Best JGB Team 2010-2011

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

WILDhockeyfan47

Best JGB Team 2010-2011

Post by WILDhockeyfan47 »

Who do you think is the best JGB team as of right now? The Warrior Hockey Rankings as I post this are as follows:

1. Wayzata Gold

2. Edina White

3. Woodbury

4. Hastings

5. Edina Green

6. Minnetonka

7. Tartan

8. Roseville

9. St. Thomas Academy Blue

10. Wayzata Blue

I personally would say Woodbury as this past weekend in the White Bear Lake Tournament they beat Edina Green 4-1 and dominated Wayzata Gold in the championship game on Sunday beating them 6-1 and out-shooting them 43-11.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

Wayzata Gold was not in the White Bear Tourney. They were in Albert Lea this past weekend.
WILDhockeyfan47

freighttrain wrote:Wayzata Gold was not in the White Bear Tourney. They were in Albert Lea this past weekend.
Oh you're right my bad. It must have been Wayzata Blue then. Everyone was telling me it was Wayzata Gold and I could have sworn I saw a bracket that said it too. The online bracket is wrong as well. Not only does it not have the results of the final games, it says that North Metro beat Woodbury 8-6 and advanced to the championship game vs. Wayzata when in fact Woodbury beat North Metro 1-0. For the no. 1 ranked team to get beaten like that would be too good to be true, lol.
WZTA JGB

Post by WZTA JGB »

I think until we get beat that we deserve to be ranked number 1, we aren't as dominant as last year though. however i would rank tonka higher they are really good, we play them tonight so expect a close game.
2010-STATE CHAMPS
2011-2ND PLACE
2012-2ND PLACE
WILDhockeyfan47

WZTA JGB wrote:I think until we get beat that we deserve to be ranked number 1, we aren't as dominant as last year though. however i would rank tonka higher they are really good, we play them tonight so expect a close game.
We play Hastings tonight which should be a little closer game than normal. We haven't lost yet either but It's a shame we play in District 8 instead of the MHL. There's way less teams which means way less games. The only teams we've played not from District 8 are Edina Green beating them 4-1, North Metro winning 1-0 (we were outshooting them 22-2 at the end of the 2nd period, embarassing win), Wayzata blue beating them 6-1, and a scrimmage against North St. Paul winning 6-3 If I remember correctly.
Mr. Fruity

Post by Mr. Fruity »

I would have to say Woodbury, Wayzata Gold, and Hastings are three of the top teams in state. It would have been nice if Gold got to play either of these teams before state
HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

Anything on Roseville,Tartan,Hudson
Mr. Fruity

Post by Mr. Fruity »

HOCKEYDRIVER wrote:Anything on Roseville,Tartan,Hudson
Yeah im really curious about Roseville. Havent played them yet but i hear they are pretty good. Tartan is a really solid team but Idk anything about Hudson
HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

Roseville vs Tartan 2/9 @ Tartan main 8:30pm
WhiteTornado

Post by WhiteTornado »

Was checking around to see how everyone's A team is doing but the funny thing about this list is that half of them don't even have an A team.

Is this the Metro League or Showcase Hockey? I love it when teams play down so coaches can separate their shoulders patting themselves on the back telling themselves what great coaching minds they are.

Props to associations like Wayzata, Edina, and Minnetonka for manning-up and still finding success at the B level.
HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

So what you are saying, Is if 15 to 20 kids tryout they all should play "A".
And if you have 40 to 60 that's Ok for a "B" team.
aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink »

WhiteTornado wrote:Was checking around to see how everyone's A team is doing but the funny thing about this list is that half of them don't even have an A team.

Is this the Metro League or Showcase Hockey? I love it when teams play down so coaches can separate their shoulders patting themselves on the back telling themselves what great coaching minds they are.

Props to associations like Wayzata, Edina, and Minnetonka for manning-up and still finding success at the B level.
Some schools just dont have the number of kids to play at an A level.

If you take a look at some associations peewee teams, once you get to the B2 level, they arent as good as say maple grove. But maple grove only has 3 peewee teams.

So there is a number of ways to look at it. Do they put out an A team and get crushed, or do you play B so that the kids have fun and win some games? Wayzata, Edina, Minnetonka all have the numbers to be able to field 3 or more teams. I think wayzata has 4, edina has 4, minnetonka i think has 5. (Just quick without looking at the metro league site)
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Minnetonka only has one JGA, one JGB, and one 16U team- only 3, not 5
Biker53

Post by Biker53 »

I was unaware that Woodbury Hastings Tartan Roseville St. Thomas (not to mention Hudsons JV team) only had 15-20 kids in their JG programs. I imagine they do have to play down at B to be able to compete with the Andovers, FL, Buffalo, Mahtomedi, PL, NP, and Crow Rivers. Maybe we can petition and get them waived down to where they can really compete. :lol:
Mermaid Man

Post by Mermaid Man »

WILDhockeyfan47 wrote:
freighttrain wrote:Wayzata Gold was not in the White Bear Tourney. They were in Albert Lea this past weekend.
Oh you're right my bad. It must have been Wayzata Blue then. Everyone was telling me it was Wayzata Gold and I could have sworn I saw a bracket that said it too. The online bracket is wrong as well. Not only does it not have the results of the final games, it says that North Metro beat Woodbury 8-6 and advanced to the championship game vs. Wayzata when in fact Woodbury beat North Metro 1-0. For the no. 1 ranked team to get beaten like that would be too good to be true, lol.
If Wayzata Gold was in White Bear it would have been just like 2 years ago when Wayzata pulled off the epic shootout victory!!
Govie

Post by Govie »

I too would like to know how they decide what is worthy of A versus B. This is happening on the East Sdie quite a bit throughout all levels of youth como/Johnson hockey.

I know when I was Bantam B there were a few organizations that only had B teams - one of which went on to be ranked #2 almost the whole year. It's funny because our A bantam team that year (Johnson) was pretty garbage but my B bantam team took 2nd that year and almost wone the entire state B bantam.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

WhiteTornado wrote:Was checking around to see how everyone's A team is doing but the funny thing about this list is that half of them don't even have an A team.

Props to Edina, Minnetonka, and Wayzata for putting 2 or more total teams (JGA, JGB, and 16U) into the state tournament.
ehsfan17

Post by ehsfan17 »

tonkafan77 wrote:

Props to Edina, Minnetonka, and Wayzata for putting 2 or more total teams (JGA, JGB, and 16U) into the state tournament.
Props to Edina for putting 4 junior gold teams to state, more teams than most cities have total.