JGB State

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

UNDlars

JGB State

Post by UNDlars »

Matchups are:

Wayzata-Gold vs Wayzata-Blue

Edina-Green vs Edina-White

Woodbury vs Roseville

Burnsville vs St. Thomas/Hastings
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Wow, Roseville is our first draw. DANG! I heard they were amazing this year!
Plankton

Post by Plankton »

Switch Burnsville vs St. Thomas/Hastings and the game of the two Edina Teams though
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

Good luck to all teams. Should be interesting especially the Wayzata-on-Wayzata action. Didn't Blue upset Gold once already?
jvail19

Post by jvail19 »

any predictions???
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

Edina Green and Wayzata Gold in the championship.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

St. Thomas won.
Picks to move on:
Gold
Green
Burnsville
Woodbury/Roseville
I am from Woodbury so I am biased and don't wanna say I see us moving on haha
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Plankton wrote:Switch Burnsville vs St. Thomas/Hastings and the game of the two Edina Teams though
Sorry man. I just set it up as the matchups and not the bracket.

So the bracket is:

Wayzata-Gold
Wayzata-Blue

Burnsville
St.Thomas

Edina-Green
Edina-White

Woodbury
Roseville
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Anyone know how Roseville is this year? I assume pretty good since they made state.
Beakin'

Post by Beakin' »

Larsen550 wrote:Anyone know how Roseville is this year? I assume pretty good since they made state.
They are a decent, big team. They play physical hockey and have a few good kids that control most of the play for their team.
JGBallday14

JGB state tourney 2010

Post by JGBallday14 »

i see wayzata gold over blue. i see burnsville smokeing st. thomas btw watch out for 38 hes the smallest one on the team but wont hesitate to cheap shot you. i dont know much about the Edina teams but i assume either one will be a tough game. and i see woodbury over roseville because of all of woodburys scoreing threats.

i think that we will see a wayzata vs. woodbury final and that one could go either way, even though wayzata has beat woodbury 2 times this year they were both very close games.
Beakin'

Re: JGB state tourney 2010

Post by Beakin' »

JGBallday14 wrote:i see wayzata gold over blue. i see burnsville smokeing st. thomas btw watch out for 38 hes the smallest one on the team but wont hesitate to cheap shot you. i dont know much about the Edina teams but i assume either one will be a tough game. and i see woodbury over roseville because of all of woodburys scoreing threats.

i think that we will see a wayzata vs. woodbury final and that one could go either way, even though wayzata has beat woodbury 2 times this year they were both very close games.
Edina Green is a mostly senior team that have obviously played together for awhile. They have a lot of great forwards, so I'd have them against Wayzata Gold in the final.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Oooh. We usually struggle versus physical teams. If we move we can usually get past the physical-ness. Our two games vs Wayzata Gold came down to the last few minutes each game. 3-2 and 2-1. The 3-2 game was where our own player scored on us. But now nothing in the past matters, it's a whole new season.
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

JGBallday14 sucks at hockey. He should not be aloud on here.
He'll probably figure out which teamate of his this is hahaha
Sperten

Post by Sperten »

Yea I scored on our own net. Thanks for putting that up. :evil:
Last edited by Sperten on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sperten

Post by Sperten »

Larsen550 wrote:JGBallday14 sucks at hockey. He should not be aloud on here.
He'll probably figure out which teamate of his this is hahaha
I agree this kid is a straight up bender, there is not enought tape in the world for his ankles because # 38 on St. Thomas already bought it.
shutout30

Post by shutout30 »

Sperten wrote:Yea I scored on our own net. Thanks for putting that up. :evil:
It doesnt matter, you wouldn't have won the game anyway, but i look forward to seeing you again in the championship
JGBallday14

Sperten is an idoit

Post by JGBallday14 »

Ok Spermten at least i dont punch doors and waste the season on the bench and as far as Larson goes hes a sive and couldent stop a shot from that fruit on Rochester with the rainbow gloves. :)
Larsen550

Post by Larsen550 »

Shutout30... How do you know we wouldn't have won?
JGBallday14: I had to make him feel good so I gave him a goal hahaha besides, you couldn't score on Albert Lea in the district tourney haha
slumpking

Post by slumpking »

first rond:
gold 5
blue 0

burnsville 4
STA 1

Edina green 3
Edina White 1

Woodbury 4 (en)
Roseville 2

second round:
gold 2
burnsville 3

Edina Green 4
Woodbury 2

THE SHIP:
Burnsville 5
Edina 3

I know no body will agree with me and i doubt those will be the scores,however, i wont be suprised at all if we see two upsets in the second round sending green and burnsville to the ship. Burnsville lost to gold 2 0 and 2 1 (or 3 2), but burnsville has improved alot since then judging on how i saw them in regions. Woodbury no offense but your from D8 thats like putting a top u16 team against edina. The scores are ideas of how i think the games will go like blue vs gold, its going to be dominated by gold. IF IF IF burnsville and gold see eachother that will be a game to watch both teams are great gold does have the advantage between the pipes but burnsville can FLY when they want to in my opinion they are the fastest team in the leauge even their big guys get up to speed, they are faster than some A teams i have seen. Thats the game i want to see, if those two teams see each other in semis, that is the true championship game. Junior Gold at its best boys good luck to all, this has been my favorite year of hockey even though my team just barley missed the big stage.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

slumpking wrote:first rond:

Woodbury no offense but your from D8 thats like putting a top u16 team against edina. .
D8 has won the JGB State Championship the last 3 years.

In 2007 IGH Red won it and Woodbury finished 3th
In 2008 Lakeville won it and Woodbury White took 4th
In 2009 Lakeville repeated as champs and IGH took 4th
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

Burnsville will not make it past Gold.
ticklemeblink

Post by ticklemeblink »

freighttrain wrote:
slumpking wrote:first rond:

Woodbury no offense but your from D8 thats like putting a top u16 team against edina. .
D8 has won the JGB State Championship the last 3 years.

In 2007 IGH Red won it and Woodbury finished 3th
In 2008 Lakeville won it and Woodbury White took 4th
In 2009 Lakeville repeated as champs and IGH took 4th
slumpking

Post by slumpking »

Mermaid Man wrote:Burnsville will not make it past Gold.
I know its a long shot and regardless thzt will be the chamionship game whoever wins that game i could see winning it all
CADETst0036

Woodbury is a joke.

Post by CADETst0036 »

They will loose there goalie is not that great. All they want to do is take cheap shots on everyone the whole game..There in for a rude awakening at state they will loose there first game agaist Rosville 6-0.