State Tourney Traditions/Oddities

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

cleanUPthegarbage

State Tourney Traditions/Oddities

Post by cleanUPthegarbage »

Each year we get to see the kids put a creative personality on their teams image by dyeing their hair or getting the same haircut. I'm interested to see what we get this year, the warroad bleach job is still a lock right? What do we expect to see and what would we like to see?
Goal

Re: State Tourney Traditions/Oddities

Post by Goal »

cleanUPthegarbage wrote:Each year we get to see the kids put a creative personality on their teams image by dyeing their hair or getting the same haircut. I'm interested to see what we get this year, the warroad bleach job is still a lock right? What do we expect to see and what would we like to see?
Actually at sections half the Warroad team had dyed the hair blonde and the other half had black hair.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I think everyone would like to to see one of the teams wearing their team's jerseys. :D
High_Plains_Dangler

Post by High_Plains_Dangler »

I remember one year the whole Duluth East team had mullets. Another year Roseville's kids shaved their heads. I have to admit the shaved heads looked pretty sweet.
Relax, Take it slow, and Let the Good Times Roll
stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL »

Roseau players had mullets for the section game
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

thats just normal for roseau.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
dabears344

Post by dabears344 »

hopefully some good playoff beards and for AV some good playoff whiskers
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

this is an oddity concerning a uniform, so what is the deal with that gray v in the neck of the hermantown hawk jersey? anyone from the range have any insight or info to share, like is it supposed to represent something or just the style, it looks like they have a cape or something...
HAWKey

Post by HAWKey »

Goal wrote:
cleanUPthegarbage wrote:Each year we get to see the kids put a creative personality on their teams image by dyeing their hair or getting the same haircut. I'm interested to see what we get this year, the warroad bleach job is still a lock right? What do we expect to see and what would we like to see?
Actually at sections half the Warroad team had dyed the hair blonde and the other half had black hair.
i think seniors dye black and the rest go bleach
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

HAWKey wrote:
Goal wrote:
i think seniors dye black and the rest go bleach
No, its actually random. I know seniors Adam Shaugabay and Aaron Rasmussen both went blonde. They decide as a team but I'm guessing seniors get first choice of what color they want. They do try to keep it even though
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

I was told by some of the parents, that the Rochester Lourdes kids held a "Shaving Party" this weekend...
Lourdes kids will be sporting shaved heads this year... not groomed beards yet, have to wait a few years to do that for most of them... :lol:
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

We should keep track of how many "Hi Moms" we get vs. the "Hi Dads"... We Dads never get respect do we... :lol:

Over Under anyone... :?:
Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr »

sachishi4 wrote:thats just normal for roseau.
hmmm, I see 33 times at state and 7 banners in their barn. Something must be working!
cleanUPthegarbage

Post by cleanUPthegarbage »

I heard Lakeville is coming with the red head look, thoughts?
HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

cleanUPthegarbage wrote:I heard Lakeville is coming with the red head look, thoughts?
I like it better than the played out bleached or black hair