Velocity Hockey Program Now Adding "99" AAA Team

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pond Hockey Rink

Velocity Hockey Program Now Adding "99" AAA Team

Post by Pond Hockey Rink »

Velocity Hockey Center Announces they are adding a NEW! Boys 1999 AAA team for the 2010 season.

Tryouts will be held Next Month at the Hockey Center. Tryouts are FREE.

Registration and Details of the program can be found at www.velocityhockeycenter.com
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

Why just this birthyear and is Rahn not coaching the 96s anymore?
Pond Hockey Rink

Post by Pond Hockey Rink »

Coach Rahn and his staff are still coaching their 96 team as well as the NEW 99 team now.
stupidiswhatstupiddoes

details -

Post by stupidiswhatstupiddoes »

What does it cost?
How many hours on ice?
How many hours of dryland?
Practices just at Velocity?
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

Pond Hockey Rink wrote:Coach Rahn and his staff are still coaching their 96 team as well as the NEW 99 team now.

INTERESTING ... word on the street is a large part of the 96 and 99 'construction cones' are heading to Velocity. Is Coach Rahn at least paying MM a finder's fee??? :lol:
manchild

Post by manchild »

I can assure you that no 99 Machine kids will leave Berine's team to go to Velocity. Unless they are kids that get cut. The "word is" may be two players might get cut. Remember 11 of them are playing on the fire with Bernie. He would have taken them all if he could. Every kid on that team tryout for the fire
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Velocity is a great choice for kids - I am sure they will have a awesome experience
Bring-it-don't-Sing-it!!

Post by Bring-it-don't-Sing-it!! »

SuperStar wrote:Velocity is a great choice for kids - I am sure they will have a awesome experience

suck up!
Bring-it-don't-Sing-it!!

Bring-it-don't-Sing-it!! wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Velocity is a great choice for kids - I am sure they will have a awesome experience

suck up!
haha superstar
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Atleast I can pay for my own Bar tabs..! :lol:
Bring-it-don't-Sing-it!!

SuperStar wrote:Atleast I can pay for my own Bar tabs..! :lol:
I know you owe me!! :-({|=
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

manchild wrote:I can assure you that no 99 Machine kids will leave Berine's team to go to Velocity. Unless they are kids that get cut. The "word is" may be two players might get cut. Remember 11 of them are playing on the fire with Bernie. He would have taken them all if he could. Every kid on that team tryout for the fire
Ya, I'm pretty sure that's why Bernie had a hissy fit and went ape on the 96s because a number of them had been 'shopping' teams. I could totally see him yelling at the entire team because two kids being cut were looking for a new home.

\:D/ :^o [-(
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

a number of them had been 'shopping' teams
That is not the rumor I heard.

I'm not that in touch, so I tend to believe much of what people say - shame on me! Do we just make stuff up now? Have we slid from entertaining exagerations to flat out lies?
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

InigoMontoya wrote:
a number of them had been 'shopping' teams
That is not the rumor I heard.

I'm not that in touch, so I tend to believe much of what people say - shame on me! Do we just make stuff up now? Have we slid from entertaining exagerations to flat out lies?
That's DIRECTLY from a dad with a kid on the team (and not one that was going to be cut).
Shut The Puck Up

Post by Shut The Puck Up »

CasseauCougar wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
That's DIRECTLY from a dad with a kid on the team (and not one that was going to be cut).
You tell em Cougar! If anyone knows what's going on it's that unidentified dad who gives it to you directly!

drinks later? :lol:
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

Shut The Puck Up wrote:
CasseauCougar wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote: You tell em Cougar! If anyone knows what's going on it's that unidentified dad who gives it to you directly!

drinks later? :lol:
SUPER first post. =D>

Cocktails always appreciated.
manchild

Post by manchild »

Team Velocity,

Hi. Can you tell us a little bit about the coaches at each level? A short bio on each head coach would be helpful. Is Velocity intended to replace the Deuce program?

What is Velosity's philosophy? For example, do you roll the lines? Do you shorten the bench? Do you bring in outside players to play in tournaments during the season? How many hours of ice? How many tournaments? How many tournaments are in-town versus out-of-town? What is the cost of the program?

It would be nice if we could use this forum to comparatively shop the different AAA programs so that we all have a better understanding of all the programs that advertise their try outs on this forum.

In a nutshell, why is Team Velocity different than its competitors?
nobama

Post by nobama »

The practices are open to the parents and they have no plans on installing a

BIG BLACK CURTAIN 8)
hiptzech

Post by hiptzech »

manchild wrote:Team Velocity,

Hi. Can you tell us a little bit about the coaches at each level? A short bio on each head coach would be helpful. Is Velocity intended to replace the Deuce program?

What is Velosity's philosophy? For example, do you roll the lines? Do you shorten the bench? Do you bring in outside players to play in tournaments during the season? How many hours of ice? How many tournaments? How many tournaments are in-town versus out-of-town? What is the cost of the program?

It would be nice if we could use this forum to comparatively shop the different AAA programs so that we all have a better understanding of all the programs that advertise their try outs on this forum.

Good Old Microsoft...

Ctrl/F, Find, Replace With
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

Careful.................... Manchild is the poster boy for MM. He routinely carries the water for the powers that be over there. Manchild, if you are so interested in shopping it (for your '99' (down under child--and I'm not talking about Australia) on the Machine team now) why don't you pick up the phone and call them directly or check out their website.
Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki »

manchild wrote:Team Velocity,

Funny how this exact question was posed on another thread by "Hockey_is_ a choice". So is this the same person as you manchild? why the 2 monikers? what are you trying to hide? Relax and enjoy watching your kids grow up, it goes by fast and will be over soon.
tocanuck88

Post by tocanuck88 »

Hockeygirl2 your slander of me and my son is totally out of line, this is my first ever post on this forum. I am not your manchild, your hate for the orange is a weakness in your character.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

tocanuck88 wrote:Hockeygirl2 your slander of me and my son is totally out of line, this is my first ever post on this forum. I am not your manchild, your hate for the orange is a weakness in your character.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
iwearmysunglassesatnight

Post by iwearmysunglassesatnight »

[quote="CasseauCougar"][quote="Pond Hockey Rink"]Coach Rahn and his staff are still coaching their 96 team as well as the NEW 99 team now.[/quote]

INTERESTING ... word on the street is a large part of the 96 and 99 'construction cones' are heading to Velocity. Is Coach Rahn at least paying MM a finder's fee??? :lol:[/quote]

mostly 96's, wow max exodus of 96 orange. http://www.velocityhockeycenter.com/roster/show/22141
Was a duster and paying for it?????
hockey_is_a_choice

Post by hockey_is_a_choice »

Funny how this exact question was posed on another thread by "Hockey_is_ a choice". So is this the same person as you manchild? why the 2 monikers? what are you trying to hide? Relax and enjoy watching your kids grow up, it goes by fast and will be over soon.
Carl,

Ouch! I can assure you that Manchild and I are not the same person. Please look at my post on the Team Torspo thread where good 'ole MC attacked me for asking the identical questions he is asking Velocity. Plagarism is the ultimate form of flattery. Also, check my post on the Caribou Cup thread where I admonished the MC for having the brains and judgment of my cat--on a good day. In a nutshell, unlike the MC, I don't overindulge in Orange Kool-aid. While I have nothing against MM, I was unaware that Bernie asked me or anyone else to carry his flag for him.

In any event, the purpose of my questions regarding AAA programs is not to be advesarial; rather, the purpose of my questions is to allow those of us who write large checks to AAA programs to learn more information before we commit to a program. A program like Velocity should not be threatened by questions. Instead, Velocity should embrace the opportunity to answer my questions. Why? Because Velocity is a reputable program.

Enjoy the beautiful weather, Carl.