JR. Try out Question

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jeffry20050

JR. Try out Question

Post by jeffry20050 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 pm

My son and I went to watch a Junior try out. It was for a open camp. They are looking to field an NAHL team, an CSHL TEAM, and an GLHL team. There were 6 teams of kids (120 players). On those 6 teams I'm sure there were returning players.
During the tryout there were a couple of kids who wanted to fight which they did. It wasn't a good fight and they shook hands after (gay in my opinion). I'm sure it was done to show the coaches that they would go if required.

A liitle background: The camp cost a couple of hundered to attend. If your good enough you will be asked back to the invite only camp. We only watched one schrimage. There will be an allstar game after the 6 teams play 2 games apeice and the kids are picked. There seem to be a lot of show boating (no team play)going on. There was very very little checking. When one guy got checked he was slashing the heck out of the guy who checked him.

Here's my question:

During Junior tryouts shouldn't the kids check?

I told my son if I paid for him to go and he did'nt finish his check I couldn't watch because that's not how I think it should be done.

Your wisdom?????

downwithcloquet

Post by downwithcloquet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:14 pm

This very well may be one of the most pointless topics I have ever seen.

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:27 am

downwithcloquet wrote:This very well may be one of the most pointless topics I have ever seen.
Not really...

I've seen worse.

8)
The Puck
LGW