Young guys get snubbed?

Discussion of Minnesota HS Junior Varsity Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

toddy101

Young guys get snubbed?

Post by toddy101 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 pm

Im a freshman, and am born 1 day away from being a bantam right now. But age shouldnt matter, so why do coaches play the oblismal seniors on varsity over younger talent? Ecspecially if the team is doing really bad and has no hope of getting anywhere. So why dont coaches try to develope younger players? And not trying top be cocky, but i know i have the talent to play varisty. So what gives?

George Blanda

Re: Young guys get snubbed?

Post by George Blanda » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am

toddy101 wrote:Im a freshman, and am born 1 day away from being a bantam right now. But age shouldnt matter, so why do coaches play the oblismal seniors on varsity over younger talent? Ecspecially if the team is doing really bad and has no hope of getting anywhere. So why dont coaches try to develope younger players? And not trying top be cocky, but i know i have the talent to play varisty. So what gives?
You don't have the attitude to play varsity. If you did, you wouldn't have started this thread.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey

The Collector

Post by The Collector » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 pm

yes

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:29 pm

If you are a varsity caliber player than get out, practice, and prove it to the coaches.

clhockeykid06

Post by clhockeykid06 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 pm

i agree with george blanda. you dont have the varsity attitude. right now your thinking about what would be good for you, wrong. you should be thinking about what is better for the team. second, if you think you are good enough, show the coaches in practice, just cause you think your good enough, that doesnt mean thats what the coaches see and since they have the final say, you need to show them

PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am

clhockeykid06 wrote:i agree with george blanda. you dont have the varsity attitude. right now your thinking about what would be good for you, wrong. you should be thinking about what is better for the team. second, if you think you are good enough, show the coaches in practice, just cause you think your good enough, that doesnt mean thats what the coaches see and since they have the final say, you need to show them
Sounds like his Dad talking to me.

blueblood

cl kid

Post by blueblood » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Kid:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Most coaches today go with the younger talent over the senior. Obviously, you ain;t got it, yet....
Play Like a Champion Today