Smolders and McClaughlin head to Edina, Vold to Lumberjacks

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

clutterbuck22

Smolders and McClaughlin head to Edina, Vold to Lumberjacks

Post by clutterbuck22 »

The talent on the ice hawks this year must be far better than years past. I don't ever remember the Ice Hawks ever turning down local talent before this year. D.J. Vold will get a spot on the Granite City Lumberjacks this year and Smolders and McClauglin from Mayo will head to the Lakers in Edina. Can anyone else comment on this as why the Ice Hawks turned these local kids down? I know they are always searching for local 'talent', but they must have a lot of outstate and international kids this year. I heard they are getting two from Sweden and one from New Zealand.
huville

Post by huville »

American junior hockey teams are only allowed 2 foreign born players per season. So whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.
Marty McSorely

Post by Marty McSorely »

Smolders and McGlaughlin nice players for Mayo who didn't win many games in the awesome Big 9 according to follow the puck. As for DJ Vold, must be a rift between his dad (the former equipment manager) and the Fatis Family. Vold has a heart for the game but his conditioning and superior attitude seem to hinder him.
crash

Post by crash »

Well 12 games into the season I think you see why the Rochester kids didn't make the team.

They might have been talented enough but they were not the right fit for the team the Hawks were putting together.

Anyway Rochester is a blast to watch! GO HAWKS!