Little Falls In 09-10 Season.

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bigdipper08

Little Falls In 09-10 Season.

Post by Bigdipper08 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:03 am

Does anyone think Little Falls has a chance at state next year?
Remeber the team was composed of mostly seniors, and there
are no real stars moving up.

bluelineenvy

Post by bluelineenvy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:33 am

Sartell and Alex will battle for the section title next year. Sartell returns almost their entire team which was pretty good. Don't underestimate Alex and coach scott woods. Alex will be tough, & if they get good goalie play may knock sartell off.
I think LF has little chance to repeat. They have some good underclassman (very good bantam squad) coming up but are a year or two away from contending for section champs.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 am

bluelineenvy wrote:Sartell and Alex will battle for the section title next year. Sartell returns almost their entire team which was pretty good. Don't underestimate Alex and coach scott woods. Alex will be tough, & if they get good goalie play may knock sartell off.
I think LF has little chance to repeat. They have some good underclassman (very good bantam squad) coming up but are a year or two away from contending for section champs.
I don't think they will do much next year. They have no goalie experience, little defensive experience and only a few forwards with any experience at the varsity level. A couple years from now they should contend.

Goldy Gopher

Re: Little Falls In 09-10 Season.

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Bigdipper08 wrote:Does anyone think Little Falls has a chance at state next year?
Remeber the team was composed of mostly seniors, and there
are no real stars moving up.
0 chance.

It's looking like Alex and Sartell are the front runners.
The U invented swagger.

EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Alex and Sartell will be the favorites next year. LF will be down, they will be young and inexperienced but after a year or two should be right back in the hunt for a section title.

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:43 pm

EZgoalscorer wrote:Alex and Sartell will be the favorites next year. LF will be down, they will be young and inexperienced but after a year or two should be right back in the hunt for a section title.
I will agree with that except for the Alex part.

gaborik

Post by gaborik » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 pm

How about the Otters? they return most of their team for next year

defense

Post by defense » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:40 pm

gaborik wrote:How about the Otters? they return most of their team for next year
:wink: sshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshsh.......

bluelineenvy

Post by bluelineenvy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Indians forever wrote:
EZgoalscorer wrote:Alex and Sartell will be the favorites next year. LF will be down, they will be young and inexperienced but after a year or two should be right back in the hunt for a section title.
Do you think that Sartell has no challengers or that someone else besides Alex will be the main contenders? And If so which team and why?

defense

Post by defense » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:19 pm

bluelineenvy wrote:
Indians forever wrote:
Do you think that Sartell has no challengers or that someone else besides Alex will be the main contenders? And If so which team and why?
I think that section 6a will be as balanced as it ever has been next year.
Sartell may be the early favorite, but Alexandria should be looking pretty confident. Success breeds success doesn't the old saying go??? well who's to say Little Falls won't be the powerhouse again???? Detroit Lakes has been down awhile, but their due, and Fergus Falls returns all but 5 from their less than average season. Didn't they add Willmar and Litchfeild, I think everyone has to seriously look at these two .... being they're the "unknowns"......

While maybe not as dominant in the past couple of years, I'll still be watching for Little Falls to be the favorite, unless some other team can prove otherwise....

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Doesnt alex lose most of their team including their goalie. Sartell was pretty good and young. Willmar comes back into the section and they probably would have been the top team in section 3 next year had they remained there. I know section 3 is not that strong but they should be able to compete with Sartell, FF, and Alex. Ltlle Falls loses too much.
Go Otters

shins

Post by shins » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am

Little Falls will be nowhere near the section finals next year..... they have a lot of young talent coming and will be back in year or two, but not next year.

Most people point to Sartell, and that would have to be who I would pick, but they will have a group of seniors next year that have been talked about ever since going to state in Bantams a few years back.... two years ago they were smoked in the semi-finals (no big deal, they were mainly sophs), this year they were smoked in the semi-finals as juniors and played very chippy and undisciplined hockey--- my question is, now that they are seniors have they really shown us anything. They have not really come close to even challenging the last two years...... 6A could be bracing itself for some bashing next year as they drop down in talent level (it is too bad that Alex and LF both had their top classes this year.... the Cards would have been a quality team down at state, but never got the chance, where next year they would have walked through the section)

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Hard time giving Alex as much credit as a lot of people want to give them last year. Good win-loss record but did not beat a rated team. Beat Roseau at Christmas tournament but Roseau was only 500 at the time and not playing real good hockey. Close games with some rated teams but never got over the hump. People gave Little Falls grief all year for an undefeated regular season against a weak schedule, but they had wins over Oh yeah wait St. Cloud Cathedral ,Alex, and Virginia

scarface

Post by scarface » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 am

viewfromthetop wrote:Doesnt alex lose most of their team including their goalie. Sartell was pretty good and young. Willmar comes back into the section and they probably would have been the top team in section 3 next year had they remained there. I know section 3 is not that strong but they should be able to compete with Sartell, FF, and Alex. Ltlle Falls loses too much.
Go Otters
Alex loses Seniors Hemingway (G), Tyler Resch (F), Marv Wensman (D), Bennet Black (F), Cody Rieland (F), Justin Aaberg (F), Tyler Hocum (F) and Mike Sahli (D). The real difference makers being Hemingway, Resch and Wensman in that order. They return some solid players in Vangsness (C), Ross Thompson (C), Thomas Williams (F), Kirby Nelson (D). They will need to replace a great goalie in Hemingway but they have plenty of fire power left to put the puck in the net.

GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 am

Watching this season, I am taking Sartell or Fergus. Little Falls will be young and inexperience, but Tony will have them up to par in the coming years.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 am

I'm picking Alex.

orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Little falls was overrated in the 08-09 season even though they did have a decent squad. No chance that they will return to the X in 2010 though.

SCC2009

Post by SCC2009 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 am

LF will be a .500 team....look for sartell and alex to be the top teams...apollo's fall from grace as a decent AA team to not being able to compete in single A is embarrasing. Apollo and tech should combine teams to finally compete at the AA level and give the school district a much needed break with their budget woes.....it makes sense on so many levels for them to combine.
Who raises their stick after scoring an empty netter?