Mustangs leaving mnjhl

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

quickgym guy

Mustangs leaving mnjhl

Post by quickgym guy »

Heard from a reliable source today that the WI Mustangs are leaving the MJ to play in a tier II league in canada
clutterbuck22

Re: Mustangs leaving mnjhl

Post by clutterbuck22 »

quickgym guy wrote:Heard from a reliable source today that the WI Mustangs are leaving the MJ to play in a tier II league in canada
Any idea on who would replace them or would the mj just stick with 8 teams?
slapshot445

Post by slapshot445 »

I saw that they were thinking about it, but I thought it was still just speculation. Can anyone confirm this?
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

slapshot445 wrote:I saw that they were thinking about it, but I thought it was still just speculation. Can anyone confirm this?
Heard it from one of the players after their end of the year meetings
crash

Post by crash »

Awww...they will be missed...kind of.

They have broken every rule in the book and been a thorn in the side of the league and a black eye to boot. They will fit nicely with the SIJHL, gongshow hockey with no real direction.

Lots of talk about new MJHL team coming in but is there really a need for more teams in the area? Austin, Alex, Owatonna and Albert Lea are all putting T-3 caliber teams on the ice now and with more NAHL teams starting up the talent pool will be awful.

I still wouldn't be too shocked to see the Ice Hawks jump to the NAHL for next year.
clutterbuck22

Post by clutterbuck22 »

crash wrote:Awww...they will be missed...kind of.

They have broken every rule in the book and been a thorn in the side of the league and a black eye to boot. They will fit nicely with the SIJHL, gongshow hockey with no real direction.

Lots of talk about new MJHL team coming in but is there really a need for more teams in the area? Austin, Alex, Owatonna and Albert Lea are all putting T-3 caliber teams on the ice now and with more NAHL teams starting up the talent pool will be awful.

I still wouldn't be too shocked to see the Ice Hawks jump to the NAHL for next year.
Yeah heard rumors of that, but would that make sense with the national tourney coming to Rochester next year and the year after? Also Hawks going for 6th straight bush cup championship tonight.
slapshot445

Post by slapshot445 »

dont think rochester wants to do that, they are hosting the tier 3 national championship for the next 2 years on behalf of the mjhl. i think it's pretty safe to say they will be in the mj for at least 2 more years, and hopefully much longer