Junior Gold Hockey

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Bragenrights

Junior Gold Hockey

Post by Bragenrights » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:43 pm

For all players who get cut from the high school team and are considering playing junior gold!!!
1. Junior gold hockey is the most fun hockey I have ever played
2. It is not the cheap league that it is sometimes stereotyped to be, but instead has been turned into a league where in my opinion is cleaner than a JV hockey game i played in the year befor
3. It keeps you involved in the game that we all love and you can continue to play in competitive hockey games all year round

So I am urging anyone who is deciding whether or not to tryout for junior gold to give it a shot you will not regret it!!!

blueblood

Junior Gold

Post by blueblood » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Listen to what my buddy bragen has to say, because he is right.

Bragen, enjoy your senior year. You never know when I will show up to see you and the LV boys in action....
Play Like a Champion Today

StayAtHomeD

Post by StayAtHomeD » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:03 am

Some of these Junior Gold A teams would destroy some varsity teams. I think it's a great league.

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm not sure I would say destroy, but many of the top teams could compete at a middle of the road varsity schedule, or an average class A schedule. Definitely a good option if a player doesnt make or doesnt want to play for their high school team. Sometimes it can be a bit rough but I wouldn't classify it as a goon league by any means. For those who love hockey, I highly recommend it.