USHL Scouting Camp in Chicago

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

russianknights

USHL Scouting Camp in Chicago

Post by russianknights » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Is this a moneymaker or is this actually something worth checking into? I think it is a moneymaker!

Factsmatter1

Re: USHL Scouting Camp in Chicago

Post by Factsmatter1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm

russianknights wrote:Is this a moneymaker or is this actually something worth checking into? I think it is a moneymaker!
The only kids invited to attend this are kids who are on the USHL draft lists. In this regard it is legitimate so the competition is guaranteed to be pretty good. As to whether or not it is a money maker or not who knows but let's keep in mind the USHL is a for profit organization and they don't try to hide this.

seek & destroy

Re: USHL Scouting Camp in Chicago

Post by seek & destroy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:47 pm

russianknights wrote:Is this a moneymaker or is this actually something worth checking into? I think it is a moneymaker!
There is no question this is a moneymaker because most every event like this is but from what I have heard it is a well run, high quality, well scouted event that involves many of the better players in the country. The fee isn't that bad (around $350) for what you get.

The players are all invite only and mostly USHL prospects that have been identified by local scouts so they are all pretty good. It is heavily attended by scouts especially from the USHL teams but also other levels. There are a total of 6 games and most of them are two 28 minutes stop time halves so there is a lot of ice. The assigned coaches talk with the players about things to work on during the games and the players are all pretty serious about their game so the competition is high. In my opinion based on what I have heard, if you are invited I would go.

GR3343

Post by GR3343 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Very well run event, very well scouted by USHL, NCAA, EJHL, and NAHL scouts. Very good feedback from USHL staff including several head coaches as well as the director of central scouting and the league commissioner. Great competition as the players all seem to realize what they're there for. 6 games in 4 days is well worth the $ spent for the exposure and competition.
Character is who you are when no one is watching

donkeykong

Post by donkeykong » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:21 am

When is this camp held?

CenterIce

Post by CenterIce » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:18 pm

I've been to this event and was impressed. From top to bottom, every kid there could play the game. The list of scounts in attendance was equally impressive.

Husky88

Post by Husky88 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Here is a recent story about the showcase:

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2472

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Very nice article.