JGA 2010-2011 regular season scores!!!

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Lakeville 3
Blaine 2

Wayzata 5
Lakeville 2

Close game (3-2) going in the third then we made a bad line change on a long shift and that was as close as it would be.
Wayzata had a pretty solid team, very impressed with #4.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Hack
The Puck
LGW
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

Just from looking at the metro league site, I'm surprised there's not more talk about the tonka and wayzata keepers. Both these teams have only 27 goals scored against them. That is the most impressive stat out there to me. I've heard a lot of talk about this stillwater goalie, but tonka and wayzata must have some studs of their own in net.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
BlJGA

Post by BlJGA »

Its hard to tell with their goals against if they are good goalies or not. After watching them they were decent but not the best. If MTKA and Wayzata keep the puck in the other teams zone the whole game, hell I could have good stats and I don't play goalie.
Ride4Life

Post by Ride4Life »

Also, the quality of the shots. Where one team is getting out played/outshot and where the shots come from.. also how good the d are.. cotrolling rebounds is also a huge part well as how well he can give up no rebounds at all. if a goalie has 10-20 shots in a game, he shouldn't be letting up more than one MAYBE two goals at most...
Olan767

Post by Olan767 »

Yep I agree - right now Wayzata n Tonka must have some studs in the crease. Stats don't lie...
just a fan of hockey

Post by just a fan of hockey »

BlJGA wrote:Its hard to tell with their goals against if they are good goalies or not. After watching them they were decent but not the best. If MTKA and Wayzata keep the puck in the other teams zone the whole game, hell I could have good stats and I don't play goalie.
Good point - the team stats show the combined goals not the indivual - so hard to tell with out knowing individual. Also, should note the the disparity in goals for and goals against - those teams outscore their opponent 3-1.
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

so basically you're saying their goalies can't be good because their teams are good? The only way a goalie can be good is if their team is mediocre or worse?

How about the concept of teams "playing safe" in the third period with a good lead to maintain their fpp? That is going to directly impact the teams ability to maintain a fore check, clear pucks out of the front of the net, etc.
just a fan of hockey

Post by just a fan of hockey »

No, that is not what I said. For the record, their goalies are real good, seen them play. A good team can help a goalie by clearing rebounds, playing good position giving up low percentage shots and control the puck reducing break away's or odd man rushes. There are several solid goalies in this league - just have to watch and judge for yourself.
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

Agreed, but unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to see these goalies often enough, so when looking at the stats I was surprised there hasn't been more talk about them (positive or negative). I know the last few years wayzata has had some very impressive goal tending. Two years ago their goalies carried them to the state championship. They lost the final game but it was a low scoring one (2-1 or something). Maybe I should be talking about this in the Best JGA goalie thread.
JGAstud08

Post by JGAstud08 »

CountryGentelman2 wrote:
JGAstud08 wrote:
CountryGentelman2 wrote: Hey thanks for the input we know your from Tonka
The thread IS called JGA score updates so posting a JGA score would be pretty appropriate but thanks for your input CountryGentelman
No problem hockey STUD!
CG, you better rally the troops tonight and try to avoid the sweep from tonka. But from the looks of Friday it should be a cake walk for the warriors
YeahhhBuddayyy

Post by YeahhhBuddayyy »

Ep 5
Tonka 4

Ep lead 5 to 2 in the 3rd
CountryGentelman2

Post by CountryGentelman2 »

JGAstud08 wrote:
CountryGentelman2 wrote:
JGAstud08 wrote: The thread IS called JGA score updates so posting a JGA score would be pretty appropriate but thanks for your input CountryGentelman
No problem hockey STUD!
CG, you better rally the troops tonight and try to avoid the sweep from tonka. But from the looks of Friday it should be a cake walk for the warriors
"Cake walk"...
I just want to say good game boys you guys played very well;)
Youngun8719

Post by Youngun8719 »

You beat tonka 1 out of 3 games you cant really say much cg
wildthing

Post by wildthing »

Maybe EP cant say much, but have many other teams beaten Tonka this year?????
Youngun8719

Post by Youngun8719 »

No they were undefeated in metro league play with a tie to Stillwater. This loss could help tonka and take some of the pressure off them
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

I don't know how losing will take the pressure off them, but did both teams get their FPP?
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

Reg Dunlap wrote:I don't know how losing will take the pressure off them, but did both teams get their FPP?
Takes pressure off because now they dont have to worry about being perfect and undefeated.
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

haha, sooo much pressure. If anything it should put pressure on them, they now know they're not untouchable. Being undefeated is intimidating to other teams, now other teams realize they're not an unstoppable force. And it's not like they got beat by another top team. EP is probably one of the better teams, but I wouldn't put them in my top 5.
aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink »

When a team shows up to play and another doesn't, it doesnt matter what your record is. Take a couple penalties and the other team capitalizes on the PP and momentum shifts.
Youngun8719

Post by Youngun8719 »

ep is easily a top 5 team
aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink »

Youngun8719 wrote:ep is easily a top 5 team
They are only a couple of points out of 5th. But they have also played less games than most squads. Going to be a busy February for them to get all the games in, hopefully they can keep it together.
JGAstud08

Post by JGAstud08 »

EP is a top 3 team in state. Tonka came out flat last night and they gave them a beating. EP has a very strong forecheck
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

they've lost or tied 7 of their 13 games posted, I guess 14 games now that they beat tonka, not impressive if you ask me.
blueblood

Ep

Post by blueblood »

Reggie:

Right now, EP is top 3 material. bb has spoken.
Play Like a Champion Today