about the FHIT..... The whole STA team pretty much being on the draft list is the big joke...Keep trying High Flyer.
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:Before you go spouting off you should look at the USHL website. Go to the Scouting Staff section and you will see 4-5 FHIT instructors listed as scouts for the USHL. I will not give out the names as some of you guys are nuts!
I just agreed about the FHIT..... The whole STA team pretty much being on the draft list is the big joke...Keep trying High Flyer.
i do not agree that there are too many sta kids on the list, look at the southwest elite team. they had 7 sta kids and they were the best team in the league. not to mention one of sta's best D didnt play in the elite league due to soccer. that would make 8 potental ushl players. the other 3 players are very talanted players that also have potental to play in the ushl. they all desearve to be on the list
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
i do not agree that there are too many sta kids on the list, look at the southwest elite team. they had 7 sta kids and they were the best team in the league. not to mention one of sta's best D didnt play in the elite league due to soccer. that would make 8 potental ushl players. the other 3 players are very talanted players that also have potental to play in the ushl. they all desearve to be on the list
With all those USHL players you would think they would smoke teams like Blaine and Duluth East in AA...Take a look at the USHL website and click on scouts... It will wake you up. :idea: :idea:
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

Here is a link to the USHL website (from Oct 21st) which announces that they are creating a Player Development Division. In the article, it states that this group will be taking over the function of the Central Scouting group.

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2762

This may explains why the page showing the old list of scouts has been taken down off of the USHL website. It apprears that the FHIT connection with Central Scouting (that you imply) may not be a factor when it comes to this year's draft lists.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Husky88 wrote:Here is a link to the USHL website (from Oct 21st) which announces that they are creating a Player Development Division. In the article, it states that this group will be taking over the function of the Central Scouting group.

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2762

This may explains why the page showing the old list of scouts has been taken down off of the USHL website. It apprears that the FHIT connection with Central Scouting (that you imply) may not be a factor when it comes to this year's draft lists.
Great news! I feel bad for the kids that didn't get a fair shake in years past......
Hockeywatcher123

MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: I just agreed about the FHIT..... The whole STA team pretty much being on the draft list is the big joke...Keep trying High Flyer.
With all those USHL players you would think they would smoke teams like Blaine and Duluth East in AA...Take a look at the USHL website and click on scouts... It will wake you up. :idea: :idea:
sta has a lot of talent. they should be a AA. all im saying is that the players that are on the list for sta desearve to be on it. i know that there are same good players from the north that should be on the list.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote: i do not agree that there are too many sta kids on the list, look at the southwest elite team. they had 7 sta kids and they were the best team in the league. not to mention one of sta's best D didnt play in the elite league due to soccer. that would make 8 potental ushl players. the other 3 players are very talanted players that also have potental to play in the ushl. they all desearve to be on the list
sta has a lot of talent. they should be a AA. all im saying is that the players that are on the list for sta desearve to be on it. i know that there are same good players from the north that should be on the list.
I have counted 32 good to very good class AA teams that have 7 combined..........And if like you say "SOME GOOD PLAYERS FROM THE NORTH DESERVE TO BE ON THE LIST' would'nt that probably drop down the numbers of STA players :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hockeywatcher123

MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: With all those USHL players you would think they would smoke teams like Blaine and Duluth East in AA...Take a look at the USHL website and click on scouts... It will wake you up. :idea: :idea:
I have counted 32 good to very good class AA teams that have 7 combined..........And if like you say "SOME GOOD PLAYERS FROM THE NORTH DESERVE TO BE ON THE LIST' would'nt that probably drop down the numbers of STA players :shock: :shock: :shock:
look there are alot of players who should be on the list who are not. it is nothing to worry about. if you are a player you will get found no matter what. all im saying is we shouldnt take anything away from the kids who are on the list. they are all good players and desearve to be on it