On a scale of 1-10 how sick will St. Louis Park JGA be?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

T-Train24

On a scale of 1-10 how sick will St. Louis Park JGA be?

Post by T-Train24 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 am

The new St. Louis Park Junior Gold A team will be made up of almost all Benilde-St. Margarets players so they will obvi be sick. Everyone knows they're going to state its just a question if they are going to get 1st or 2nd.

bigpictureguy

Post by bigpictureguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 am

That is exciting that SLP will have a JGA team. Good luck to you boys this season.

BlaineJGA

Post by BlaineJGA » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 pm

So I take it you think your going to be good enough to beat the good class AA schools that have enough to field 1 A team 2 B teams and 1 or 2 u16 teams. I say good luck to you guys but don't expect to make state. You will have some very tough competition in being Wessy Boy's, Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka and Eden Prairie. So hope you guys have a good your, but don't think you have won state by just fielding a team full of benilde kids

countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:48 am

You do of course realize that Benilde is where all the public school rejects go, right? All the kids from the Western suburbs who aren't quite good enough to play varsity in their city go to Benilde. I don't see how you think the rejects of the rejects (kids who are rejected from their own city, then rejected from benilde varsity) will be a force. Sure, I bet you guys will be good, but nothing special.
Iraqnam

blueblood

SLP JGA

Post by blueblood » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Well, well, Countrygentleman is back for another year!

When I saw he posted to the SLP JGA forum, I knew he would come thru with some good ol' trash talkin'.

Good on ya, CG!

P.S. how will EP be this year?

T-Train24

Post by T-Train24 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Pretty sure Benilde's highschool team is competitive every year. They have one of the best coaches in the state. They only reason they didn't go farther last year was because they lost in sections to the state champions, EP. But good try though.
Better get off the tracks the T-Trains comin

igb fo life

Post by igb fo life » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 pm

u bendys over at benilde woulda gotten beat by edina JGB last year

countrygentleman

Re: SLP JGA

Post by countrygentleman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm

blueblood wrote:Well, well, Countrygentleman is back for another year!

When I saw he posted to the SLP JGA forum, I knew he would come thru with some good ol' trash talkin'.

Good on ya, CG!

P.S. how will EP be this year?
After the three best hockey years of my life playing JGA, I'm now relegated to observer. I wish like hell I could play another year, but alas, that is not how it works out.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure EP will be good this year. Only three players return. After me manning the goal for three years (quite well in my own humble opinion), I think goaltending might be their biggest issue. We'll see though. I'm pumped to casually follow them from here in Madison.
Iraqnam

blueblood

EP

Post by blueblood » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 pm

CG:

Thanks for the update. And yes, you were a solid goalie for EP. Good luck at Madtown!

DustyBender

Post by DustyBender » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Obvi there going to win state. They got five kids who have already play JGA and have the two top scorers from the hopkins team last year. The question shouldn't be if they are going to take 1st or 2nd, it should be by how many goals are they going to win the championship by.

blueblood

SLP JGA

Post by blueblood » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 pm

If u guys r so good, why are there BSM kids showing up for the Tonka tryouts?

I wouldn't brag about hopkins kids, they were a bottom feeder last year....

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:39 pm

DustyBender wrote:Obvi there going to win state. They got five kids who have already play JGA and have the two top scorers from the hopkins team last year. The question shouldn't be if they are going to take 1st or 2nd, it should be by how many goals are they going to win the championship by.
I guarentee they don't win state if all the kids on the team are thinking like you, the season hasn't even started, someone shouldn't pump their own tires so much

blueblood

SLP JGA

Post by blueblood » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Yo T-train:

Give us a low-down on the new entry to the metro league.

How many players, what grades, what tourneys etc....

B-TRAIN 99

STUDDDSSS

Post by B-TRAIN 99 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 am

Id say with the big win over elk river tonight SLP will be comin out hot this year. They showed great talent against those goons at elk river. They will definitely be in the running this year with a great squad
MY NAMES BAKER ON JUNIOR GOLD B

Plankton

Post by Plankton » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:46 pm

nice quote man

NickSchorn1

SLP JGA....

Post by NickSchorn1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Well i cant say much for my team since we cant seem to win any games now that were out of the Duluth turny but from what i hear the SLP JGA team isnt sounding like too much of a threat.... and also T-Train24 idk how u can trash talk whats the furthest any of the SLP JGA teams has EVER gone before, nowhere? Not trying to brag but i dont plan on letting a bunch of bender's who cannot even make benildes jv or varsity team score many if any goals on me since i been seing 40+ shots every game and only against EP was it much a challenge just cuz they are usually a good team at any level.

Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 am

[quote="DustyBender"]Obvi there going to win state. They got five kids who have already play JGA and have the two top scorers from the hopkins team last year. The question shouldn't be if they are going to take 1st or 2nd, it should be by how many goals are they going to win the championship by.[/quote]

showed that tonight didnt u against lakeville

toomanystitches

Post by toomanystitches » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 am

Way to go Lakeville!!

10backdoor

slp... good? not really

Post by 10backdoor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:46 pm

SLP is a joke even with their AMAZING benilde kids they still wont go anywhere, they lost to lakeville last night 6-2 and lakeville was missing one of their star players, and playing with 11 skaters. this said SLP JGA state 2010 hahahaha not happenin.

GingerKid69

Post by GingerKid69 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Lakeville-6
St. Park- 2
Straight Sauce of a Mid-Western cheese known as Cheadder

blueblood

slp

Post by blueblood » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:28 am

what up slp? started off good; now what? it's the new year, time to put up or step aside...
Play Like a Champion Today

Zamboner69

Post by Zamboner69 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:52 pm

countrygentleman wrote:You do of course realize that Benilde is where all the public school rejects go, right? All the kids from the Western suburbs who aren't quite good enough to play varsity in their city go to Benilde. I don't see how you think the rejects of the rejects (kids who are rejected from their own city, then rejected from benilde varsity) will be a force. Sure, I bet you guys will be good, but nothing special.
pretty sure if you dont make a hockey team your parents will then start paying for your education ... and unless your being rejected from EP, EDINA, or TONKA your not gunna be moving down in skill to benilde

rhino06

Post by rhino06 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 pm

countrygentleman wrote:You do of course realize that Benilde is where all the public school rejects go, right? All the kids from the Western suburbs who aren't quite good enough to play varsity in their city go to Benilde. I don't see how you think the rejects of the rejects (kids who are rejected from their own city, then rejected from benilde varsity) will be a force. Sure, I bet you guys will be good, but nothing special.
If I am correct, your from EP right? 1. We beat EP tonight 5-3 and 2. Thanks for the "rejects" Jacob Meyers and Brett Patterson...Get your facts straight.

Reg Dunlap

SLP Beat EP?

Post by Reg Dunlap » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

What is up with EP? They lost to SLP? Wow, they have really fallen off.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.

blueblood

Ep

Post by blueblood » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 pm

my opinion:

Lots of seniors on last year's JGA team with very few (if any) returning players, along with the fact that many ep youth players are not playing at ephs (patterson, thompson, meyers; etc)

They started off well in duluth going undefeated but appear to be struggling in metro league. One thing going for them is they have played the least amount of games in the league.

A big test for them next week in the edina tourney. They are in a tough pool with Brookings, SD (this is their varsity team) and tonka along with AACR.
Play Like a Champion Today